AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-21, 21:28   Link #1461
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Does anyone want a code for that Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate unlimited uses demo? I already have it, so I figured maybe someone here would want it
Definitely wouldn't mind giving it a shot if you still have it, thanks. It's for the US region, I assume?
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 21:52   Link #1462
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Definitely wouldn't mind giving it a shot if you still have it, thanks. It's for the US region, I assume?
Yeah, it's for North America (at least my account setup is). I sent you a pm
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 23:27   Link #1463
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Yeah, it's for North America (at least my account setup is). I sent you a pm
Thanks! I'll put it to good use. This might be the thing that tempts me to get a new 3ds. (If NoA had decided to release the standard version, I would've been sold instantly. )
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 21:20   Link #1464
GDB

Hyped to be picking up Monster Hunter tomorrow. Gonna play the hell out of it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 17:09   Link #1465
Dextro
He Without a Title

Have you guys seen the limited edition cover plates that Nintendo has been releasing?

Majora's Mask:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Xenoblade Chronicles:
Images

That black Majora's Mask one is particularly good looking. Sadly the prices for them seem to be going through the roof so there's no way I'm getting my hands on one of them.
Old 2015-03-04, 09:05   Link #1466
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Man... a Neon Genesis Evangelion theme for Japanese 3DS?

Man... I neeeeeeeeeeds it~

Last edited by SOGESNAKE; 2015-03-04 at 09:47.
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 18:20   Link #1467
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I saw the recent Nintendo Direct and it was great and all, but the fact Iwata called that guy to do some of the Direct kind of makes you worry. Since it looks like he is training the guy to replace him.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 20:59   Link #1468
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I saw the recent Nintendo Direct and it was great and all, but the fact Iwata called that guy to do some of the Direct kind of makes you worry. Since it looks like he is training the guy to replace him.
Talking about Bill Trinen? He usually comes every time there's a specific U.S. release date. Not to mention he's the lead marketing honcho for the U.S. side.
Old 2015-04-02, 22:50   Link #1469
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Talking about Bill Trinen? He usually comes every time there's a specific U.S. release date. Not to mention he's the lead marketing honcho for the U.S. side.
Oh, I guess it is different depending on the version, but in the Japanese version of the Nintendo Direct, he has a guy, Mr. Morimoto, replace him for the middle section of the Nintendo Direct.
Also, it seems that Mr. Morimoto might be the same guy as in this article from a long time ago:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nom/0104/special/page4.html

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 11:10   Link #1470
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Offering it here since otherwise it will expire tomorrow: Does anyone want a code for one of the Club Nintendo Gold level rewards? I only have a 3DS, and don't want to lose the region-free hack, so I'm not connecting it to the e-shop, therefore I have no use for the reward for myself. Just tell me what Gold level game you want. First come, first served.

EDIT: And taken.

Last edited by Sute443; 2015-04-30 at 20:48.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 09:18   Link #1471
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I frigging lied. Just a moment ago I said Saekano S2 was the best news I have heard in forever, but the fact that Atlus is localizing Legend of Legacy is even better! As a hardcore SaGa fan, I've been dying for even a knockoff to come stateside, and I've lost hope since SaGa didn't do all too well here. But the hope is back, and instead of denial the reply comment was actually pretty funny.

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/atlus-pro...-legend-legacy

Now if someone would announce that they're localizing Shining Resonance as well, this would be the best day EVER. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 13:22   Link #1472
Shadow5YA

Eh... Altus isn't really the best localizing group, what with them enforcing dub only and their special price tax
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 06:27   Link #1473
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

The important thing about media is coverage... COVERAGE!!! Maybe a wrong word, but you get the point. Something being localized is worth enough celebrating.
Old 2015-05-06, 10:06   Link #1474
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

At some point, I'm just happy to play the game in English. As long as there's no game breaking bugs or untranslated text (NISAmerica, I still haven't forgotten), I'd pay extra for the niche games. Heck if Shining Resonance comes stateside, I'm willing to dish out 100 bucks just for the copy.

Of course, this would turn off mainstream people, and I think it shows how bad in a shape the niche market is in, but if it's worth it I'll pay for it. 50 bucks for SaGa knock off is well worth the price since Square Enix is very hesitant to release anything SaGa over stateside anymore. :/

Old 2015-05-06, 14:48   Link #1475
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
At some point, I'm just happy to play the game in English. As long as there's no game breaking bugs or untranslated text (NISAmerica, I still haven't forgotten), I'd pay extra for the niche games. Heck if Shining Resonance comes stateside, I'm willing to dish out 100 bucks just for the copy.

Of course, this would turn off mainstream people, and I think it shows how bad in a shape the niche market is in, but if it's worth it I'll pay for it. 50 bucks for SaGa knock off is well worth the price since Square Enix is very hesitant to release anything SaGa over stateside anymore. :/
Hey, don't get my hopes up man. It's not cool
Old 2015-05-07, 02:24   Link #1476
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Sorry about that. Just saying, I have no problems paying premium price for games I want localized. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure that 'unreleased game in Japan' that Atlus wants to localize is Langrisser 3DS. (I'm ruling out Luminous Arc Infinity since I have no idea what's happening with Marvelous)

But seriously? Now that Zestiria is prolly launchin with PS4 here this side of the pacific pretty much dooms Resonance, or any other PS3 game for that matter. But that's really another topic for another thread...

Old 2015-05-07, 14:48   Link #1477
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Sorry about that. Just saying, I have no problems paying premium price for games I want localized. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure that 'unreleased game in Japan' that Atlus wants to localize is Langrisser 3DS. (I'm ruling out Luminous Arc Infinity since I have no idea what's happening with Marvelous)

But seriously? Now that Zestiria is prolly launchin with PS4 here this side of the pacific pretty much dooms Resonance, or any other PS3 game for that matter. But that's really another topic for another thread...
On the other hand this is Atlus we're talking about. It's the same company that released Persona 4 in 2008 or 2 years into the PS3 lifecycle. If there's one company I wouldn't be surprised to find releasing new games for old systems is Atlus.
Old 2015-05-07, 15:13   Link #1478
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Persona is niche?

I can understand the Shining games since Sega doesn't localize it anymore, but you can't say that for Atlus games. It's like if Sega charged $80 for Sonic Colors and Generations, and people said "I don't mind paying more, because I'm just glad this is getting localized at all!" Atlus games get localized regularly, so it's a fallacy to act as if paying the extra costs is what keeps the localization effort alive.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 15:30   Link #1479
Dextro
He Without a Title

It looks like Nintendo of America has announced their E3 Digital Conference and, to top it off, a new round of the Nintendo "World" Championships. But the best part is the announcement video. It's so cheesy and yet I found it incredibly hilarious

YouTube
Old 2015-05-13, 16:20   Link #1480
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Only downside to Nintendo's E3 plans: despite getting a three week notice about it, they failed to keep in mind the Square-Enix press conference planned for June 16th and are having their "Digital Event" air the same time as that.

BTW, if anyone asks, I'd still be watching the Nintendo event, as S-E's plans to hold off Kingdom Hearts 3 news until November means the only thing that would interest me in that press conference would be the hope of a US release for Bravely Second and the Dragon Quest games.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds