AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-04-23, 07:14   Link #21
patnam

man, there need some requirements to watch it, so complicated..
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 08:59   Link #22
DieH@rd

I just saw it and its much much better than the original! They added 30mins, and almost all of that time went to set the story right. There is no more crazy plotholes, everything is well put, you always knows what's going on, event that 2 turks are OK now. Battle between Sephiroth and Cloud is redone toward the end, Cloud got owned big time.

Anyways, great job Square you managed to salvage AC in my eyes.

DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 20:56   Link #23
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
I agree that this movie is much more enjoyable than that of the first original FF The Spirits Within movie
ahh that film bombed so much for me, I don't consider it a part of the FF verse-__-

bought AC on DVD first day it was released, now I gotta wait for this....thank god I got my PS3
Old 2009-04-25, 22:43   Link #24
Vicious108

I watched this a few days ago and was rather impressed. My opinion of the original Advent Children was of a mindless pure fanservice fest that was worth it for the pretty visuals and nonsensical yet fun fights.

But with this remake, they made the movie a lot more solid plot-wise. The whole thing just flows better and has much more cohesiveness. Some changes I particularly enjoyed:

Spoiler:

And of course the new scenes looked gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
EDIT: Forgot spoiler tags... (just in case).
I know the original movie is already licensed, but just to be on the safe side, please use spoiler tags in this thread until a this version of the movie has been subbed.
And uh about this, the Japanese release of the movie comes with the English dub. >_>
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 12:24   Link #25
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
And uh about this, the Japanese release of the movie comes with the English dub. >_>
My bad, I didn't know that. I watched the download
Now I need to buy it so I can watch it in its full glory.

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 17:12   Link #26
Vicious108

Yeah. Though I still hope someone does release it with English subtitles, because I kinda prefer the original cast. Though the English dub is still pretty good. Though it was clear that some of the actors had forgotten how their voice should be for their role, due to how long how it's been since the original Advent Children.
Old 2009-04-26, 18:14   Link #27
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Though I still hope someone does release it with English subtitles, because I kinda prefer the original cast.
THORA has released one.

禁則事項です
Old 2009-04-26, 18:26   Link #28
Vicious108

Oh cool, thanks.

Man that's one big release though... wonder if my computer will even be able to run it properly.
Old 2009-04-27, 06:04   Link #29
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Saw it yesterday. Wow, wasn't expecting that. It's actually pretty good, specially if you saw the first movie, cause this version is ACTUALLY a movie, not just a bunch of fanservice fights.

There's a lot of remade scenes. The majority of the movie was remade. It's easier to pick the original scenes. I like the fact that Kadaj's gang got a little more development, besides the "show and fight" part, Yazoo got lines! Liked the Denzel plot too, finally we know WHY he's with Cloud and Tifa, after all. Also, the geostigma looks like a REAL disease.

The english dub was pretty cool and the quality of the blu ray is unbelievable.

And that's it. The movie is damn better than the first one, everything is better, the fights were remade, the story is not bull crap(they make seem Kadaj even got a PLAN besides showing up and fighting) and Cloud whinying has its reasons, so i like it pretty much and i think that every fan of the game should see.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 07:13   Link #30
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
There's a lot of remade scenes. The majority of the movie was remade. It's easier to pick the original scenes. I like the fact that Kadaj's gang got a little more development, besides the "show and fight" part, Yazoo got lines! Liked the Denzel plot too, finally we know WHY he's with Cloud and Tifa, after all. Also, the geostigma looks like a REAL disease.
Yeah that was probably my favorite thing about Complete. The scenes with Denzel and the girl with moogle doll were very moving and really showed just how cruel the reality of those infected with Geostigma was. Which in turn also makes Cloud's self-isolation more tolerable and understandable.
Old 2009-04-27, 13:03   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Has anyone watched the Denzel OVA yet? Just wonder if we should talk about it here, or make a new thread for it.
Old 2009-04-27, 19:45   Link #32
Vicious108

I doubt there's a need for that, unlike Zack and Last Order, I don't think people really care all that much about Denzel. No offense to those that do, heh.

But yeah I've seen some screenshots and it does look good at least, pretty much the same quality of animation as Last Order. Just wish they had picked another character to focus it on. An OVA about the Turks for example would be pretty nice.
Old 2009-04-27, 21:27   Link #33
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

What ever happened to Cissnei? Doesn't tell you in the game. I was hoping that this being post Crisis Core movie, would at least give her a cameo.
oh well...

禁則事項です
Old 2009-04-27, 21:32   Link #34
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

You're right. We can't say that it was for the sake of the original story, cause they changed so much that it was an almost different movie. In the end, Crisis Core's only achievement in the show was to give an insightful view of Cloud's relationship with Zack at the time of Advent Children.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 15:57   Link #35
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just wonder if we should talk about it here, or make a new thread for it.
Yeah probably not big enough to start a new thread. Too bad we dont have an entire section for Final Fantasy yet tho, then maybe we can have several character apreciation threads. I cannot wait to play Versus XIII now, since watching this I've been checking out trailers of the games. It's gorgeous. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 07:13   Link #36
SilentTweak

Anyone noticed how half the movie was full up upscale scenes? They were actually rendered in 1080p. Only the new scenes were. That really got to me. I can't believe Square Enix got so lazy. You'll notice it most in Kadaj's hair; it's like alias to hell and back.
SilentTweak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 06:17   Link #37
deejay220989

Hey guys,

Spoiler for FFACC:

Any ideas?
deejay220989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 13:13   Link #38
Vicious108

Were you drunk when you watched it?

But yeah, didn't notice that. So no idea.
Old 2009-05-04, 17:59   Link #39
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay220989 View Post
Hey guys,

Spoiler for FFACC:

Any ideas?
I just assumed it split in two while in mid-air.

禁則事項です
Old 2009-05-04, 21:03   Link #40
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I'm such a wuss I still teared up every time Aerith appeared...

Was nice to rewatch it again though especially with all they added...I was expecting a small amount of content to justify trying to resell this again and nothing more...Glad I was wrong.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction