AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-30, 07:39   Link #821
eggplant
Eggplant

I just came back from the GONZO Festa Fall '06.

At the end of the show, they aired a sneak preview of William Shakespeare's Romeo x Juliet yes, ← is the official title.

Release date: 2007
Release format: n/a
Animation studio: Gonzo

The trailer looked pretty good (coming from Gonzo), but since they announced the title at the very end of the clip, until then I was thinking it was something like Chevalier, therefore the words Romeo and Juliet definitely took me off-guard.

First Les Misérables then now Romeo x Juliet? The studios are seriously starting to cater to the fangirls.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 07:49   Link #822
crystar
*yawns*

Romeo and Juliet anime? O___O Woah... I'd prefer one on Hamlet or Othello though.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 08:22   Link #823
Rion
Ramune~

Romeo and Juliet? Oh my... why is always Gonzo getting the interesting stories? >.< Hopefully they'll do it a bit better this time.
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 09:43   Link #824
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rion
Romeo and Juliet? Oh my... why is always Gonzo getting the interesting stories? >.< Hopefully they'll do it a bit better this time.
Ah, forgot to mention...the sound director is Satou Junichi. That alone speaks of quality.

Old 2006-09-30, 12:59   Link #825
domino
デレデレ

Shakespeare + Anime + Gonzo?! Interesting... well, if it's even HALF as good as the amazing Gankutsuou, I will definately watch.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 19:54   Link #826
NeoSam

A site for AyuMayu Theater (あゆまゆ劇場) has opened:

http://www.ayumayu.net/
Old 2006-09-30, 20:07   Link #827
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
A site for AyuMayu Theater (あゆまゆ劇場) has opened:

http://www.ayumayu.net/
The first episode was so dopey. LOL

But... now we know the reason why Haruka got hit by that car. Now we know whom to lynch for all of the melodrama of KimiNozo. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 21:42   Link #828
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
I just came back from the GONZO Festa Fall '06.

At the end of the show, they aired a sneak preview of William Shakespeare's Romeo x Juliet yes, ← is the official title.

Release date: 2007
Release format: n/a
Animation studio: Gonzo

The trailer looked pretty good (coming from Gonzo), but since they announced the title at the very end of the clip, until then I was thinking it was something like Chevalier, therefore the words Romeo and Juliet definitely took me off-guard.

First Les Misérables then now Romeo x Juliet? The studios are seriously starting to cater to the fangirls.
ZOOMG! Interesting... But did they mention the director? That'll make a big difference. If it's Mahiro Maeda then I'm so obviously going to watch it - even if it's melodramatic, if it's as enjoyable and fun as Gankutsuou then bring it on

I wonder if there has been an increase in female anime fans... Maybe it's all unconnected but first there's that trend in the doroku timeslot to appeal to female fans (after FMA and Seed's success with them) and then Noitanima and things like Lelouch and now this? Hm.
Old 2006-09-30, 22:10   Link #829
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Romeo and Juliet seems problematic to me. If you stick to the play, it'll be really short... but if you don't, it'll just be another Romeo and Juliet knockoff, which is a pretty low run to be hanging from.
Old 2006-09-30, 23:36   Link #830
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
ZOOMG! Interesting... But did they mention the director? That'll make a big difference. If it's Mahiro Maeda then I'm so obviously going to watch it - even if it's melodramatic, if it's as enjoyable and fun as Gankutsuou then bring it on
eggplant said Junichi Satou is directing it. I wonder if Hal Film Maker will be involved in this as well.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 23:49   Link #831
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Any idea who's the visual advisor/coordinator/director or even the art director of Romeo x Juliet? As much as I'm interested in this particular production as with everyone else, I'm very wary how it turns out, visually.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 00:39   Link #832
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao

I wonder if there has been an increase in female anime fans... Maybe it's all unconnected but first there's that trend in the doroku timeslot to appeal to female fans (after FMA and Seed's success with them) and then Noitanima and things like Lelouch and now this? Hm.
Director: Oizaki Fumitoshi (Kaleido Star series, originally a key animator)
Series Composition: Yoshida Reiko (Kaleido Star, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Canvas2, ARIA, REC, Shinigami no Ballad, Saiunkoku Monogatari)
Sound Director: Satou Junichi (Ojamajo Doremi, Princess Tutu, Keroro Gunsou, Fushigiboshi no Futagohime, ARIA)

Old 2006-10-01, 00:59   Link #833
wao
OK.

Thanks so much for the information.

Wow! Fumitoshi Oizaki is becoming a director now, huh... He's done the animation character designs for Keroro Gunsou and is responsible for the hilarious ED animation of NHK ni Youkoso. Well, I don't know how he is as a director but it'll be interesting to see.
And is that Satojun's first time doing official sound directing? Reminds me of Tomomi Mochizuki recently doing the same for er... a recent show which I forgot the name of. Good acting would be key to making the show work so it's nice to see they're putting in effort.

Thanks again for the info. Hm, I wonder how they'll pull it off. Anime is prone to melodramatics but whether you easily notice it or not is up to the director's skill.
Old 2006-10-01, 01:13   Link #834
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Interesting.

Oizaki... I'm not very sure how he'll fit in properly in a directing role, but given his accomplishments in the various sectors of visual animation, if he can maintain the same flair in his work on the same level as the visual direction of Kaleido Star, I highly doubt there'll be any problem in the unnarrative visual storytelling sector.

Yoshida Reiko doing series composition is always a plus in my book. Her method of story composing in it's pace-by-pace story-telling had always allowed for quality time and pacing for proper story development, minus the ending of Canvas2, that is.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 22:10   Link #835
kauldron26
Med Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystar
Romeo and Juliet anime? O___O Woah... I'd prefer one on Hamlet or Othello though.

On Othello?? shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, they'd never do that.... i am yet to see an anime that portrays us brothas in a good light. Although so far we have Yoruichi from Bleach and Dutch from Black Lagoon are the only black anime characters that i can think of that are cool as hell and are main characters.

Anime has never exactly been a kind medium in portrayals of us black folk. But i love the medium anyways.

After seeing how amazing of a masterpiece Gankutsuou was, i am all for les miserable and romeo and juliet.
If Gankutsuou could be great enough to shatter into my top 10, i am all for it...
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 10:01   Link #836
NeoSam

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
Saiyuki Reload: Burial Site
A website for the new OVA Saiyuki Reload: Burial will open soon at saiyuki-ova.net.
Old 2006-10-04, 02:37   Link #837
NeoSam

An official site for Souten no Ken anime has opened:

http://www.souten.tv/
Old 2006-10-07, 18:22   Link #838
NeoSam

From Anime News Service:

Quote:
More Western Fantasy Gets Anime Adaptation
Piers Anthony, writer of the Xanth series, mentioned at the end of this newsletter that his Split Infinity novels will be getting an anime adaptation. More information on the series can be found at wikipedia. Thanks to Daniel Zelter for the news.
Old 2006-10-07, 22:11   Link #839
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'd die with laughter and with expectation if someone decided to make an anime adaptation out of A Farewell to Arms or The Sound and the Fury (LOL), or better yet any of Kawabata's works. Piers Anthony!?!? Meh.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 22:40   Link #840
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I'd die with laughter and with expectation if someone decided to make an anime adaptation out of A Farewell to Arms or The Sound and the Fury (LOL), or better yet any of Kawabata's works. Piers Anthony!?!? Meh.
I demand an 美しさと哀しみと anime movie adaptation right now, haha! Actually, I bet that wouldn't go over badly. The Kiminozu crowd would probably like all the drama/misery, right?
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers