AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-21, 17:35   Link #1
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Hana to Akuma

Genre: Comedy Fantasy Romance Shoujo Supernatural

Description
15 years ago Vivi, the demon, decided to leave the demon realm and come to the human world. There he found an abandoned baby and on a whim decided to keep it. Since then he lives together with Hana...but having a 14 year-old girl around you, is it really that simple?

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=14785

Now pwoplw, I am not a big fan of shoujo mangas but this is one of the rare few that got me craving for more. This is a very light hearted comedy/romance manga that delivers cliche shoujo elements but along with strong characters and development. Give it a try and I am sure you wouldn't regret it.

Last edited by shaolinx; 2009-08-22 at 02:09.
Old 2009-08-22, 00:17   Link #2
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ohh I was thinking of making a thread while back but felt no one actually read it, its one of them series where you think you are the only person reading it

but this is a great read for me, it doesn't really use any of the shoujo cliches I've come to dislike over the years so it remains good.

I actually like the relationships here compared to alot of other shoujos, altho nothing great they just work and don't get on my nerves plus Hana is just too cute!
Old 2009-08-22, 00:30   Link #3
Greenish Growth

I like this manga. It's a lot of fun.

It's another manga where I keep thinking of Jun Fukuyama's voice whenever I think of a character speaking (Vivi).
Old 2009-08-22, 00:44   Link #4
Yushi

This is suuuuch a cute manga! I love all the characters and the dynamics of their relationships. It would make such a cute lighthearted anime *hopes*
Old 2009-08-22, 02:09   Link #5
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Ohh I was thinking of making a thread while back but felt no one actually read it, its one of them series where you think you are the only person reading it
I just felt I was the only GUY reading this and enjoyed it! What I really like was how pure their emotions were. Many other mangas, the characters "have" feelings for each other and many times, its feels pretty shallow.

The only problem thing that is holding the manga back, atleast for me, is that it has the awkward feeling of the lolicon elements to it. ah well.
Old 2010-06-23, 17:07   Link #6
Kunagisa

*STABS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT READ THIS MANGA*

Such cute story, I began reading this back in 08 and really 2 years later Hana has not lost her charm at all. The story is simple and mostly cliche, but the drawing is marvelous! Hana is totally a crybaby, but who can blame her when she is such a cute kid with such a huge crush on the dear, angry devil prince. Her age really has a huge impact on the whole story, just imagining that she is a late teenager (or even in 20s) instead of a kid would've made her character that much more annoying.

Now I've said that I am totally not a lolicon <__<, but the amount of tears that Hana produce make this a wonderfully heartfelt read. That and she and Yotsuba have the best O___O~!!! faces.

*STABS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT READ THIS MANGA AGAIN*

PS: Chapter 46 is wonderfully delicious if your fluff-stomache is hungry, then again, so are most chapters.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2010-06-23 at 17:18.
Old 2010-12-09, 11:56   Link #7
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa

huhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuhuhu

god that was some ending buhuhuhuhuh

god why such a bitter sweet ending Y_Y

huhuhuhu

but man i wish she would have atleast be a ghost or something to atleas fulfill the promise of together for ever huhuhuhuh still thanks oto-sensei for a good shoujo manga

cant wait for the next work
Old 2010-12-09, 12:33   Link #8
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa

huhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuhuhu

god that was some ending buhuhuhuhuh

god why such a bitter sweet ending Y_Y

huhuhuhu

but man i wish she would have atleast be a ghost or something to atleas fulfill the promise of together for ever huhuhuhuh still thanks oto-sensei for a good shoujo manga

cant wait for the next work
I liked it until the last couple of pages ... ... .... I was expecting it, but still WHY DO AUTHORS ALWAYS DO THAT. The story probably leave a stronger impact for me if it didn't ... ARGH. Still I do agree ... look forward to the next work.
Old 2010-12-09, 12:52   Link #9
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Thats the problem with bitter sweet endings, if done right it's great and you can't help but like it.

But then at the same time cause it's bitter sweet it leaves you with a bad after taste that makes you go "ARRGGHH!!!"

Well anyway I still loved it, was a great series, very fun and cute.

Hana is really just too adorable<3
Old 2010-12-10, 03:03   Link #10
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well atleast she left behin 2 adorable children
Old 2010-12-10, 07:22   Link #11
blewin

can't say I'm happy to see Hana die.. but the ending is Perfect.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-12-11, 03:38   Link #12
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

yes it is theending was perfect now lets hope to atleast get a better work after his rest
Closed Thread