4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 5.87%
Voters: 460. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-07, 12:12   Link #1081
metronome
Mad Loli

hmm, seems like after this episode, the story will be geared heavily towards the geass fight.

wonder what villetta gonna do by calling ohgi tho? telling ohgi that lelouch is zero?.
and what the hell happened to kallen??
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 12:14   Link #1082
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I'd say that it likely won't trigger because as we have seen, the live geass is triggered when Suzaku is perceiving himself to be in danger of death or having doubts of living. Since Rolo stops his perception of time, he will not realise he is in danger and so the live command will likely not activate.
That's right. Geass gives the command directly to brain, if there is freeze of time, brain freezes as well.

Btw, re-watching the epi, totally LOL with Cornelia's fast "get that knife on your head" movement. XDD
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 12:15   Link #1083
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I'd say that it likely won't trigger because as we have seen, the live geass is triggered when Suzaku is perceiving himself to be in danger of death or having doubts of living. Since Rolo stops his perception of time, he will not realise he is in danger and so the live command will likely not activate.
I agree that it seems to require Suzaku realizing he's in danger, but if he sees Rolo, Shirley with a gun, and hears Rolo say his clincher to activate the Geass, he'd have plenty of reason to doubt his safety, triggering his Live Geass the moment Rolo's Geass makes Suzaku unable to defend himself from foreseeable danger.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 12:27   Link #1084
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
and what the hell happened to kallen??
Well, Kallen is judging by the extended preview for episode 14 kept in a high-security prison for now - under better treatment than a prisoner usually gets by the looks of it but still kept under strict security conditions.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 12:38   Link #1085
strategos

With this episodes might show that it will focus more now on the knights and less on the school. Almost everyone from the school that was close to Lelouch is either dead or gone. Only left one guy, his best friend and the 2 of the knights.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 12:47   Link #1086
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
With this episodes might show that it will focus more now on the knights and less on the school. Almost everyone from the school that was close to Lelouch is either dead or gone. Only left one guy, his best friend and the 2 of the knights.
The one guy is unimportant, his "best friend" is now his worst enemy, his "other best friend" is a likely psycho. Ironically, with the OP, the 2 knights are going to be allies... but that still means he no longer have any firm ties to the school anymore.
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 12:48   Link #1087
RedWing

So is V.V actually charles' brother? Cus gg said it was just to emphasise the age of the two but V.V says he is Cornelia's uncle. And since Geass is the power of Kings, then....
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 12:51   Link #1088
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
not just Cornelia's uncle
lulu and nanali's uncle as well
Old 2008-07-07, 13:19   Link #1089
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
forgive my misspelling and my bad grammar. i m not a native english speacker, i learn english by myself 15+years ago using my knowledge of latin to work the etymologie of words and figured the rest by myself, you could argue that by now i should speack english with more ease but i unfortunatly lack time to devote to it. therefore building a proper argumentation is a lot harder than if i was using my mothertongue as i m lacking the vocabulary the gramatical structure etc etc.
i dont think it was really hard to understand my post since from what i saw a lot of people understood it but you seemed to just stop on my poor grammar and jumped to conclusion.

poor direction = too much time wasted on useless stuff, who cares about a whole eps of hat hunting when there was 3 maybe 5 min in the whole eps plotworthy. this leads to a rushed eps where they tried to pack too much stuff in it : jeremiah's 180°turn, shirley's death, trying to make lelouch x suzaku interaction start again, trying to deal with the subject of forgiveness. i wont comment on the completely incoherent behavior of the 3 protagonist after shirley almost falling to her death.
shirley's murder being left out of screen gives room for sunrise to pull a :
rollo :" i tried to save her from a third party who was monitoring jeremiah" or a
rollo :" she should never have mentioned nunally as i m your only siblin lelouch"
i m pretty sure sunrise doesnt even know yet how they ll deal with who is the murdered and how he will be dealth with (sorry that is totally partial but i had a lot of negative experience with sunrise).
shirley's death can be justified as it could make lelouch reflect on her speack about forgiveness and make change his mindset reguarding his actions & vengeance, but the circumstance that lead to her death were for a lack of other words dumb, the author were just trying to put her into this situation using everypossible mean.

i m not sure my argumentation will sound better to you since this time i wrote this post from work typing 1 or 2 sentences every 5 min when i had a little downtime :/.
So in other words there's nothing wrong with the direction, you just don't like the course of the story or that Shirley's murder still has a mystery surrounding it. Namely the culprit. That's not normally what I would expect from a reason for poor direction and it's not exactly conclusive beyond just speculation that somebody isn't doing their job or hasn't finished writing a storyline yet. Poor direction is more along the lines of something like not giving the actors the proper context for their scenes so that there acting is off (and not correcting it either), approving a script that does not match up with something that happened earlier (plot hole), allowing the characters to behave out of character or an important detail to be ignored, improper or awkward scene flow, something like that.

These are the kinds of things Michael Bay for example has been criticized for as a director. The only one I could see Taniguchi as slightly guilty of is the awkward scene flow one, but that's mostly become such a staple of the series that I think it is a style by this point.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 13:29   Link #1090
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The "Live" command is all about him consciously knowing he's in danger. If he is locked into that geass he's not going to know he's in danger and its not going to activate. Anyways I doubt that the command could override Rolo's ability anyways.

I really wonder how stupid those officers were. If anything happened to Shirley who the Knight of Seven commanded you to protect your toast. Why the heck didn't they chase after her? Just give up thinking "oh well that's that." Those guys are so fired its not even funny. Hardly a punishment though, when Shirley ended up dying.
Not to mention their inability to catch up to some high-school girl.

Good job, guys.
Old 2008-07-07, 13:31   Link #1091
meris

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
That's right. Geass gives the command directly to brain, if there is freeze of time, brain freezes as well.

Btw, re-watching the epi, totally LOL with Cornelia's fast "get that knife on your head" movement. XDD
Yes but remember Jeremiah was "Frozen" as well and he still was able to use his Geass Canceller. You could argue that it requires him to realize hes under a geass to active it, its the same with Suzakus command.

Also, Rolo's Geass doesnt "freeze" time, it freezes their perception of time, so the brain is still working.
meris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 13:36   Link #1092
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meris View Post
Yes but remember Jeremiah was "Frozen" as well and he still was able to use his Geass Canceller. You could argue that it requires him to realize hes under a geass to active it, its the same with Suzakus command.

Also, Rolo's Geass doesnt "freeze" time, it freezes their perception of time, so the brain is still working.
Jeremia's canceller is like a special one, i don't think Suzaku would be able to "break" Rolo's geass easily.

The commanders must have taken their sweet time cause OMFG Shirley is so hard to catch with her marathon speed.
{i think the only reason they had the officers there is for Suzaku to feel more guilty for trusting her to people that were unable to do anything.}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 13:38   Link #1093
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Not to mention their inability to catch up to some high-school girl.

Good job, guys.
Yeah honestly how the heck to they not have the physical ability to catch up to her? Should have lost their jobs long ago anyways. Either can't catch up to a student running away or decided not to chase after her. Which the second action is a direct breach of orders from someone way above you.

Orange's geass canceller can definitely be triggered by will, but is there anything to state that when he is under a geass it doesn't activate automatically? Lot of things are guesswork unless we actually see them happen. Have seen Suzaku frozen, but after the live geass has activated. But I'm going to assume (which can be dangerous) that he'd be locked in place like anyone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
The commanders must have taken their sweet time cause OMFG Shirley is so hard to catch with her marathon speed.
{i think the only reason they had the officers there is for Suzaku to feel more guilty for trusting her to people that were unable to do anything.}
Probably for that reason, but also Shirley wouldn't have been in danger if they hadn't been there. If no one was around to protect Shirley he would have kept her close and outside of the danger zone. Even her speed that apparently is greatly above normal adults , wouldn't get ahead of Suzaku.
Old 2008-07-07, 13:57   Link #1094
RedWing

Remeber Orange is mechanical so it is possible that he has it automated to use the canceller if the geass is used against him. This would be necessary incase Lelouch was to try and send a command.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 14:03   Link #1095
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It really depends on how Rolo's geass works. It's not like its victims close their eyes, so it's possible that, on some level, they're aware of what's happening. It might be enough to trigger the "live" geass. It might not. (And heck, inconsistency in Rolo's geass wouldn't be a first anyway.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 14:06   Link #1096
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Remeber Orange is mechanical so it is possible that he has it automated to use the canceller if the geass is used against him. This would be necessary incase Lelouch was to try and send a command.
like a feedback control system, trust me im studying mechanical engineering, i know
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 14:22   Link #1097
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

WHY SHIRLEY!!!?? WHY GOD!!!?

her death was done better than Euphie's IMO. it makes me so sad, you have no idea.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 14:54   Link #1098
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post

her death was done better than Euphie's IMO. it makes me so sad, you have no idea.
/agree +1000

Never thought Shirley would bite the dust =(
Old 2008-07-07, 14:57   Link #1099
amjzz

I begin to think that there will be a 3rd season for code geass...i mean its episode 13 and nothing important has happened yet.

Now with orange-kun on lelouch side the order of the black knights might know where the organization that studies the geass is located but still many things left...
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 15:13   Link #1100
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post

It's time to make a hate club for Rolo that dude is just a live wire seeing that lelouch could've used shirley.
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote