AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-03-21, 06:00   Link #861
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
30fps? That's the absolute minimum framerate any game, let alone an action game should have. If their ambitions were as lofty as you say they were, they should be aiming for 60fps.
Let's put it out there; 60fps was the stupid overpromise of this generation in the way that native full HD 1080p was the stupid overpromise of last gen, and developers have already wised up to it by last year. A consistent 30fps seems the most that games are able to promise. If you look at the major titles from last holiday and coming this year, there are no examples of current-gen console games out or coming soon which emphasizes visuals and are still able to hit the 60fps goal (or even 1080p, for shame) bar genres with a reputation for it. (fighting and racing mainly) Downgrades stories were the hottest news, and everytime you hear something new about a game's graphics, it's almost never good news. Consoles are underpowered compared to their ambition, and thus we have to keep in mind that developers aren't saying they keep a game at 30fps because of the "cinematic feel"; it's because they rather take that extra power to squeeze out more eye candy. And you can bet SE knows where it stand on that scale. Their ambitions are lofty not in the sense that they want to hit a certain framerate and resolution, but is more to be the most visually impressive game there is. More polygons and better textures, more particles and greater effects, in addition to the utter scale of the world. In fact, if you just look at the history of action-rpgs, the industry does not have a 60fps standard for them, sad as it is to admit.

Heck if you weren't a PC player from the get-go, the 60/30fps shebang only started with the advent of this current gen, and the initial promises being made by the companies. Console-users had unquestioningly put up with sub-30fps, sub 720p rez on plenty of games during the last generation.

Yes, I'm ranting, but I feel that people need to consider the idea that 60fps just isn't going to be an achievable standard of this generation unless, as I've said, you're a PC player.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2015-03-21 at 06:32.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 07:08   Link #862
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

The standard all Console's FPS should be a constant 30fps, no dips no fps drops. in this day and age it's pretty unacceptable if a game doesn't even hold a constant 30fps.
Old 2015-03-21, 15:36   Link #863
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Let's put it out there; 60fps was the stupid overpromise of this generation in the way that native full HD 1080p was the stupid overpromise of last gen, and developers have already wised up to it by last year. A consistent 30fps seems the most that games are able to promise. If you look at the major titles from last holiday and coming this year, there are no examples of current-gen console games out or coming soon which emphasizes visuals and are still able to hit the 60fps goal (or even 1080p, for shame) bar genres with a reputation for it. (fighting and racing mainly) Downgrades stories were the hottest news, and everytime you hear something new about a game's graphics, it's almost never good news. Consoles are underpowered compared to their ambition, and thus we have to keep in mind that developers aren't saying they keep a game at 30fps because of the "cinematic feel"; it's because they rather take that extra power to squeeze out more eye candy. And you can bet SE knows where it stand on that scale. Their ambitions are lofty not in the sense that they want to hit a certain framerate and resolution, but is more to be the most visually impressive game there is. More polygons and better textures, more particles and greater effects, in addition to the utter scale of the world. In fact, if you just look at the history of action-rpgs, the industry does not have a 60fps standard for them, sad as it is to admit.

Heck if you weren't a PC player from the get-go, the 60/30fps shebang only started with the advent of this current gen, and the initial promises being made by the companies. Console-users had unquestioningly put up with sub-30fps, sub 720p rez on plenty of games during the last generation.

Yes, I'm ranting, but I feel that people need to consider the idea that 60fps just isn't going to be an achievable standard of this generation unless, as I've said, you're a PC player.
Fighting gamers have had 60 fps on arcades and consoles for ages. Super Smash Bros Melee was 60 fps and currently Super Smash Bros for Wii U is both HD and a consistent 60fps. Even ruling out Smash you had Guilty Gear and pretty much every relevant fighter out there.

On the action gaming side, Bayonetta 2 had 60 fps. While it was not consistent, it never dropped to 30 or below .

For action RPGs, Namco had Tales of Graces f and Vesperia PS3. Both were indeed a consistent 60 fps, unlike the Xillias which would drop to sub-30 quite often.

While I do agree FFXV is already going to be heavy on the resources and will probably not hit that 60 fps, the standard has existed for far longer than just this generation.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 09:19   Link #864
com_gwp

I understand that, and did mention it in my "rant".

Quote:
If you look at the major titles from last holiday and coming this year, there are no examples of current-gen console games out or coming soon which emphasizes visuals and are still able to hit the 60fps goal (or even 1080p, for shame) bar genres with a reputation for it. (fighting and racing mainly)
Action-styled and platformer games are a toss-up; you have just as many (actually more) operating at the 30 range as you have DMCs, Bayonettas and Ninja Gaidens operating at 60fps. I scarcely need to remind anyone what happened with DmC. And even then, it's really only a select group of developers and individuals that would insist upon it; the examples you brought up, Nintendo and Platinum, are part of the few that really emphasize the framerate of their games.

Plus you bring up the tales games, yet their latest works (Xillia - Zestiria, and even the symphonia HD games) shows that the 60fps standard isn't a priority to them, which the same with the majority of medium-large sized developers in the industry.

To bring this back to the context of FF, SE has never been one to bother about framerates; going back to the FFXIII trilogy, and even some of the PS2 FFs (XII) we witnessed some of the worst cases of inconsistent performance as a cost of visual quality, back when no one actually gave a toss about it and only cared about how good a game looked.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2015-03-22 at 09:39.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 14:58   Link #865
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Take it easy Noctis

Old 2015-03-22, 16:14   Link #866
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

HAhaha That last one XD oh god! -stitches sides back together-

He's like "Gross they are bigger than my GF's"
Old 2015-03-23, 05:59   Link #867
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Not really since the series cast sizes varies a lot.

And it doesn't every type though. Only Noctis and Prompto really qualify as "bishounen". Gladio, Ignis and Cor aren't unless you think Sabin, Locke, Edge or Auron are as well.
The 4 dudes are basically the standard archetype of many shoujo mangas/anime . While bishis are a standard of japanese entertainment, I think it's safe to say where FF 15 looked for inspiration.

As for the fps arguements, 60 fps is still a dream for many games and dev. While some genre lives and dies by it (fighting, driving and first person shooter), to others it barely makes any gameplay difference. I doubt SE and FF15 is targetting 60 fps considering their development history and the scope of FF15. Despite their continual effort in the franchise to make a more action paced RPG, FF15 is still a "slow" paced game where players are less reliant on quick response/action.

And let's not forget, 60 fps is doable on consoles with proper design and sacrifice. If Bayonetta 2 can do it on Wii U (easily the weakest spec of the current trio), anyone else can if they wanted to. It's just a matter of priority.
Old 2015-03-24, 16:59   Link #868
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
The 4 dudes are basically the standard archetype of many shoujo mangas/anime . While bishis are a standard of japanese entertainment, I think it's safe to say where FF 15 looked for inspiration.
Actually, Nomura's one of concepts of the cast stem Yakuza and films that dealt with brotherhood. In western equivalents think something like Godfather or Untouchables where the main cast was primarily male. There being only four guys is really doesn't mean anything because he could had 6, 8 or even 10, but it wouldn't change what Nomura's going for. So at best it's no more than coincidence.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 21:51   Link #869
shadow1296

well XV demo survey is now live for those interested
Old 2015-03-26, 22:01   Link #870
Iron Maw
Banned

Link for those who may have trouble finding it.

That said looks like I won't be using this myself since my internet decide it was a great time to cut me off just after I had entered my code. Since you can only enter it once, I can't take the survey. So... yeah I'm pretty much out of luck.
Old 2015-03-27, 15:07   Link #871
Zoel

So I bought FF Type 0 HD digitally, where it would automatically download the FF15 demo along with it. In this case how do I answer the survey?
Old 2015-03-27, 17:51   Link #872
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Can you beat that Behemoth without summoning that old man down with his lighting/thunder?
Old 2015-03-28, 21:00   Link #873
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Overgrinding can cause serious issues with Noctis. Take a look
Old 2015-03-29, 02:36   Link #874
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoel View Post
So I bought FF Type 0 HD digitally, where it would automatically download the FF15 demo along with it. In this case how do I answer the survey?
If you got it digitally you can't take the survey anyway apparently. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Can you beat that Behemoth without summoning that old man down with his lighting/thunder?
Yeah, it's gonna require leveling to atleats Lv 35 and a full set of Armiger equipment.
Old 2015-05-18, 12:00   Link #875
Chase

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae Ver. 2.0 Coming Early In June
Quote:
Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae demo will receive a Version 2.0 release in early June, Square Enix have announced. Ver. 2.0 is expected to introduce a number of improvements as development on the game progresses.

Square discussed feedback they had gathered from Final Fantasy enthusiasts about the Episode Duscae demo during a livestream last month. During the stream, director Hajime Tabata also touched upon improvements that they intended to include in version 2.0 of the demo, including tweaks to the battle system, camera, and more.

We’ll have more details on Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae Version 2.0 as they’re made available.
http://www.siliconera.com... early-in-june/
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 15:29   Link #876
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae Ver. 2.0 Coming Early In June

http://www.siliconera.com... early-in-june/
Better frame rate pls... i know it aint gonna happen but im just gonna put it out there

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 17:55   Link #877
Iron Maw
Banned

Your better off waiting for the retail release on that unfortunately. Optimization requires a lot of work that would be spent on the finished product.
Old 2015-05-18, 18:57   Link #878
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Your better off waiting for the retail release on that unfortunately. Optimization requires a lot of work that would be spent on the finished product.
well I know the chances of this game getting a solid 60 fps is pretty much slim to none and besides what I said in the previous was all just a wishful thinking... I understand that they'll need to downgrade the game's graphics quite a bit in order to get that much fps performance.

However, if they can maintain a solid 30 fps with that breathtaking quality then i'll take that over everything else.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-18, 19:35   Link #879
Iron Maw
Banned

Oh 1080p, 30fps is exactly what dev team is aiming for just... don't expect in the updated demo. That's all I'm saying.
Old 2015-05-19, 00:00   Link #880
Shadow5YA

I guess we're not going to see the full game until winter
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote