Preliminary Killzone 2 Sales - over 750,000 sold
Old 2009-03-03, 23:29   Link #1742
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Got my RE5 today.Both regular and LE Asia release

Back of LE

Contents

Game inside LE is just your regular Ed.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2009-03-03 at 23:58.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 01:07   Link #1743
Jays

That's the Asian LE? Something about the subtlety and design of it make the North American LE nothing more than a giant useless clusterfuck.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 01:12   Link #1744
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

digg the chainsaw
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 06:20   Link #1745
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

hmmm i don't know if this was posted . it looks like ps 3 it getting a old school 2 d rpg ( Which i really need just many FPS ....... ) it good that Cross Edge it getting translated ( I hope that keep the original voice .........)

here a links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZmJs...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv8TzMTPODg
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 07:03   Link #1746
ShinGundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
hmmm i don't know if this was posted . it looks like ps 3 it getting a old school 2 d rpg ( Which i really need just many FPS ....... ) it good that Cross Edge it getting translated ( I hope that keep the original voice .........)

here a links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZmJs...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv8TzMTPODg
Me too but NIS delayed it 2 months for Trophies patch but I want TEARS TO TIARA JP more than X edge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpw10R4Ck0U
TTT OVERPRICED in kuwait T___T

---------------
GT’s Yakuza 3 preview
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46310.html
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 09:25   Link #1747
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ah, finally an RPG where I can trust that when it's released in English I'll actually be able to play it.

Stupid 360 and their region locks.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 09:46   Link #1748
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

RGG3 Sold 372K in first week in Japan. Sales Of PS3 hardware soars.

This is more than twice the number of what SO4 sells for the first week. Who needs another generic JRPG when you have innovative game like the RGG series ?

Now we're just waiting to see how KZ2 did when it manage to deliver the hype.

For me, I'm debating whether to get HAWX when I still have RGG3, KZ2 and Bio5 waiting for me to get them over and done with.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 10:35   Link #1749
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Who needs another generic JRPG when you have innovative game like the RGG series ?
*Raises hand*
Old 2009-03-05, 10:52   Link #1750
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
RGG3 Sold 372K in first week in Japan. Sales Of PS3 hardware soars.

This is more than twice the number of what SO4 sells for the first week. Who needs another generic JRPG when you have innovative game like the RGG series ?
I would. I could care less about Yakuza, honestly. Game doesn't click with my tastes. I am a JRPG fan, and the lack of good jrpgs so far has been an amazing disappointment since it's the main reason I bought the PS3 for. My PS3 library so far is rediculously slim, with just a few exclusive titles that I really like, while my 360 is pretty one is pretty big so far between JRPGs and multiplatform titles, and I even got the PS3 way before than the 360. So yeah, while I'm glad that some PS3 game is selling well, I'm still waiting for a good flow of nice stuff to come out, the kind of games that made me love my ps2.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 11:23   Link #1751
TrueKnight

Thing is Sony don't have much cash to spare in order to retain some of the publishers and/or developers to stay exclusive. Because hey, publishers and developers are also companies whose main aims are to make profits or cash in order to survive and expand, which Micro$$oft seems to have right now.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 12:05   Link #1752
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I couldn't care less whether or not a JRPG will be exclusive for the PS3, I just want them to come out on the PS3, because that way I can just import them instead of having to wait seven frigging months and counting to play the damn game like Vesperia on the 360.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-03-05 at 12:23.
Old 2009-03-05, 12:18   Link #1753
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Thing is Sony don't have much cash to spare in order to retain some of the publishers and/or developers to stay exclusive. Because hey, publishers and developers are also companies whose main aims are to make profits or cash in order to survive and expand, which Micro$$oft seems to have right now.
It was already like this even before Microsoft joined in. Did everyone forget Square's behaviour when they "left" Nintendo? It was the same reason. Which is why I stopped "caring" for one single console and became a multiplat owner. As long as I can play the games I want to play, I'm fine. I don't mind on what system I'm playing them on.

However I still feel bitter because this "little black thing" costed me quite a bit of cash back then (it's one of the first 60gb models with retrocompatibility included) as I had placed a lot of trust and hope that I would still see the kind of titles that I'd like to see. And what do I get? Only one really good T-JRPG (Senjou no Valkyria), one that is basically more of the same and could easily work on a PS2 (Disgaea 3) and one that has an absolutely disappointing ending (not mention the plot...) and an atrouciously slow and boring combat system (White Knight Story). Where are my Atlus PS3 jrpgs? What about the other companies? There's not just Square-Enix around, y'know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I couldn't care less whether or not a JRPG will be exclusive for the PS3, I just want them to come out on the PS3, because that way I can just import them instead of having to wait seven frigging months and counting to play the damn game like Vesperia on the 360.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 2009-03-05, 12:30   Link #1754
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou
Where are my Atlus PS3 jrpgs? What about the other companies? There's not just Square-Enix around, y'know.
For Rpgs?

- They don't have enough money to develop games for high tech specs that is the PS3 which was why they went on cheaper ones like 360, PSP, DS, Wii and Ps2.
- Bamco most likely had a back to back agreement with M$ on developing rpgs exclusively for 7th generation console the 360 except for PSP or Wii. Vesperia is recorded as a loss by Bamco with M$ stealthly covering their loses. Squeenix most likely followed this route.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 15:33   Link #1755
kujoe
from head to heel

The JRPGs this generation aren't so good either. Sure, the 360 may have a number of them, but the number of those that actually worth owning, in my opinion, is even smaller.

The crap to outsanding ratio is probably the same during the previous generation, but the JRPG lineup of the 360, while it's there, isn't that really appealing to me... at least not in the same way that some people are making it up to be. In fact, I find it pretty disappointing. I would only count three JRPG titles in the 360 that are actually worth the effort. The PS3 isn't looking that good either. On another note, add in the few Western RPGs the 360 has into the mix, then you're finally looking at a fine RPG console.

Overall, the JRPG genre nowadays is pretty disappointing in my opinion. It's true what Japanese developers say, that Western developers have come a long way and has surpassed them. In a way, I think this is reflective of this.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 16:21   Link #1756
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What made me buy a 360 was Mass Effect. Battle systems aside (that's either your cup of tea or it isn't), storywise Mass Effect is an RPG that was well worth the money spend on it. A great story, wonderful voice-acting, a few of the better sci-fi races I've seen in a while, not being limited to a single alignment and a sci-fi setting to boot!

Now, I wouldn't mind more RPG's appearing on the 360. No sir. While I'd be more eager to throw them in my PS3 because of it's silence, I just as happily pop my Mass Effect CD in my 360. I'd be happy to do this for any RPG...

...Except that Microsoft seems to hate European RPG gamers, and regio-locks their RPG's, preventing me from importing them and having to wait for an EU release. If one comes at all.

That, and that alone, is the sole reason I loathe seeing RPG's appear on the 360.
Old 2009-03-05, 17:08   Link #1757
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
For Rpgs?

- They don't have enough money to develop games for high tech specs that is the PS3 which was why they went on cheaper ones like 360, PSP, DS, Wii and Ps2.
- Bamco most likely had a back to back agreement with M$ on developing rpgs exclusively for 7th generation console the 360 except for PSP or Wii. Vesperia is recorded as a loss by Bamco with M$ stealthly covering their loses. Squeenix most likely followed this route.
You know, I don't really care about who's giving the money and I don't care if Microsoft is covering for them or not (as I said, Sony did the same thing back when the PSX came out, and I didn't complain since I was still getting my JRPG fix), as a consumer knowing this doesn't really affect me anyway since all I want are games that satisfy my tastes.

And regarding the publishers obviously choosing the cheaper platforms, Sony can only blame themselves for having decided to use such a unorthodox architecture for their console. Making the developing process cost more is not going to attract any developer, especially if they barely provide any R&D support to the software companies that wish to make their debut in the HD generation.
Old 2009-03-05, 17:19   Link #1758
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

LBP is very good and innovative, that is the kind of games that i'd like to see in the future. Besides i want the sucessor to Shadow of the Colossus and ICO. They are some of the truly artistic and beautiful games that i've ever played, and hope they announce it this year
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 01:14   Link #1759
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

PS3 outsells everything else in Japan

My favorite color is red after all.
Old 2009-03-06, 01:44   Link #1760
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I would. I could care less about Yakuza, honestly. Game doesn't click with my tastes. I am a JRPG fan, and the lack of good jrpgs so far has been an amazing disappointment since it's the main reason I bought the PS3 for. My PS3 library so far is rediculously slim, with just a few exclusive titles that I really like, while my 360 is pretty one is pretty big so far between JRPGs and multiplatform titles, and I even got the PS3 way before than the 360. So yeah, while I'm glad that some PS3 game is selling well, I'm still waiting for a good flow of nice stuff to come out, the kind of games that made me love my ps2.
Quote:
However I still feel bitter because this "little black thing" costed me quite a bit of cash back then (it's one of the first 60gb models with retrocompatibility included) as I had placed a lot of trust and hope that I would still see the kind of titles that I'd like to see. And what do I get? Only one really good T-JRPG (Senjou no Valkyria), one that is basically more of the same and could easily work on a PS2 (Disgaea 3) and one that has an absolutely disappointing ending (not mention the plot...) and an atrouciously slow and boring combat system (White Knight Story). Where are my Atlus PS3 jrpgs? What about the other companies? There's not just Square-Enix around, y'know.
Quote:
You know, I don't really care about who's giving the money and I don't care if Microsoft is covering for them or not (as I said, Sony did the same thing back when the PSX came out, and I didn't complain since I was still getting my JRPG fix), as a consumer knowing this doesn't really affect me anyway since all I want are games that satisfy my tastes.
Wow, you just described me word for word.

Really big shame that the PS3 isn't exactly overflowing with RPGs. I actually waited until the very last minute to get a PS3, since I didn't want to get gimped by the 80 gig version and so only got the 60 gig version during the time they announced its getting replaced. But even then, I didn't buy the PS3 then for its games (because quite frankly there were NO RPGs at that point), but morseo so I could have a Blu-ray player lol.

In the future, all I see are X-Edge, WKC, and FFV13 . There's also the rumoured next gen SMT from Atlus, but who knows if that's actually true, since Famitsu reported it was in development almost four years ago and with no word about it since.

BTW, I see you're in Italy. Did you perchance buy a NA 60 gig PS3? Because I hear none of the european versions have full hardware BC, since they removed the EE chip from the European 60 gig versions from day 1 of its release (oddly enough, they still kept the other chip in). I remember this because the euro version at the time alarmed me that even the NA PS3 might not be fully BC for much longer, and a few months later my fears came to fruition, sadly enough. Not to rain on your parade, but its something good to keep in mind when playing PS2 games, that they might not exactly be 100% compatible if that is the case.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony