AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-02-21, 16:21   Link #2641
solomon

That could help, with the atmoshphere and all.

Me, I prefer the comfort of my own home (plus I'm not into the fleecing that owners give the fans these days).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 16:23   Link #2642
Rag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Then you should start buying season tickets for your favorite team unless you can't find a good team to bandwagon along of the way.
Now that you mentioned it, I don't I've ever gone to a live match before. Meh, I'll wait for the next big game and hopefully get front row seats or something.
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 06:50   Link #2643
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Today is the NFL Combine in Indianapolis and were six days until Lockout begins for the NFL. This will affect personnel, players and coaches, they are not speak with each other this will lead until fines and possibly suspension. The next couple of weeks will be hell unleashed for American Football until there's hope for an agreement

NFL Combine's Website
http://www.nflcombine.net/

NFL Players Invite
http://www.nflcombine.net/players/official-invite-list

NFL Player Schedule
http://www.nflcombine.net/players/schedule

PS: Will be a protest as well just FYI!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 10:29   Link #2644
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

That's fine by me. Football needs to go sit down for a few months anyway so we can pay attention to things that matter like March Madness and Opening Day. I find it hard to get involved in labor disputes between billionaire owners and millionaire players.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 11:06   Link #2645
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
That's fine by me. Football needs to go sit down for a few months anyway so we can pay attention to things that matter like March Madness and Opening Day. I find it hard to get involved in labor disputes between billionaire owners and millionaire players.
There's a little saying you have to be one step smarter and another step wiser. Not just we should get involved in this situation but just to keep in touch barely. We do have the NFL Draft coming up soon, a pivotal event. I'm not doing this every friggin day on NFL news only when it's Breaking News.

Anticipating March Madness and was wondering Anime Suki can have it's NCAA Tournament Bracket pool this year.
Old 2011-03-09, 14:14   Link #2646
Highman

Yesterday CFB world: Ohio State is getting shafted really hard

http://detnews.com/article/20110308/...395/1409/rss36

Associated Press

Columbus, Ohio — Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel received an e-mail last April telling him that two of his players were caught up in a federal drug-trafficking case and the sale of memorabilia, breaking NCAA rules.

Tressel responded: "I will get on it ASAP."

But he never mentioned it to Ohio State's compliance department or his athletic director for more than nine months.

On Tuesday, Tressel was suspended for the first two games of the 2011 season and fined $250,000 for violating NCAA rules by failing to notify the school about the players' involvement. He also will receive a public reprimand and must make a public apology.

The NCAA is still investigating and could reject Ohio State's self-imposed penalties and add more sanctions.

"Obviously I'm disappointed that this happened at all," Tressel said. "I take my responsibility for what we do at Ohio State tremendously seriously and for the game of football. I plan to grow from this. I'm sincerely saddened by the fact that I let some people down and didn't do things as well as I possibly could have."

Last December, the NCAA suspended quarterback Terrelle Pryor and four teammates for the first five games on the 2011 season for selling jerseys, championship rings and trophies to a local tattoo parlor owner. The suspensions came just 16 days after the U.S. attorney told the school of a federal investigation that included players.
Old 2011-03-12, 01:15   Link #2647
Samari
World's Greatest

Well there goes the 2011 season.

Quote:
The NFL can no longer say its has the longest streak of labor peace among major American professional sports.

For the first time in 24 years, the league is experiencing a work stoppage.

In response to the NFL Players Association's decertification and its refusal to accept a compromise in negotiations, the owners have locked out the players, according to a report by the league-owned NFL Network and several other outlets.

There has yet to be a statement on the issue from the league.
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ockout_of.html

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 15:52   Link #2648
Nosauz

I mean really? What did you expect? The owners wanted more money (1 billion dollars maybe 2 depending on how you view the credit) and they wanted the 18 game season, there is no way you can bridge 18 games without giving the players more money. In the end if football strikes at the what is currently it's peak, this could be devastating to the brand, and the future of the league, I mean just take a look at Hockey, it has never been the same since the strike, and has no cemented its self into pretty much obscurity in the American media minds eye. Although one thing good might blossom from this, this might make Stern think twice from locking out the NBA PA too, this would be one of the best times to attack the NFL and move ahead in sports pie chart division.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 15:14   Link #2649
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
NFL asks judge to keep TV contract-case info sealed

MINNEAPOLIS -- The NFL asked a federal judge Wednesday to deny the players' union's bid to release details in a $4 billion TV revenue dispute, saying information should be kept confidential because it is commercially sensitive.

U.S. District Court Judge David Doty two weeks ago ruled -- rejecting a special master's previous decision -- that the NFL illegally secured the money from TV contracts for 2011, money the players contend was arranged to fund a lockout.

The union requested a week ago that all exhibits, testimony and transcripts be unsealed.

The league filed its response and included redacted versions of exhibits cited in Doty's decision totaling more than 800 pages. Much of the information was blacked out to protect information the NFL considers sensitive, harmful to future negotiations if revealed and damaging to business relations.

"Unsealing these documents would reveal to entities with whom we have, may have, or seek to have commercial relationships our internal thought processes relating to television programming and digital rights," Brian Rolapp, chief operating officer for NFL Media, wrote in his declaration of support filed with the league's request.

League lawyers argue that the court's previous denial of local media's request to unseal all the documents should apply to the union's request as well to satisfy the public's right to know and to provide context that "will be the basis for rulings to come."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Hmm, could the league be hiding something? Yes. Most likely. It is a business. Yet, it seems: this sort of secrecy is getting in the way of the negotiations.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 15:38   Link #2650
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I mean really? What did you expect? The owners wanted more money (1 billion dollars maybe 2 depending on how you view the credit) and they wanted the 18 game season, there is no way you can bridge 18 games without giving the players more money. In the end if football strikes at the what is currently it's peak, this could be devastating to the brand, and the future of the league, I mean just take a look at Hockey, it has never been the same since the strike, and has no cemented its self into pretty much obscurity in the American media minds eye. Although one thing good might blossom from this, this might make Stern think twice from locking out the NBA PA too, this would be one of the best times to attack the NFL and move ahead in sports pie chart division.
NFL is to Dragonball as Hockey is to K-On. One is watched by everyone and his dog, the other watched by a small cardre of hardcore fans.

NFL will be fine because it's SO BIG. It may take a hit but it won't take the same loss of MLB (demos is too old on average) and Hockey (small amount of fans proportionally).
Old 2011-05-30, 10:19   Link #2651
Highman

Breaking news on memorial day

Anyone kept in touch regarding Ohio State we'll this where the breaking point reaches to:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110530/...ressel_resigns

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Jim Tressel, who guided Ohio State to its first national title in 34 years, resigned Monday amid NCAA violations and mounting revelations that sullied the image of one of the country's top football programs.

"After meeting with university officials, we agreed that it is in the best interest of Ohio State that I resign as head football coach," Tressel said in a statement released by the university. "The appreciation that (wife) Ellen and I have for the Buckeye Nation is immeasurable."

Really how does this feel as Ohioan native to you and the whole college football landscape
Old 2011-05-30, 13:54   Link #2652
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I have an extra job working at Gillette Stadium, and the whole staff is convinced the lockout will be averted. Perhaps that's just optimism talking, but I can't help but agree. The economic implications are more far reaching than one might imagine, from food, lodging, and associated merchandise right down to the actual cost of tickets and cable TV packages.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 14:37   Link #2653
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Anyone kept in touch regarding Ohio State we'll this where the breaking point reaches to:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110530/...ressel_resigns

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Jim Tressel, who guided Ohio State to its first national title in 34 years, resigned Monday amid NCAA violations and mounting revelations that sullied the image of one of the country's top football programs.

"After meeting with university officials, we agreed that it is in the best interest of Ohio State that I resign as head football coach," Tressel said in a statement released by the university. "The appreciation that (wife) Ellen and I have for the Buckeye Nation is immeasurable."

Really how does this feel as Ohioan native to you and the whole college football landscape
I was wondering if this would happen, ever since the allegations broke out press people got nosey and it has ballooned out of control. Ray Small speaking was icing on the cake.

Oh well, I credit OSU for taking any lingering negative press off of UNC.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 16:09   Link #2654
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I was wondering if this would happen, ever since the allegations broke out press people got nosey and it has ballooned out of control. Ray Small speaking was icing on the cake.

Oh well, I credit OSU for taking any lingering negative press off of UNC.
How do you believe NCAA is making an example out of this seems just to narrow and foolish. Tressel shouldn't resigned despite all of this it just bad discipline in his tenure.

Did you thought about Auburn taking negative presses off and the whole SEC ?
Old 2011-05-30, 16:10   Link #2655
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I have an extra job working at Gillette Stadium, and the whole staff is convinced the lockout will be averted. Perhaps that's just optimism talking, but I can't help but agree. The economic implications are more far reaching than one might imagine, from food, lodging, and associated merchandise right down to the actual cost of tickets and cable TV packages.
If it's making through August then god help us all
Old 2011-05-30, 16:22   Link #2656
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
There is a God.

Now, whether OSU falls into oblivion or recovers in a year or two HEAVILY depends on what the NCAA does. If the NCAA pulls up because Tressel resigned, OSU will recover very quickly. They might even improve if a new coach takes the engine governor off of the offense. I know OSU fans HATED Tressel-Ball at times. But if the NCAA still swings for the fences on OSU, they could ruin the program for a while... and I would be so, so, so happy.

I just have to hope that OSU has an awful season. I need PSU to beat OSU twice in a row, starting this season, to pull a .500 record against OSU in my 7th and 8th years at PSU.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 16:28   Link #2657
Highman

There is a God

Spoiler for OH!:
Old 2011-05-30, 18:46   Link #2658
Highman

Looks like fire become spreading into Armageddon

Pryor involved now can we say death penalty or NCAA will save'em again getting through life

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...igation-053011
Old 2011-05-30, 20:58   Link #2659
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The dreaded SI article was kind of a let-down.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a2

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 21:19   Link #2660
solomon

Make no mistake about it,

The Bucks season is shot. Anyone who says otherwise is a hardcore homer.

It's Sparty's to loose.

Tags
american football, sports