AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-08-16, 07:08   Link #8341
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Er, what?? Based on what I read in a spoiler, she's setting herself up for financial catastrophe, she acts like a total retard.
Sarcasm doesn't go over too well, but I suppose it's my fault.
Old 2011-08-16, 07:10   Link #8342
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Sarcasm doesn't go over too well, but I suppose it's my fault.
Sorry ^_^;

Because in earlier chapters it was noted that she was handling her stock portfolios very well.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 08:39   Link #8343
Shadow5YA

lol a Maria site. That is fairly ingenious.

Also, if anyone bothered to look closer at the Maria site, one of the headlines says "Niwa Niwa Douga Showing All Episodes of Mawaru Nyankodrum for Free".
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 15:54   Link #8344
Sol Falling

Quote:
Er, what?? Based on what I read in a spoiler, she's setting herself up for financial catastrophe, she acts like a total retard.
Conjuring up a network of websites with over a million daily visitors in a couple of days, all to market a doujin which will only need ~$2,000 to cover the investment...actually, I am not all that worried with regards to Nagi's financial situation. I do think it'd be somewhat empty though if Nagi doesn't manage to do anything meaningful with the manga itself...which is looking more and more likely (or rather, all but certain at this point).

lol, but to be honest, Nagi's plans this chapter actually left me impressed. Not every other person could take $2000 and actually give it some use. It's clear now that there's nothing exaggerated about Nagi's understanding of the practical value of money. If only she had a product of actual substance to back up what she's selling, too, then supporting herself would be a complete non-issue.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 15:58   Link #8345
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Nagi could make a good income on advertising or affiliate links if she's got that much traffic. Sheesh.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 16:10   Link #8346
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
... While the doujin thing may be a bust (and I'm not even sure about that...), if she can attract eyeballs that easily, how hard can it be for her to make some money off it?

OTOH, I think her math is off. Sure, she's got a million viewers. And sure, 1% of those interested actually buying the book is a conservative estimate. But I doubt a tenth of her viewers are going to be both interested in her book and at the comic market.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 16:19   Link #8347
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Nagi would make more money by putting in stealth ads and add pics of Hina to the site.
Old 2011-08-16, 16:27   Link #8348
Mentar
Banned

I think you guys are missing the point here. Unless I'm completely mistaken, Hata is setting things up as a showdown between "empty mangas to be sold with great marketing effort" and "good mangas starting small". This is him speaking, through the lips of Hina, to the group of people who consider creating mangas.

The way I see it, Nagi will create a crappy manga and manage to drum up alot of interest. People will be flocking to her booth. And then, her manga will be met with horrible disappointment, leading to a disastrous result. On the other hand, Luca's manga will become an underground hit, and she'll possibly score a contract with a large publisher or something. Nagi, on the other hand, will end up with a mountain of unsold mangas and a considerable financial loss. Possibly this outcome will trigger the famous "Damn you, Luca" scene with a frustrated Nagi running in tears.

If after Hina's help, her sublime smile after reading Luca's result, and after Hayate's reaction to it, Luca comes up merely on par with Nagi, I'd be extremely surprised.
Old 2011-08-16, 16:31   Link #8349
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I think you guys are missing the point here. Unless I'm completely mistaken, Hata is setting things up as a showdown between "empty mangas to be sold with great marketing effort" and "good mangas starting small". This is him speaking, through the lips of Hina, to the group of people who consider creating mangas.

The way I see it, Nagi will create a crappy manga and manage to drum up alot of interest. People will be flocking to her booth. And then, her manga will be met with horrible disappointment, leading to a disastrous result. On the other hand, Luca's manga will become an underground hit, and she'll possibly score a contract with a large publisher or something. Nagi, on the other hand, will end up with a mountain of unsold mangas and a considerable financial loss. Possibly this outcome will trigger the famous "Damn you, Luca" scene with a frustrated Nagi running in tears.

If after Hina's help, her sublime smile after reading Luca's result, and after Hayate's reaction to it, Luca comes up merely on par with Nagi, I'd be extremely surprised.
a 2k loss while not good is still soemthing Nagi can afford to lsoe at this stage. And i f Nagi learns that lesson like Chiharu said, 2k would be a bargain.
Old 2011-08-16, 17:06   Link #8350
Mentar
Banned

Bargain? We're talking about the equivalent of several thousand US$. It won't ruin her, but "bargain" is something different, especially since I expect it to come along a major humiliation.
Old 2011-08-16, 17:09   Link #8351
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Bargain? We're talking about the equivalent of several thousand US$. It won't ruin her, but "bargain" is something different, especially since I expect it to come along a major humiliation.
2 grand, not several. And if does help Nagi grow up then it is bargain.
Old 2011-08-16, 17:38   Link #8352
Mentar
Banned

Closer to 3k than 2k (around 2800$). And she's no millionaire anymore. Sorry man, you have strange ideas of what a "bargain" is.
Old 2011-08-16, 17:40   Link #8353
GDB

She had 20 million yen when she sent Hayate out to get an apartment building. I can only assume Klaus didn't charge Nagi for her own mother's old house, so 200,000 yen out of 20 million is only 1% of her prior funds. Add in any rent she's been collecting, and it really isn't much of anything to her, financially speaking.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 17:47   Link #8354
Mentar
Banned

Apartment maintenance? Living expenses? Property taxes? Even assuming that Maria and Hayate don't get any salary at all? Folks, do you have any idea what renting out an apartment like this means? I don't think so ^_^; ... the way things are going, she's probably barely staying at her cash levels, and she's definitely not rising.

The way Hata told the story it's clear to me that the days where Nagi had unlimited funds are _over_. So this little endeavour is not going to financially cripple her, but it's gonna be painful. In fact, I'd be surprised if the financial repercussions of this would not get another explicit mention in the upcoming chapters.
Old 2011-08-16, 17:51   Link #8355
GDB

I don't see her being stupid enough to have exceptionally more expenses than revenues. She's clearly brilliant with finances, and wouldn't undertake a venture like this if she were going to be losing material amounts of money.

Sure, she may not have unlimited money anymore, but still clearly well off. Most people would love to have that much sitting in the bank, or being properly invested in the market. The only way I could see this having repercussions is if 98%+ of her money is held up in long-term investments that can't be removed. That or Hata decides to do a small asspull and say she spent the large majority of the money on renovations and stuff, which hadn't been mentioned before.
Old 2011-08-16, 18:06   Link #8356
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't see her being stupid enough to have exceptionally more expenses than revenues. She's clearly brilliant with finances, and wouldn't undertake a venture like this if she were going to be losing material amounts of money.
You seriously think so? Okay, let's wait and see then. My bet is that she won't come even CLOSE to breaking even. We'll find out next chapter, I guess. And as an extra, I bet that the financial loss of the endeavor is going to become thematized once more later.
Old 2011-08-16, 18:31   Link #8357
ChronoReverse

Eh, she just needs some ads on her site and with a million viewers, she'd easily cover that.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 18:31   Link #8358
GDB

Actually, the venture I was talking about was the apartment complex, not the doujin. I agree her sales will bottom out hard on the doujin, I just don't think it'll ruin her financially. Only emotionally (for a short time before she "learns the lesson").
Old 2011-08-16, 18:32   Link #8359
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Eh, she just needs some ads on her site and with a million viewers, she'd easily cover that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Actually, the venture I was talking about was the apartment complex, not the doujin. I agree her sales will bottom out hard on the doujin, I just don't think it'll ruin her financially. Only emotionally (for a short time before she "learns the lesson").
agree with both.
Old 2011-08-23, 17:35   Link #8360
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Wtf?! When did HnG turn into a manga about mangaka..? It looks like Hata has no idea where he is going with this.

I'm dropping this, someone please PM me when this manga is done, I'll read it then. So see guys in 10 years.

Tags
comedy, shounen