Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2015-10-06, 21:51   Link #141
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
No shit.... what do you expect when the otaku industry is barely represented in negotiations. The big people in entertainment are shits like disney and the RIAA...people who do not understand how the otaku circle functions

For example, if Japan's lawmakers have to say at a TPP conference that "it isn't finalized. We understand Comiket's concerns" do you think it implies that the otaku industry has much say in negotiations?
Of course not. and Fyi, not even the law maker, congress, OR prosecutors or whatever have no say in the 'negotiations'.
ONLY the multi national company representatives, the BUSINESSMEN and PMs have a say.
The others are just there to vote yes or no.
So leaving out future for businessmen to decide is s good thing?

Well that for one thing is reassuring that the discussion about intellectual property is not over.
But he didn't refute that comicons and derivatives might be effected.
he just said they hope to proceed in a direction where everyone will be satisfied.
Very vague and dangerous wording. that's where bisunessmen finds the loopholes ya kno.
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 00:42   Link #142
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So....where was I saying it's a good thing?
Old 2015-10-07, 05:20   Link #143
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So....where was I saying it's a good thing?
Well actually you didn't.
But your wording kinda implied that you think it's okay for the tpp deal to pass because 'it won't do much harm'.
so yeah~
Tpp is a one way ticket to Corporatocracy.
So it's not a good thing, specially when it's secret.
Old 2015-10-07, 05:27   Link #144
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I'd post that "I don't want to live on this planet any more" gif with Professor Farnsworth, but it's probably a no-no now.

Old 2015-10-07, 06:20   Link #145
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWalk View Post
Well actually you didn't.
But your wording kinda implied that you think it's okay for the tpp deal to pass because 'it won't do much harm'.
so yeah~
Tpp is a one way ticket to Corporatocracy.
So it's not a good thing, specially when it's secret.
I totally do not see how my words can even give that impression but ok....

Anyway if it isn't clear enough I am completely against many things in this horrific pact
Old 2015-10-07, 23:13   Link #146
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/07/po...n-opposes-tpp/

HELL YEAH!!!
CLINTON'S AGAINST IT!!

Hillary Clinton came out against the Trans Pacific Partnership in an interview Wednesday, breaking with President Barack Obama and his administration, which has forcefully promoted the deal.

In an interview Wednesday with PBS's Judy Woodruff in Iowa, Clinton said, "As of today, I am not in favor of what I have learned about it."

The former secretary of state and 2016 Democratic presidential front-runner cited the "high bar" she set earlier in the year as the reason she was giving the deal a thumbs down.

"I have said from the very beginning that we had to have a trade agreement that would create good American jobs, raise wages and advance our national security and I still believe that is the high bar we have to meet," Clinton said.

She added: "I don't believe it's going to meet the high bar I have set."
Old 2015-10-08, 09:00   Link #147
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'

well this is a bit..unnerving..

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/8/9477965...ry-clinton-tpp

On Wednesday, Clinton came out against the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal, saying that she's concerned with the provisions around pharmaceuticals and the absence of provisions around currency manipulation. But, as Tim Lee notes, Clinton strongly supported early versions of the deal — she called the TPP "the gold standard in trade agreements" — that were worse on pharmaceuticals and identical on currency manipulation.

Again, the argument here isn't that there aren't reasons to oppose the TPP, but that knowing Clinton's record, her advisors, and her past comments about the deal, it's hard to believe that Clinton really opposes the TPP deal.
Old 2015-10-12, 10:26   Link #148
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Why do I have a feeling a lots of these craps will happen when the TPP passed?

Pokemon 'fan party' organiser being sued for $4000

Basically he was sued because he used the Pikachu image in posters for for a fan-gathering party. Imaging all of the law suit could fly your way in every Animecon now
Old 2015-10-13, 20:34   Link #149
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

http://asia.nikkei.com/Politics-Econ...opyright-rules

In Japan, current status quo in the otaku industry looks set to continue.

As rights holders before TPP have worked hand in hand with the fanbase in a sort of, tacit agreement way while acknowledging the profits this arragement brings, any attempt to target the fanbase should not be so straightforward now
Old 2015-10-15, 00:50   Link #150
c933103
FTNR

But if you draw some, e.g. LL doujinshi or other LL fanmade works, from how the news is worded, it is still not impossible for anyone who hate Loveliver come and say they are in competition with LL official manga or goods and thus reducing their profitability and therefore can still be prosecuted even if rightholder does not press that?
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 06:03   Link #151
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It would take an investigation that would probably involve the original studio.

In such an event, the studio may not support the case. If they themselves say it is not affecting profitability, there's nothing plaintiff can do
Old 2015-10-15, 10:16   Link #152
c933103
FTNR

Still, for those like takotuboya, original work creators generally would not take anything in particular to against them as picking on any individual of them would mean taking alienating all doujin creator unless they are not using copyvio but some other law or in some way that make other believes they will not be affected. However what would happen if someone report takotuboya to prosecutors? Will those originally creator help takotuboya? Even if some of them might, I am pretty sure that's not what all people would do. It just need one case to restrictdoujin creator to think twice before actually drawing something onto doujinshi
Old 2015-10-15, 19:20   Link #153
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Depends on publicity....if it blows up big, and within the otaku circle, news spreads VERY fast.....not doing anything may result in heavy backlash against the original publisher

And if the investigation involves questioning the original publisher, they will have to be proactive in the end anyway...
Old 2015-11-01, 18:11   Link #154
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I've read up a little on the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal. However, there's many specifics on it that I'm unsure about.

From what I've read about it online, Canada's newly elected Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will probably support the TPP. So as a Canadian, this is something that I feel I should become as informed on as possible.

I'm curious to know what impact the TPP will likely have on anime fans that:

1. Acquire anime content online from unofficial or legally dubious sources (i.e. not CrunchyRoll, Hulu, Funimation, or Netflix).

2. Wear anime-based cosplay costumes.

3. Write fanfics based on anime shows/characters.

4. Create AMVs or MADs or similar video fanworks.

5. Create doujins, or buy fanmade doujins.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2015-11-01, 21:18   Link #155
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
1. Acquire anime content online from unofficial or legally dubious sources (i.e. not CrunchyRoll, Hulu, Funimation, or Netflix).
These will get a hit, especially because the TPP allows copyright claims without consent of the copyright holders. (Not sure if this will expand to non-signatories.)

Quote:
2. Wear anime-based cosplay costumes.

3. Write fanfics based on anime shows/characters.

4. Create AMVs or MADs or similar video fanworks.

5. Create doujins, or buy fanmade doujins.
This, however, is a gray area that only the copyright holders can settle. These can be covered under entities that "affect the sales of the original product", but complainants may not understand how fanmade material has positively enforced the reception of anime series, especially very old ones like Evangelion and Sailormoon. These poorly informed people are the reason why AMVs and MADs continue to be shut down.

People should push Japan and licensors outside Japan to clarify this shit about copyright. Implementing this too harshly can actually hurt Crunchyroll and other anime licensing firms more than it seems.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 05:58   Link #156
c933103
FTNR

According to http://togetter.com/li/399927 , quite a few manga publishers like shougakukan and houbunsha once issued guides that effectively mean all secondary creation (doujin) are prohibited. People analyzed that it is a "better safe than sorry" strategy that whenever anything happen like if some other company want to sell things base on their own series, then the publisher can take these guidelines out. But these guidelines could become a problem with TPP.
Old 2015-11-04, 21:29   Link #157
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...0060-zdn_n-sci

Twitter is abuzz with this now.

The arguments against including doujin works under the "crimes that do not require a formal complaint by a victim" as per TPP, put forth by various lobbies like Comiket and Ken Akamatsu's group have been compiled by the Ministry of Culture, Science and Technology's committee of inquiry for culture for deliberation.

According to the chief investigator after the hearing:

"The Committee members have no objection to the arguments put forth. The liberal use of the "Rights holders' views needed for indictment" proviso would make it difficult to implement the restrictive proposal to make doujin works a "crime that does not require a victim's formal complaint""

From Ken Akamatsu's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/KenAkamatsu/stat...06614152802304

"PIXIV and doujin circles are safe with this. Nico Nico still has some unknowns however.

TPP issue is not quite dealt with but this is the status quo for now."
Old 2015-11-07, 01:33   Link #158
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, guess that's it for America.
This could be pretty much "it" for consumers and hobbyists all around the Pacific Rim. This treaty is a massive bag of shit dumped on the world by corporate neo-aristocracy.
Old 2015-11-07, 04:10   Link #159
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This could be pretty much "it" for consumers and hobbyists all around the Pacific Rim. This treaty is a massive bag of shit dumped on the world by corporate neo-aristocracy.
Unfortunately, as barbaric and undoubtedly illegal it is to say it, there's only one surefire way to deal with something like this treaty, and that's to break out the torches and pitchforks, and start putting the members of the neo-aristocracy's heads on pikes.

I do know there's at least one billionaire who said such a thing was coming if the others in the 1% don't stop being such greedy monsters, and I do believe it. When things start improving, it'll be because the rest of the 99% start trying their hand at literal murder of the super-rich.
Old 2015-11-07, 04:23   Link #160
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Or just wait for the system to crash in a decade. We're rapidly reaching the end game of Capitalism anyway. It won't be a pleasant transition though.