Old 2015-06-05, 02:09   Link #181
Iron Maw
Banned

Spoiler for More Ringabel:
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 01:02   Link #182
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finally finished the game, so my review(?) of sorts.

Kinda got tired after half-way, so I didn't bother on some characters that I didn't really have much to say.
I wonder how the English version is gonna do the Moon/English language...

Anyways, managed to finish the game before Fire Emblem... Just the extra dungeons, I guess.
Gotta say, never played For the Sequel (the English version uses this version), but it is so much harder to do 9999 now. Which is a good thing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 05:03   Link #183
Zoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Finally finished the game, so my review(?) of sorts.

Kinda got tired after half-way, so I didn't bother on some characters that I didn't really have much to say.
I wonder how the English version is gonna do the Moon/English language...

Anyways, managed to finish the game before Fire Emblem... Just the extra dungeons, I guess.
Gotta say, never played For the Sequel (the English version uses this version), but it is so much harder to do 9999 now. Which is a good thing.
The moon language is suppose to be french in the english version. As for other end game grinding, you can steal Unearthly Buns from the Upgrade Ba'al. It can make your character super OP if you are hard core farming. Some users farm it till their characters have 999 stats in everything, and can do a 999999 x4 with meteor.
Old 2016-01-28, 13:00   Link #184
Sides

People of Europe, check your emails. NoE, or maybe just Uk, just posted out codes for a special demo!
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-18, 16:47   Link #185
Ultragunner

Is the game coming out this month?

It's kinda weird that I haven't seen many promotion lately
Old 2016-02-18, 17:08   Link #186
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Is the game coming out this month?

It's kinda weird that I haven't seen many promotion lately
IIRC, it's to be released on the 26th of this month, next week.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 10:24   Link #187
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
IIRC, it's to be released on the 26th of this month, next week.
Really? Woah. Well then. I'll definitely buy it when it comes out.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 22:15   Link #188
Iron Maw
Banned

US demo live on E-Shop!
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 23:00   Link #189
Ultragunner

hm, I just noticed that Euroupe and Australia got the game nearly 1.5 month earlier than those in North Ameria

It's kinda a strange thing to see, since NA version of other games usually get released first
Old 2016-03-18, 19:50   Link #190
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
hm, I just noticed that Euroupe and Australia got the game nearly 1.5 month earlier than those in North Ameria

It's kinda a strange thing to see, since NA version of other games usually get released first
Is our version going to have any improvements...? I don't understand otherwise... if they've already translated it to English twice...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2016-03-21, 17:45   Link #191
MCAL

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-...#disqus_thread This is sort of ironic considering all the localization debates.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 22:14   Link #192
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The conclusion is that there will always been complaints no matter what you do, so get a thick skin if you are in a public position.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 13:44   Link #193
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
The conclusion is that companies can respond and care about player feedback, at least in Japan apparently.
Old 2016-04-17, 04:22   Link #194
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... has anyone gotten this game yet?

I'm thinking of getting it but here's the problem: Due to the repetitive tedium of the game's second half, I never managed (or more correctly bothered) to finish Default. Now I heard that Second has an introductory video that summarized the first game, however as someone who stopped just a little beyond the halfway point, is the game receptive for those who haven't finished the first?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 02:10   Link #195
Ultragunner

I actually beat the game a few weeks ago haha (gud thing that I'm in Australia )

To answer your question without any major spoiler, the intro of Bravely Second does recite the true ending of Bravely Default, but it's pretty straight forward and easy to understand (especially if you already know the "big twist" of Bravely Default), so I would say that Bravely Second cam be played without having finished the first game
Old 2016-05-04, 01:06   Link #196
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Finally bought this. I'm playing the US version. This is a very good game. In many ways this is a lot better than the first game. There are some differences that make it feel different from the first one... like some of the humor, but I rather like it.

It's funny how it sort of leans on the fourth wall now and then.

Still... some of these lines...

Magnolia: "--and it's time to bust some Ba'als!" ... ... ...

Lol, this is a fun game. So far, I have high expectations for this game.

The only thing currently bothering me is
Spoiler for within first five hours of gameplay:

I can't wait to play more of this.

Old 2016-05-12, 22:38   Link #197
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm really enjoying this game. I haven't finished it yet, but my only real complaint is that you can't get all the jobs in your first playthrough of the game. I haven't gotten all the jobs yet, but I'm sure I'll find really broken ability combos soon enough...
Old 2016-06-02, 07:23   Link #198
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Finished both Bravely Default and Bravely Second. Man, what a blast. This series has become one of my most favorite now.

As for Magnolia...

Spoiler for Heavy Spoilers:

Can't wait for details on this game.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-05, 00:53   Link #199
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I'm really enjoying this game. I haven't finished it yet, but my only real complaint is that you can't get all the jobs in your first playthrough of the game. I haven't gotten all the jobs yet, but I'm sure I'll find really broken ability combos soon enough...
I was the same , but All I can say without spoiler is that the annoying "choosing between two jobs" will not be as bad as it sounds

Not much of a complaint, but it's kinda disappointing that all the jobs have been "nerfed", we don't have as many abilities per job as we have in Bravely Default.

Sure we have more job in Bravely second (30 vs 24), but I hate it whe they do this.

A prime example of "scaling down" the game is Final Fantasy XIII-2 vs XIII, they outright remove any water spells/attacks and Haste is NOT usable