AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-06-05, 12:11   Link #41
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
Star Wars?
Close but, no.
Old 2013-06-05, 12:22   Link #42
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I feel sorry for Sai, He's been reduced to a pitiful 'me too' character on the sidelines compared to how he was when Shippuden first started.

Tried to showcase his usefulness in this chapter but failed spectacularly. it's almost like a parody to be honest at this point.
Nah, Sai just drew the short end of the stick. Kishimoto probably wanted to avoid an "Eagles to Mordor" situation, and since Sai and Sasuke are the only people there that have flying summons/can fly, and because Sasuke just joined them, it fell to Sai.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 12:24   Link #43
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea i think that's a little off. i would have preferred to see sasuke summon a hawk instead and actually it would have been nice to see sakura have her own animal too. not really sure what it should be, but i just dont see why it has to be the exact same set of summonings as the sannin. sometimes mirroring the past works, other times it's boring. 3 giant summons would still provide the mirror effect anyway, it just wouldn't be exact and unoriginal
it probably would have been nice to have a different set of animals, but since i never seen the sannin fight as a team im still excited...
as for the hawk,( if i force sai's reintroduction to having any real meaning), he showed us that an aerial approach isnt best. it was his idea/announcement regarding the tactic they should use and to that end sasuke summons the snake which is both powerful and QUICK enough to slip through to get to the main body...
whether or not thats whats really going on, its where my imagination took things...
Old 2013-06-05, 13:24   Link #44
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
No it makes sense that they summon their former masters' pets.
Kish is saying they are the New Sanin and have surpassed their masters.
naruto and frogs is a given. sasuke could have summoned snakes or hawks. my point is hawks would have been refreshingly new. (he still might do it at some point in this fight of course)

and sakura was a blank slate so it literally could have been anything. of course slugs make the most sense, but who's to say she only has one summon? like sasuke she can have 2 as well. again my point was that it was boring and predictable. something offensive instead of defensive would have been cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
as for the hawk,( if i force sai's reintroduction to having any real meaning), he showed us that an aerial approach isnt best. it was his idea/announcement regarding the tactic they should use and to that end sasuke summons the snake which is both powerful and QUICK enough to slip through to get to the main body...
whether or not thats whats really going on, its where my imagination took things...
yea that's exactly what's going on. but the same info could have been provided by sasuke instead of sai. sasuke trying the hawk and then needing the snake or vise versa to show each one's power and weakness throughout the battle. or both at once like edo-pain did. i dont know. i'm just asking for a little originality to spice things up. i've seen the giant snake and giant slug. granted i'm sure they will do new things, but a different animal would be more fresh
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 13:40   Link #45
Cookie-Monster

Pain had the coolest summons ><
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 13:44   Link #46
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Heh the whole Sasuke thing recently has been abit of a farce but you know what, I actually really did like this chapter, the last page was quite kick ass imo

I still waiting to know what has happened to the current gen of kages, still nothing on Tsuande's condition atm but since she was like cut in half I'm guessing it can't be good
Old 2013-06-05, 14:13   Link #47
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I have to admit this was one of my favorite chapters from the year. It even reminded to that Sanin fight. I really don't think that Naruto is going to be betrayed by Sasuke or anything like that. It just felt like the good old typical rivalry.

Oh yeah Sai got it a lot better than Yamato... Does anybody remember the last time we saw him?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 14:28   Link #48
Ero-Senn1n

Shino's summon attack is sick as hell. Imagine that performed a humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I wanted this generation to deal with their shit and after the Hokages revival I though i won't be getting that. But, Kishi at least this right.
I'm not sure what you expect but to me it seems that these other genins will be used as measuring sticks and commentators/spectators pretty soon, that is when both Naruto and Sasuke and also the kages finish their warmup.

I wonder what's Orochimaru up to, maybe he has some plan for the 10-tails and rinnegan, which would also benefit him personally. Until now he cooperated with Sasuke, but maybe he has his own agenda, sure he would be an interesting final villain if he turns out to be some kind of Dr. Gero (from DB/DBZ) who collects knowledge and cells in this war and then disappears for some time and comes back for the last story arc. His goal was always to master all jutsu and we learned that everything that Kabuto did was based on Orochi's previous work, so he was basically a lesser Orochimaru, with that in mind it's clear that Orochimaru has all the abilities to become a final villain that can make even more impressive things than what we saw in this war. But i don't see what are the motivations of this new Orochimaru, how would he become a final villain that makes sense for his character. We know that losing his parents and many of his comrades was an important factor in him turning "evil", but it would be very boring and lame if it's just that.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-06-05 at 14:43.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 15:02   Link #49
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Actually she did 64 in one strike, neji did up to 128 in several strikes. She did half of that in one second or w.e
I'm glad to see Hinata about to attempt hakke rokujūyon shō with jūho sōshiken. I wonder, if she can pull that off, would that make her version of hakke rokujūyon shō surpass Neji's? Or rather, would this count an in improved variation of the technique (similar to how Naruto created superior versions of the original rasengan)?
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:06   Link #50
Owlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'm glad to see Hinata about to attempt hakke rokujūyon shō with jūho sōshiken. I wonder, if she can pull that off, would that make her version of hakke rokujūyon shō surpass Neji's? Or rather, would this count an in improved variation of the technique (similar to how Naruto created superior versions of the original rasengan)?
At this point Hinata can't even do what Neji's done from part I as a genin. I really think her character is a waste and only around to have a crush on Naruto --which is also a waste because he likes Sakura. I think he should have kept Neji and killed Hinata instead, it would have made for a better death imo, and would have more of an impact drawing sympathy from the crowd considering her personality. Naruto should end up with Sakura the girl he always wanted, and perhaps Sasuke hooks up with Karin or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Actually she did 64 in one strike, neji did up to 128 in several strikes. She did half of that in one second or w.e
64 strikes in one strike, I don't understand how that makes sense. The panel shows her hitting the bijuu clone several times with both hands. I know you guys love Hinata, but according to the story she isn't a very talented Hyuuga as far as Hyuugas go. I don't see why people have to embellish things, the story is what the story is...
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:37   Link #51
shalala

Why is Kiba allowed to do the shadow clone if it is meant to be forbidden? Soo that would mean he was allowed access to the scroll and from there leant how to do it. Still to me is was pretty meh well better then Sai. Given that all he showed off with a 3 headed dog which Pain did before. I guess he could the inspertion from that summoning. I do like how Naruto and Sasuke where bothing checking each other out after not seeing each other for quite some time. Plus Summioning no Justuusss was pretty cool. I pretty sure Sasuke going to bring out his Hawk justu later on when it is needed.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 18:08   Link #52
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Lol all I imagined at the end of the chapter was the slug telling sakura. "I was healing tsunade and the other hokages but you summoned me here so they probably are all dead now."
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 18:20   Link #53
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Why is Kiba allowed to do the shadow clone if it is meant to be forbidden? Soo that would mean he was allowed access to the scroll and from there leant how to do it.
The Multi Shadow Clone technique is what's forbidden, the regular Shadow Clone technique is perfectly fine.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 18:26   Link #54
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
Lol all I imagined at the end of the chapter was the slug telling sakura. "I was healing tsunade and the other hokages but you summoned me here so they probably are all dead now."
That's be a pretty funny omake.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 18:28   Link #55
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
Pretty sure a summon can refuse summoning, as it would in this case.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 18:46   Link #56
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Why is Kiba allowed to do the shadow clone if it is meant to be forbidden? Soo that would mean he was allowed access to the scroll and from there leant how to do it. Still to me is was pretty meh well better then Sai.
What Kiba done there was a simple Shadow Clone Jutsu. What was written in the forbidden scroll was the Mass Shadow Clone Jutsu.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 19:11   Link #57
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Naruto doesn't make sense, does Kishi even know his manga any more? Hes even turned Sai into a joke, which is a shame since he started off cool than "Where'd Sai go?" He wasn't in the Pain arc either.

However, I will say even though the teams and Sasuke had ass pulls I enjoyed at least Team Shikamaru's team in action.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 19:19   Link #58
Luce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
^ "The cycle cannot be broken" - Cookies for anyone who identifies where this quote comes from (james cannot participate)
It may not come from this but it sounds a lot like Mass Effect 3.

In regards to the chapter it was pretty awesome to see all the rookies in action again. Kind of been stated already, but cool none the less. With Minato's and Naruto's inverted Kyuubi mode design, I wonder what Naruto will look like when he gets the other half, which I kinda hoped would have happened already.
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 19:22   Link #59
Eragon
Still Alive

^ And we have a winner!

Just give me your address so I can deliver the cookies through post
Old 2013-06-05, 19:56   Link #60
Kowai

The last 2-3 chapters have zero connection to the previous 500 chapters.
Like a complete 180 degree turn with sasuke joining them and working together.

I also think the tailed beast's smaller spawns are lame as f*ck.

Pure fodder to show power ups in a cheap way, in that none of the Konoha 11 murders anyone. Kishi has of course done this throughout (having main characters fight monsters so it doesn't look as violent). But this is just too cheese and too cartoony compared to the badassness that was akatsuki (before they transform into monsters to be killed by "good guys")

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion