AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-12, 13:49   Link #1301
Xacual

Yeah I wouldn't buy any of the pvp gear that is free. I bought the stuff on my shaman, took a screenshot, then deleted it all. I still got a warning on my account for "taking advantage of a bug."

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 13:57   Link #1302
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
So much for playing WoW and getting more stuff done to prepare for the WotLK . But at least we were able to power through KZ as a guild for one, last hurrah to it before we all move to Northrend
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 14:08   Link #1303
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Servers were all up way late last night into the early morning. Are they down again?

Considering the guards are level 75 and 80 in the areas under attack...and the Boss types and Named NPCs three shot the Horrors that get too close, it is just something impressive looking. It is impressive looking and it is hard to knock down those Wyrms because they don't come into range often enough. With a voidwalker I can solo the Horrors.

Wonder how long it will take to level the 55 hunter up three levels to go to DK infested Outland?
Old 2008-11-12, 14:09   Link #1304
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Well they probably didn't want them to just attack everyone on sight and be immensely powerful. That would greatly disrupt the playing of anyone who DIDN'T want to be in the event.

Remember the Zombies? And if the monsters could take down guards they'd probably wipe out some of the lesser populated cities.
*comes back after having logged in for a moment to check the new stuff*

Screw the lesser populated ones, these guys spawn so fast they'd need permanent 70 patrols to prevent them dashing into the main city and killing all the lowbies.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 14:47   Link #1305
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*comes back after having logged in for a moment to check the new stuff*

Screw the lesser populated ones, these guys spawn so fast they'd need permanent 70 patrols to prevent them dashing into the main city and killing all the lowbies.
I haven't seen the event but its nothing compared to the Zombie invasion
Having your OWN PLAYERS purposely get infected in order to suicide the AH/Bank over and over to infect crowds of PCs/NPCs constantly... It was horror
Old 2008-11-12, 14:52   Link #1306
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Darn, and I missed that...
Old 2008-11-12, 15:02   Link #1307
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That was horror. This event is Stormwind Harbor or the Valley of Honor is more fun I would think (for 70s since everything is 71 or 72 elites). Plus you get to see the best the humans (King Wrynn, Bolvar, Broll, and Valeera) or Horde has against the Scourge (Thrall, Sylvanas, Hellscream, and Saurfang)

It doesn't net you much. I can't even get soul shards from the Horrors, just a tiny bit of reputation with the Argent Dawn. As far as I can tell you get nothing for taking down a Wyrm...save the satifaction of doing so.
Old 2008-11-12, 16:06   Link #1308
Xacual

The zombie invasion was way more fun then this event. Maybe if the undead were actually strong or if they attacked the entire city. I really wanted to see Orgrimmar burned to the ground.

Also I'm constantly annoyed by people talking about how they are going to get the first rogue on server achievement, etc. I mean that was removed months ago, Blizz even had a sticky saying they removed them.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 16:37   Link #1309
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Usually when the servers go down like they did yesterday we get compensated with a free day or so. So no need to worry, they are actually pretty good about that.

Besides this downtime is nothing compared to a couple years back. Proudmoore... down for 3 days. Crashing constantly... happened to a lot of servers.

WoW is actually one of the more stable MMO's.

The final dragon invasion was pretty cool, at least cosmetically. They can't destroy cities as that would disrupt play too much. Although the Zombie invasion part was really cool/interesting in how it made people more involved. Pity it was so easy to grief with. It would be cool if they could add more cinematic events though I think.

Arthas reminds me more and more of Dr Claw.
Old 2008-11-12, 16:39   Link #1310
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The zombie invasion was way more fun then this event. Maybe if the undead were actually strong or if they attacked the entire city. I really wanted to see Orgrimmar burned to the ground.

Also I'm constantly annoyed by people talking about how they are going to get the first rogue on server achievement, etc. I mean that was removed months ago, Blizz even had a sticky saying they removed them.
They removed the titles but still kept it as a feat of strength. Of course, I really pity anyone who burns through the xpack just for that. At least people could see the title, almost nobody will know or care about the feat of strength.

On another note I guess I won't be catching up on first aid today since all my cloth disappeared with my mail and I am far too lazy to go farm more, even if it would take less than an hour.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 16:57   Link #1311
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post

Ugh I hated that zombie stuff x_X
Idea good. People who used it as a way to ruin the playing of everyone else, bad.

And turns out my local GameStop IS having a midnight opening. But if I go there I have to take the bus... Wait 30 minutes... Then walk about 2-3 miles home... In the rain

Yet... WRATH OF THE LICH KING WANT X_X

EDIT:
I wonder if Northrend will slaughter my FPS worse then Outlands. I usually get like 10~15 in Outlands. Or less like in the Ramparts.
Old 2008-11-12, 17:34   Link #1312
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
EDIT:
I wonder if Northrend will slaughter my FPS worse then Outlands. I usually get like 10~15 in Outlands. Or less like in the Ramparts.
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Blizz is doing a lot of tweaking in the eye-candy department, which resulted in much heavier system requirements.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PC System Requirements

OS: Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)

Processor:

Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+

Recommended: Dual-core processor, such as the Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2

Memory:

Minimum: 512 MB RAM (1GB for Vista users)

Recommended: 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Vista users)

Video:

Minimum: 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting with 32 MB VRAM
Such as an ATI Radeon 7200 or NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or better

Recommended: 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability with 128 MB VRAM
Such as an ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT class card or better

Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card or motherboard sound capability

Hard Drive: 15 GB free hard drive space

Comparing that to the Burning Crusade:

PC System Requirements

OS: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4) or Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Processor: Intel Pentium3 800MHz or AMD Athlon 800MHz

Memory:

Minimum: 512 MB RAM

Recommended: 1GB RAM

Video:

Minimum: 32MB 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as an NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or above

Recommended: 64MB VRAM 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability, such as an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 class card or above

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some ellements have grown, while others haven't. However, with all the tweaks and enhancements (most of which are optional or lowerable in the Video options) you can expect performance to drop. If you tweak the video options though, I'd say you will be OK. Just don't turn everything on Max.

The biggest killer is the 15 GB of hard-drive space needed to install the damn bugger.
Old 2008-11-12, 17:40   Link #1313
Komori
D:

Quote:
EDIT:
I'm guessing it will. The current graphic engine we're using is the one used in WotLK, but Northrend will no doubt have more effects not seen in Azeroth or Outland.

I'm hoping it'll work on my system at least. I get around 10 FPS in a raid setting with everything on low. >.<
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 18:28   Link #1314
Mr Hat and Clogs

>.<

Might be time to upgrade...

My computer is pretty close to top end (core2 3ghz, 4gig ram, 8800gtx), I get about 30-60 fps in Northrend, I get 30 fps in Shatt (and raids) in 3.0, I think 2.4 or whatever it was we were at I was getting about 50fps in Shatt. But I run a lot of mods, and a few are out of date, that and I run a lot of crap in the background and I have altered the graphic settings to be higher then whats available in the options menu.

I think I have a macro here you can use that will force the graphic settings lower then default so that might help you get some more fps.

Shadow's are fairly taxing, and there are a lot of new lighting effects and shaders and stuff, as well as the ice in places like Dragonblight and Icecrown. The instances are a lot more detailed A'N will definately rape some systems.

Spoiler for Graphic Engine Enhancements (from wotlk forum):

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2008-11-12 at 19:38.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 18:31   Link #1315
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

These midnight sales are quit interesting. (Well, they even gave it out quarter before midnight)
Police was there and scolded the drunken ones and I met a colluegue, a friend and my cousin.

Installing it now.
Ah! Go faster!! >.<

Well... lucky me I still have stuff to watch
Old 2008-11-12, 18:36   Link #1316
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki

DAMN YOU KYRAL!!!!!
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 18:42   Link #1317
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

anyone going to the Gamestop in Boynton Beach Florida next to Barnsand nobles?

I'm getting hte Collecters Edition
Old 2008-11-12, 19:02   Link #1318
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Mreh, I'm a bit tight on cash right now, so I don't think I'll be playing twice as much for a book. I mean, the other things are cool, but the only one of them that really interests me in the Collectors Edition is the artbook. The rest is... well, I'd convert the CD into MP3's anyway, I have no need for a mousepad, I'm avoiding the money-sink that is TGC at the moment and I couldn't care less about the Frost Wyrm pet.

That leaves the Behind the Scenes DVD and the artbook.

I'm pretty sure the Behind the Scenes will be downloadable too, which just leaves the artbook.

But I am going to buy the game, one way or another. :3
Old 2008-11-12, 19:23   Link #1319
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I had my copy reserved for ages, but no Collectors Edition were avaible for reserve. So I've got mine ready to get tomorrow.

And I managed to get that rare as Delicious Chocolate Cake recipe just in time!^^ Couple of friends raged at me big time for getting it. Kinda lucky, really. I've only been doing the cooking/fishing dailies for less than 2 weeks and I managed to get the Cake as well as the two fish recipes in the reward packs.
Old 2008-11-12, 19:28   Link #1320
Mr Hat and Clogs

I ordered a CE I need to go to the store today and make sure its there for me to pickup tomorrow when the game goes on sale here... unless I can convince my friend to give it to me early.

Added some graphic enhancement macro's to my post a bit further up, I forgot to hit submit when I edited it. they should help with those that want to improve their gameplay by tweaking the game rather then wasting money on more hardware.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows