AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-01, 21:15   Link #2941
judasmartel
*Author

So there were teleporters among Misaki's clique, huh?

Are those two girls at the end of 49.5 those Water Espers in the anime? If they are, we can finally see how Aquamasters fight.
Old 2012-06-01, 21:47   Link #2942
leukrota

Well, I dunno if they can be called Aquamasters.

Wannai is level 3, which is probably not enough to make those big waves so...

I see three possibilities:
1. Awatsuki is a level 4 aquakinetic esper
2. Wannai and Awatsuki are both level 3 but somehow found a way to make synergy
3. Awatsuki amplifies Wannai's power

Well, whatever the case I look forward to seeing how they kick Baba's ass.

I also expect Mikoto to join them not to late (still after Baba's defeat), since she might be the only one there capable of disabling the nanobots.
Old 2012-06-01, 21:50   Link #2943
Sumeragi
Banned

Wannai Kinuho (short hair) is a Level 3. It's my guess that their anger amplified their powers.
Old 2012-06-01, 22:52   Link #2944
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Their ability is called Hydro Hand, similar to how Mitsuko's (and Saten-san's) ability is called Aero Hand. There's also Uiharu's Thermal Hand.

The odd ones are those who control earth, which is simply called as Psychokinesists, Pyrokinesists, and Electromasters, wherein Mikoto belongs to.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-06-01, 23:38   Link #2945
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well it's not that hard to connect the dots, their ability focuses on their hands, so it's called Something-hand.

Misaka is a 'Meister' because her control over her element isn't restricted... This isn't officially mentioned of course but it makes sense.
Old 2012-06-02, 04:50   Link #2946
judasmartel
*Author

BEARS SAYING:

"Wannai, use Bubble!"
"Misaka, use Thunder Shock!"

I smell Big Damn Heroes from Mikoto here.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:30   Link #2947
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Misaka is a 'Meister' because her control over her element isn't restricted... This isn't officially mentioned of course but it makes sense.
Take note that there's another Electromaster mentioned during Volume 8, so we can't just say that Mikoto is the reason why Electromasters have "master" on the name.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:52   Link #2948
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Take note that there's another Electromaster mentioned during Volume 8, so we can't just say that Mikoto is the reason why Electromasters have "master" on the name.
Nono, what I meant is that unlike 'Hand-users', 'masters' seem to have full control of their element- meaning they could create those energies out from any and every part of their body, or that their AIM field covers more.
Old 2012-06-02, 15:11   Link #2949
Inept Forum User

Speaking of Volume 8, didn't it say Kuroko was the only teleporter at Tokiwadai Middle?
Old 2012-06-02, 16:01   Link #2950
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^ Are we sure they teleported up? I'm sure that there are other means they could have used to get up there.
Old 2012-06-02, 16:14   Link #2951
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well it's not that hard to connect the dots, their ability focuses on their hands, so it's called Something-hand.

Where'd you get that from?

Judging from what we heard from Kuroyoru, using hands or not isn't an indication of level, but rather of application.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-06-02, 17:20   Link #2952
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Where'd you get that from?

Judging from what we heard from Kuroyoru, using hands or not isn't an indication of level, but rather of application.
I never said it indicates their level -_-
Old 2012-06-02, 19:28   Link #2953
Flere821
Lurker

Aaand chapter's out (in case people don't know yet). Level 4s are still powerful it seems (needless to say not even close to Level 5 HAX), and Baba's about to get owned HARD. Can't wait for next chapter
Old 2012-06-02, 23:25   Link #2954
judasmartel
*Author

Yes, Level 4s are still powerful, although we don't see much level 4 espers with purely offensive abilities (not sure but Graviton springs into mind).

What makes Level 4s with not-so-offensive abilities powerful is their creativity in using their esper powers. Kuroko's Teleport for example, is something you can't use offensively in a direct way like say, "Master" abilities. But she can teleport herself to dodge attacks and displace concrete (and possibly metal) with glass to bring huge structures down on top of her opponents.

Kongou's quite powerful with Aero Hand, too. Like Mikoto's Electromaster, there's pretty much no limit to her abilities (she can actually conjure air from pretty much anywhere, even in areas with barely no wind such as the place where Baba took her to, as long as there's a pressure point available).

From what I'm reading here, it seems the difference between "Master" and "Hand" abilities is that Master-type espers don't need a pressure point to control their elements unlike Hand-types.
Old 2012-06-05, 23:26   Link #2955
kagato3

someone has never heard of telefraging it looks like. Kuroko could be one of the most lethal persons if she lacked morals. That building trick she could do to people and she has used a less lethal version with her spikes.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2012-06-06, 00:00   Link #2956
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
someone has never heard of telefraging it looks like. Kuroko could be one of the most lethal persons if she lacked morals. That building trick she could do to people and she has used a less lethal version with her spikes.
Kuroko is way up there in being a latent lethal lady. It's possible that not even Accelerator could stand up to her if she wields the right nasty trick. If you wanted to arm a near invulnerable Army, her power is awfully hard to pass up. For now I'll let you guess how, but Kuroko ought also be capable of (actually, would've been doing it all along -- creative oversight) of generating some pretty hefty local "sonic boom" type "implosions" with perhaps the near wallop of a hand-grenade. Surely more than enough to stun the unprepared nearby. Also technically, she can qualify as a "flying" being if she "hopscotches" across the skies right. If you take the using right tactics into account using her power, Kuroko is an honorary "5" in being formidable.

(OT: The manga "Idol Pretender" has a fun Kuroko clone named Subaru Aoi)
Old 2012-06-06, 12:31   Link #2957
kagato3

She has too many limits to be a level 5 but level 4's are able to take on army battalions alone. Accelerater still wins as no trick is likely able to put him in situation that would take him out due to her limits.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2012-06-06, 14:35   Link #2958
leukrota

I don't think Kuroko could take out Accelerator, not because of her power but due to her mentality. Still, there are definitely tricks that can be used against him as it has been proved in the novels... Though that's all I can say without spoiling much, this is not the proper thread to discuss this after all.
Old 2012-06-06, 15:08   Link #2959
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I think it was mentioned somewhere that Accelerator can block teleportation, but weird things happen when he does.

Even if it did work though, Accelerator would still crush her. He's not called the strongest level 5 for nothing.

And you can't really call Kuroko an honorary level 5, even Musujime who is a much stronger teleporter than her isn't a level 5.
Old 2012-06-06, 16:06   Link #2960
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

All Teleporters have one weakness, and that is they don't dare hit what they can't see.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen