AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-01, 21:30   Link #41
servidor

Looking again at the raw, I'm surprised and somehow moved by the twins, they were raised by the Org to be mere things to further their objectives, and yet Alicia's eyes resolution on page 20 and Beth's tears make me think that even awakened they died human, more than in their entire life. I hope Yagi does a Gaiden chapter for the twins.
Old 2009-12-01, 21:40   Link #42
Cyclone
Transient Guest

I'm sorry chaps, but Galatea-sama's safety comes first. If that means Cynthia has to die, then so be it.
Old 2009-12-01, 21:42   Link #43
Newhope

I don't really see why Yuma's panicking for really the injurys Cynthia has don't really look to bad to me, her chest,neck and head all look undamaged which are the critical areas all Yuma really needs to do is stop any bleeding if Cynthia body hasn't already done so.
Old 2009-12-01, 21:43   Link #44
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Well, it's all over for the Organization now; either they make something out of Raki, or they're toast.
as i expected, yagi-sensei got rid of the org's best warriors and at the same time, made raki fall into their clutches. a coincidence? i think not. the org will probably make him their next best warrior that they could be proud of. but i'm not sure they could control him throughly.
Old 2009-12-01, 21:44   Link #45
Weils

That's what I can gather from trying to understand what thae characters are talking about in Japanese.

Summary:

- Yuma runs through the ruined earth and finds Cynthia's severed arm. She finds Cynthia and tells her to pull herself together. Cynthia asks her if she's all right. Yuma tells her that there's no all right considering her current condition. Cynthia has lost all her limbs and part of her internal organs and unable to move herself.
- Cynthia tells Yuma how she watched her captain die during the battle of the North. Even though Veronica was leader of her team, in actuality both led the team together. Even though they are one number away from each other, Cynthia does not understand why Veronica is the one that gets killed, while she manages to survive due to sheer luck.
- From that day on, Cynthia felt empty and secretly wishes a place and time to die. She begs Yuma to end her suffering now.
- Although she's defensive type, she no longer has the strength to regenerate herself, all she can do is to bear the intense pain. She feels that out of all the seven survivors, she's the one with the weakest heart.
- Yuma can't accept what Cynthia said. She attempts to synchronize her yoki to regenerate Cynthia's left leg. Cynthia protests but Yuma tells her to shut up and let her concentrate.

- Meanwhile, Alicia's yoki goes haywire. Riful senses something wrong but can't place it.
- Alicia jumps away from the area.
- Beth AB continues attacking Priscilla with no results. Priscilla notes that Beth's strategy is to use blades as long range attacks, hitting blind spots at mid-range, and use brute force at close range.
- Beth AB bites Priscilla with her jaw but Priscilla suffers no injuries and instead tears her jaw off.
- Priscilla destroys the tip of Beth's tail and is about to demolish her torso when Alicia cuts down in front of her. Priscilla moves away.
- Alicia transforms herself into AB which Riful senses. Both twins attack Priscilla, who notes that with both of them awakened, they won't be able to return to human form again.
- With couple of slashes, Alicia manages to cut off Priscilla's left arm and right leg, while Beth stabs her in the back.
- Priscilla shrugs off Alicia's attacks and places a hand on her head, tearing it off with one downward push. She says they are both noisy.
- Beth begans to cry while Priscilla regenerates herself, while understanding what the Organization had been trying to do. Both twins are failures.
- Beth goes mad and attacks Priscilla once more. Priscilla tells her not to worry and says she will join her sister soon.
- Riful senses the massive yoki disappearing. She wonders if the fight is over. She notices both yokis from the twins are completely gone. Clare senses Priscilla's yoki.
Old 2009-12-01, 21:46   Link #46
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
- Yuma runs through the ruined earth and finds Cynthia's severed arm. She finds Cynthia and tells her to pull herself together. Cynthia asks her if she's all right. Yuma tells her that there's no all right considering her current condition. Cynthia has lost all her limbs and part of her internal organs and unable to move herself.
- Cynthia tells Yuma how she watched her captain die during the battle of the North. Even though Vernoica was leader of her team, in actuality both led the team together. Eve though they are one number away from each other, Cynthia does not understand why Vernoica is the one that gets killed, while she manages to survive due to sheer luck.
- From that day on, Cynthia felt empty and secretly wishes a place and time to die. She begs Yuma to end her suffering now.
- Although she's defensive type, she no longer has the strength to regenerate herself, all she can do is to bear the intense pain. She feels that out of all the seven survivors, she's the one with the weakest heart.
- Yuma can't accept what Cynthia said. She attempts to synchronize her yoki to regenerate Cynthia's left leg. Cynthia protests but Yuma tells her to shut up and let her concentrate.
My god....0_o

Cynthia?

Who would have thought? Sure, I imagined her story was just as bad as all the others, but with her uplifting attitude, never did I think it was this bad

Quote:
as i expected, yagi-sensei got rid of the org's best warriors and at the same time, made raki fall into their clutches. a coincidence? i think not. the org will probably make him their next best warrior that they could be proud of. but i'm not sure they could control him throughly.
That's assuming they can control him at all; It's gonna be disappointing if he dies, being their puppet.
Old 2009-12-01, 21:51   Link #47
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
I'm sorry chaps, but Galatea-sama's safety comes first. If that means Cynthia has to die, then so be it.
Right, because as we can see from chapters 74-78, she does not care as much more about others as she does herself (sarcasm). You're going to have to beg your mistress to be less selfless Cyclone. Galatea may be vain, but she's also the self-sacrificing type.

Besides, I seem to recall Cynthia helped Galatea out awhile back. If Galatea ever were to come into a position where she could help the two out, chances are very high she would. "If that means Cynthia has to die"...hmm, I'm no psychologist, but I'd say that's exactly opposite of what Galatea would do Cyclone. Perhaps you're worrying your goddess will endanger herself like she has in the past?

Besides, even if Yuma awakened, she'd be no danger to Galatea. Cynthia's awakened form probably wouldn't be either, or at least not much of a danger. Plus with an even more powerful Miria around, I rather doubt that Galatea's lacking for protection anyways. Who'd want to lose their "God-Eye"? Certainly not a strategist like Miria!

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-12-01, 21:51   Link #48
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
My god....0_o

Cynthia?

Who would have thought? Sure, I imagined her story was just as bad as all the others, but with her uplifting attitude, never did I think it was this bad
It's "survivor's guilt" it's pretty common all the ghosts are probably suffering from it to versus degree's.
Old 2009-12-01, 21:53   Link #49
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
It's "survivor's guilt" it's pretty common all the ghosts are probably suffering from it to versus degree's.
Deneve is definitely suffering from it, that's for sure.
Old 2009-12-01, 22:01   Link #50
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Right, because as we can see from chapters 74-78, she cares so much more about others than she does herself (sarcasm). You're going to have to beg your mistress to be less selfless Cyclone. Galatea may be vain, but she's also the self-sacrificing type.

Besides, I seem to recall Cynthia helped Galatea out awhile back. If Galatea ever were to come into a position where she could help the two out, chances are very high she would. "If that means Cynthia has to die"...hmm, I'm no psychologist, but I'd say that's exactly opposite of what Galatea would do Cyclone. Perhaps you're worrying your goddess will endanger herself like she has in the past?

Besides, even if Yuma awakened, she'd be no danger to Galatea. Cynthia's awakened form probably wouldn't be either, or at least not much of a danger. Plus with an even more powerful Miria around, I rather doubt that Galatea's lacking for protection anyways. Who'd want to lose their "God-Eye"? Certainly not a strategist like Miria!
I'm gonna have to get that battery acid again. Where do you get off saying Galatea-sama is vain? Because she doesn't LIKE looking like Racheal or Undine? That's not vain - it's normal!

And yes, it probably is exactly the opposite of what Galatea-sama would do. She's too selfless, noble, kind, self sacrificing, loyal and just to ignore it. But her safety is my number one priority, so I'm against anything that put her in danger for anyone's sake - I don't care the reason.
Old 2009-12-01, 22:13   Link #51
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Wow, Priscilla's true strength is pretty earth-shattering, consider she is now handing 2 Abyssal Level opponents their respective asses at once. (Thus tossing the theory that Riful/Lucalea alliance > Priscilla, admittedly, Alicia managed to injure Priscilla due to her vibro-blade arms)

I think Yuma is probably about to become a partially-awakened in the attempt to save Cynthia, I hope they both survive. >.<

and it looks like Clare has picked up on Priscilla's Yoki at last (probably because she had to heal herself), although I do wonder how Clare would recognize Priscilla's Yoki considering she has not seen her since she was a human.
Old 2009-12-01, 22:21   Link #52
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
although I do wonder how Clare would recognize Priscilla's Yoki considering she has not seen her since she was a human.
Remember the Witch's Maw?

Claire will never forget what it felt like for the rest of her life, it had that much of an effect on her.
Old 2009-12-01, 22:25   Link #53
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Yeah, I figured humans could pick up on something as massive as an abyssal one/Priscilla's aura via sixth sense or something, but being able to recognize it is an entirely different thing.
Old 2009-12-01, 22:32   Link #54
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Yeah, I figured humans could pick up on something as massive as an abyssal one/Priscilla's aura via sixth sense or something, but being able to recognize it is an entirely different thing.
It sort of hinted at it just before Isley died as well, some sensitive human's can feel large yoki although they don't know what it is and avoid the area where the aura is.
Old 2009-12-01, 22:32   Link #55
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

I think Clare might help save Cynthia. If Cynthia dies its Clare's fault, she left them on thier own.

It would make more sense if Clare just has a bad felling about Priscilla's yoki (she does not know it's Priscilla). Cynthia needs help, Priscilla can wait.

Anyone that come to help Cynthia has to deal with Racillia second wave of mini Racillias.
Old 2009-12-01, 22:41   Link #56
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
But we knew Claire is special when it comes to sensing. When she met Riful, she said she felt a power like this before; not only can she feel it, but can make the comparison. Her sixth sense is very sharp.

Don't be so ideal Awakened; if Claire goes recognizes this yoki as Priscilla, she won't stop for nobody.
Old 2009-12-01, 22:48   Link #57
Gundam Pilot 2008
Impossible is Impossible

Just finish reading the Japanese version of Claymore 98. It really takes more time to understand Japanese. Anyway, Even if I just understand 80% of this chapter, that is really another exciting one.

Alicia gave up fighting against Riful, and instead dashed to save her sis Beth who was nearly smashed to death by Priscilla. She found Priscilla was too strong to be her opponent. So she took the wakened form, too. Consequently, the twin sisters were both taking the awakened form at the same time, that meant they would never turn back to their human forms.

Alicia's awakened form was much more destructive than Beth's, but she was still "touched" and defeated by Priscilla who fighting just as a human form. After witnessing Alicia was completely defeated in front of her, Beth cried and charged forward to fight Priscilla desperately.

This chapter didn't tell us the result of the fighting between Beth and Priscilla. Beth could be survived. Anyway, it's hard to say.

In my opinion, Priscilla is getting much more powerful than 7 years ago. She is really a genius of super awakened being. By the way, if Alicia and Beth has been dealt with by Priscilla, there will be no more Aces left in the organization for the purpose of defending, except several demons(Awakened being Eaters). So I assume Raki will become the next Ace for the organization after his body being biologically restructured by them.
Old 2009-12-01, 22:52   Link #58
Weils

Japanese to Chinese to English translation:

SCENE 98: "Wailing Cleave" (慟哭の劈開)

Yuma: Cynthia, Cynthia! Pull yourself together, Cynthia!
Cynthia: Yuma, are you all right?
Yuma: Idiot, you're the one who's not ok! Why did you do it?
Cynthia: All...all my limbs and part of my organs are gone...
Yuma: Why...why did you do this? You wouldn't be in this state now if you didn't fiercely protect me.
Cynthia: I'm sorry, this is just my personality. My body is faster than my thoughts.
Yuma: (cries) Damn...I'm sorry.
Cynthia: On the other hand, perhaps I was expecting this all along.
Yuma: W...What?
Cynthia: Seven years to that day, Captain Veronica was killed right in front of my eyes. Although Veronica was captain, she was just one number away from me. Actually it should be both the captain and I who led our team. However, the one who was killed was Veronica. I never got a serious wound that time and coincidentally survived. From that time onwards I felt empty, and everyone else who managed to reach this point is all due to that end (of the North). Perhaps all of us came here to search for their own place to die.
Yuma: Cynthia...you...
Cynthia: Yuma, will you please kill me?
Yuma: !!
Cynthia: Although I'm defensive warrior type, it's impossible to regenerate due to this state. My consciousness is beginning to fade, perhaps I will even go out of control. Now I can't even bear this intense pain, I will probably awaken soon. Out of all the seven survivors, I'm the one with the weakest heart. To be able to sacrifice myself for another, that is enough for me.
Yuma: Don't be ridiculous! It's painful for me to watch a comrade die in front of my eyes!
Cynthia: Yuma...
Yuma: Let's synchronize our yokis together, this time it's me who will do it.
Cynthia: But...that...you can't just know how to do it in just a short time...besides...
Yuma: Just shut up! My yoki will fade, please, just don't say anymore.

Dauf: Riful, do it now! If you can do it now, you can get rid of that bastard.
Riful: My God, what is this?
Dauf: R..Riful? What are you looking at?
Riful: Why? Why are you here? Weren't you at the south?
Dauf: S...South?
(Alicia jumps away from the area)
Riful: That girl...she's heading towards her twin sister?
Priscilla: Using blades as long range attacks, attacking blind spots at mid-range, brute strength at close range...whatever you do...impossible things are still impossible.
(Alicia arrives)
Priscilla: Oh, you are here too? I thought you were controlling from afar. Then what are you planning to do? Even if you are here, the situation isn't going to change for the better.
(Both twins awaken)
Riful: Idiots! That girl awakens?
Priscilla: Ah ah, both have awakened. Now none of them will be able to return to human states.
Priscilla: Really...this is what twins can do to have such great compatibility.
(Priscilla tears Alicia's head off)
Priscilla: But it's a little...annoying.
(Beth cries)
Priscilla: And here I thought the Organization created such wonderful puppets. So it's both persons' link which keeps the part that's human? Whatever...to run towards danger and awaken as well, to watch your sister die and weep...as far as the Organization is concerned, I'm afraid you're both failures.
(Beth attacks Priscilla)
Priscilla: Don't worry, both of you will soon meet.
Riful: Is it over? Using such a short time to fight both of those ABs...My God...you've got to be kidding...To have this thing exist in this world...
Clare: What the? What is this yoki...?

To be continued...

Last edited by Weils; 2009-12-02 at 01:12.
Old 2009-12-01, 22:55   Link #59
nemein

Quote:
and it looks like Clare has picked up on Priscilla's Yoki at last (probably because she had to heal herself), although I do wonder how Clare would recognize Priscilla's Yoki considering she has not seen her since she was a human.
It never says Clare recognized the yoki - she just sort of looks around and says something along the lines of "What the hell is that yoki?" I personally think Priscilla has gotten so powerful that her yoki would be unrecognizable, even to ppl who've met her before.

Oh, and I gotta laugh at Riful's reaction. She's adorable even though she's scared out of her mind XD

EDIT: THANKS WEILS!
Old 2009-12-01, 23:01   Link #60
servidor

Thank you Weils! From Priscilla's lines I wonder how much of Isley's goals and personality has she in her mind?
Closed Thread