AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 21:32   Link #31381
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Greedy
If you read about most of Tatenashi's power (Water controlling bullshit), most if not all of them are physically improbable, chalking up to "Nanomachine did it" handwave. The only thing less realistic is AIC, but it's way, way subtler in presentation.

Planning to fix it in Sacred Twins and TLR Stratos with a hefty dose of tehcnobabble, because it's hard to make a 'Sturdy science' explanation about it. Perhaps you can help?

@ Eras
Sure, but I have to go for several hours.
Old 2012-05-25, 21:36   Link #31382
greedyspectator

@Zero
Well, yeah, you're right. Water is heavy. Moving water using nanomachines, although not actually prohibited by physics, require a lot of energy (enough to power a damn city). I always get annoyed when fiction handwaves something with nanomachines. They aren't actually as awesome as fiction likes to depict.
Old 2012-05-25, 21:40   Link #31383
Eratas123

How does she control water, anyhow?
Old 2012-05-25, 21:53   Link #31384
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think it's actually plausible... without using that much energy that is. Thus far the theory is only applicable if there have been no instance that Tatenashi has been able to sculpt the water(in detail).
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 21:59   Link #31385
Eratas123

She made detailed water clones:/ I'm guessing that counts as sculpting.

@ Senpai - PM sent
Old 2012-05-25, 22:17   Link #31386
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Oh right, forgot about that. Then that idea's dead and science just got raped up the butt.
Old 2012-05-25, 22:23   Link #31387
Eratas123

I wonder how IS would do in the world of Fallout
Old 2012-05-25, 22:26   Link #31388
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Overwhelming, no questions asked. Not invincible though.

Spoiler for cold opening(?) to KR Fourze X IS:
Old 2012-05-25, 22:34   Link #31389
Eratas123

Why overwelming? THe Fallout world has super mutants, mutations, monsters, and, worst of all, player characters who become near goldike and become capable of mowing entire armies down by mid game.

Don't watch Kamen rider, sorry
Old 2012-05-25, 22:38   Link #31390
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Nothing in fall-out comes close to IS' speed. At least from my experience. They could take potshots with the energy guns but yeah... considering how rare those are.

Also, IS fly. I've yet to see anything in fallout do that.
Old 2012-05-25, 22:43   Link #31391
Eratas123

By NEw Vegas, Energy guns really aren't rare. THey're manufactured daily by multiple companies and you even have laser gatling guns being sold daily.

ANyway, discounting the flying, would they still be invulnerable?
Old 2012-05-25, 22:56   Link #31392
demino_hellsin
That one guy

heck no O.o just have about 5 unskilled infantry men pelting gatling lasers at a standard skilled pilot and the IS is dead.
Old 2012-05-25, 23:16   Link #31393
Eratas123

Wouldn't their shield block everything, though?
Old 2012-05-26, 00:02   Link #31394
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the shield will get eaten through reeeeaaaaaal quick.
Old 2012-05-26, 00:34   Link #31395
Eratas123

Thanks, I need it for a joke segment in a virtual reality Fallout game for Future Imperfect One of them tries to talk to the guy carting around the descendant Cloud's broadsword......the other barges in and yells "I'm taking over New Vegas!". Guy with Broadsword gets pissy.
Old 2012-05-26, 02:01   Link #31396
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I can understand making a water clone or water shield, if you have the nano-machines forming a tight matrix/webbing/network/something, and have them creating a suspension field (The same field used to make I.S. parts floating, those parts aren't lightweight) THEN have them reflecting certain spectrum to give actual color. You need a LOT of extremely powerful nanos, but it's not inherently impossible, just impractical.

Hell, she could make a mist bomb, basically turning pure mist of water into rocket fuel explosion. This could be achieved using high density radiation within water droplets, again if the nanos are powerful enough. This by far the most interesting and somewhat believable one for me.

However, I take offense on water drill (no, not those awesome water cutter, an ACTUAL drill made of water, that) that could slice actual knife, it's the true bullshit that I could not accept. Therefore I'm changing this one to something else.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-05-26 at 02:19.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 03:36   Link #31397
greedyspectator

@Zero
Well, assuming IS cores are basically fusion reactors with an AI attached, the nanomachines probably got the energy from that. It needs a hell lot of energy, to the point that I'm honestly confused why such exotic abilities get used the first place. It's more practical to reroute all that damn energy into a laser or a railgun. But it's possible.

The nanomachines probably get their energy wirelessly from the IS. This can be done with technology today, but just not in any practical efficiency, but since IS verse is far more advanced than RL, this is actually quite reasonable. Then, the nanomachines are probably controlled by a program inside the IS. It's impossible to compress too much processing power into nanomachines due to physical constraints. It's also impossible for the nanomachines to get sensory input from anything but the IS commands, since sensors that small rapidly degrades in high speeds. Therefore, the nanomachines itself only receive instructions from the IS using sensory input (temperature, enemy location, etc) from the IS itself. The nanomachines probably have small molecular webs to carry water droplets in the air, similar to what some plants actually have. They probably move via an electromagnetic field created by the IS. Since the nanomachines are magnetic but water is ferromagnetic, the nanomachines constantly gets attracted into the IS but the water constantly gets repelled. Adjusting the energy pumped into the electromagnetic field allows the nanomachines to be quickly moved around along with the water. This is probably how all the tricks Tatenashi shows is done.

Note I always use probably, here. Making water move in midair like magic is a problem far above my pay grade.
Old 2012-05-26, 03:39   Link #31398
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How weird is it if a male OC is fighting against the weaponization of IS?
Old 2012-05-26, 03:41   Link #31399
greedyspectator

@Demi
By weaponization of IS do you mean a military grade IS?
Old 2012-05-26, 03:43   Link #31400
demino_hellsin
That one guy

aye. Dude and his merry band fight against turning IS into military weapons. But they let the gladiatorial sports equipment thing pass.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest