AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-28, 06:04   Link #3081
Hikari no Clover

just finished ep 50
OMG i love kou i love aoba i love cross game

i wanna grab my glove and head straight to the field right now
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 07:26   Link #3082
TyG3R

I just finished watching it and Cross game is probably one of the best I've seen in months.The characters were very good and the story was ok.I don't like baseball , but this didn't matter.

Episode 50 was just simply AWESOME !

Last edited by TyG3R; 2010-03-28 at 10:15.
TyG3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 13:52   Link #3083
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

How many years had it been since an anime episode made me cry of joy? I don't really remember, but today I had to reset the count.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 15:22   Link #3084
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

subs need to come out.. not many shows have the amount of emotional investment of cross game. you see characters grow up, which not many shows do well.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 19:03   Link #3085
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The finale has been timed and translated. Subsmith just isn't releasing until a proper RAW is out.

Edit - So if anyone knows where a good Raw is better send it to him stat.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 22:14   Link #3086
Hikari no Clover

i know there is a good raw on ******** better not to mention that kind of things here

Spoiler:
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 22:29   Link #3087
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Jeebus, this is brutal. Looks like it's either the raw or wait until tomorrow (at best) at this point. I'm deeply grateful for Subsmith and the work they've done here, believe me. Never I to complain about a public service offered for free. But it sure doesn't make the suspense any more bearable.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 22:34   Link #3088
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

they better use ED1...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-03-28, 23:38   Link #3089
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well since I'm not gonna make it in time for the subs to come out, this is based on the Raw.

And so here it is. We come to the closing.

"Give Tsukishima Aoba a big hug." - Azuma

All those years of hitting homers at the Tsukishima Batting Center pays off as Kou hits a homer into the stands, shocking not only his team but Ryuou as well. In a way the only one who didn't look shocked was Aoba. With that everyone congratulates Kou and even wanted a little spotlight from him. Azuma however instead asks him to do something, perhaps one of the biggest single lines in the entire series. I'd be goddammit if she didn't deserve one after all these years. The blank and unsurprised faces of Nakanishi and Akaishi were completely hilarious.

"Let's settle this like men." "Can I go all out this inning?"

I cannot stress enough how important this second line from Kou is. Of course at that point their victory has yet to be assured, but Kou has something equally important to achieve, and he needs to achieve it if he is to finally get what he is looking for. He would do so against Mishima of all people. At this point there's really only thing left in the game he has to do.

160 kilometers per hour. Anything less than this at this pitch might simply be inconceivable.

And so he walks Mishima. Kind of anticlimactic one must admit but realistic nonetheless. All they needed was to keep them scoreless by whatever means necessary, and a needless confrontation there would be silly honestly. And of course... he strikes everyone out, assuring us of the victory of Seishu, and the final dream of Koshien.

It also gives us what is for me the single most important line of the entire series. The single line everyone's been waiting for for 50 episodes. A few days to the day Cross Game first aired in April 2009, and we finally get that true piece of honesty from Kou every since this story began. A line I am never likely to forget.

I love Tsukishima Aoba the most."

What follows, of course, Azuma reiterates his only wish for Kou to do. It may have been a bit out of the blue, followed by a slap, but ended with what is probably the first time Aoba had cried in so long since Wakaba died. After all, Koshien has been made, and the crosses they've been bearing for almost a decade can finally be put down. Their hearts can finally rest after all these years. They finally have closure.

It is over. It is done. This is the single best scene of the entire series. We've all waited for this for so long it makes me weep tears of joy.

What remains now of course... well as I said in the the manga thread it is no longer our story to follow. Our journey with them ends on that train station. As I've said these are the types of endings I live for, the endings that never really end, only to hint at more journeys and experiences for two individuals who have fought, suffered and endured for so long. Kou and Aoba after all those years have earned the right to their new lives and the privacy of not having us examine every bit of their renewal. On that train station a new story begins for both of them, and while it pains me to have to seem them go, of no longer being able to watch these two grow, bicker and struggle together against the pressures of life, it would do me no greater honor than to see them depart for Koshien, on those train tracks.

Which leaves us to the final scene of what is to me one of the greatest stories ever told.

And now as the series ends, I must depart on vacation. It was an honor to go through this tale with the rest of you and yeah I actually got to know a good lot of people on this board through this series. Something or a blessing for real life I suppose. I shall see you all again in two weeks, and maybe we can ourselves enjoy a new series together.

Edit - Posting from Changi airport lol. Rmoved spoiler tags.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2010-03-30 at 04:51.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 23:42   Link #3090
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^ he summarizes the whole episode. so just beware. well written. i haven't watched it yet, but i know it'll be good. seems like its faithful.

Old 2010-03-29, 00:23   Link #3091
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
they better use ED1...
Why do you want them to use Wakaba's theme out of all things?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 00:25   Link #3092
poko-kun

People who wants 1st ed; the meaning of the first ed doesn't fit the ending situation.
This is not "the ending", but the begining of new journey.

Last edited by poko-kun; 2010-03-29 at 02:39.
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 02:20   Link #3093
Ottocycle

And subs are out, simultaneously from the 2 groups!
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 02:39   Link #3094
Asleep

yay subs! hopefully I can watch it today...
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 02:43   Link #3095
mpt37

Wow, can't believe it's over. I was climbing up the walls waiting for the subs. The first thing I did after finishing it was watch the preview from ep. 49, good thing Subsmith put a spoiler disclaimer in their subs so I didn't watch it at the time. It's not like there were any surprises, but I still didn't want to ruin the end.

Anyways, the ending was all I could have hoped for, no complaints. As always when a great anime ends, I'm a bit sad that's it's over, but I'll get over it. Now I just have to see how long I should wait before re-watching it.
Old 2010-03-29, 03:08   Link #3096
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

No, no no, no! GAAAAAAAAAAAH! Why did it have to end?!?!
This is so unfair.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 03:34   Link #3097
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No, no no, no! GAAAAAAAAAAAH! Why did it have to end?!?!
This is so unfair.
To be willing to end a piece of work gracefully while everything is going awesomely well is after all, one of the marks of great writers.

I'm just darn glad that this got to be animated.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 04:11   Link #3098
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

It's about half past 4 in the morning here and I stayed up just to watch this finale. I have to work in about 4 hours or so but I just couldn't go to sleep knowing that this episode was going to be up soon. Half-way through the episode when Aoba is lost in Kou's words "Is a lie...alright?" And then followed by "I love Tsukushima Aoba the most," I just felt a sudden sense of relief after all this time. It's hard to describe the exact sensation, but it felt like I was Kou at that moment and I could feel what he felt as he pitched the 160 kmph fastball to Mishima.

To be honest, when Senda kept pushing his thought that Aoba was going to slap Kou for giving her a hug, I didn't think she was going to. That is, until she actually did I was surprised because Akaishi and Nakanishi just stared into space when Senda was speaking his mind. But as soon as Kou hugged Aoba, I felt like all the pressure, all the burden and all the weight both Kou and Aoba had to endure all this time, was just lifted from their shoulders. Kou trained extremely hard to make it to Koshien but at the same time...he trained hard enough to reach 160 kmph with his fastball. For Aoba. (There wouldn't be any excuses left for her )

Their relationship is something that goes beyond just a bond, they're similar in many aspects yet their feelings were ambiguous to one and mutual to the other, their only difference up until this episode. I can't imagine just how long Aoba had been holding back those tears of frustration and Kou finally put her at ease with the "lies" he told her prior to the game with Ryou. Kou is definitely one of the best male leads in my book and it's a shame to see this great series draw the curtains but at the same time, I'm filled with a sense of closure that satisfies me. This is a classic series and I won't forget it.

Before anyone says anything, I would like to request an animated sig of Aoba crying on Kou's chest in this final episode and an animated avatar of a Kou loop when he says "I know" right before the scene where Aoba is crying

And I'll leave with this quote:

Quote:
Aoba: I've always, always...hated you...

Kou: I know.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2010-03-29 at 04:25.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 04:50   Link #3099
TyG3R

I still didn't really understand the whole it's a lie thing. I just don't understand where that came from. It's a lie meaning aoba didn't really hate him all along and he knew it all along but pretended he didn't. I just couldn't understand why he said that when she asked if he liked her better than Akane. How could anyone understand what he meant then.Can someone explain it to me ?
Old 2010-03-29, 04:56   Link #3100
poko-kun

1) Akane told Kou to tell Aoba the truth.
2) Kou asked Aoba if he could lie. (This is what he's been doing toward Aoba; lie)
3) But all of them appear to be true at the end. ^^ (This is what he promised Akane to do)

Remember the key word "Aoba and Kou always end up doing the same thing"

So Aoba's "I told you I hate you" (They are doing the same thing; lie)

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports