AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-31, 13:53   Link #2721
Kakurin
大佐

The development of the Chitoge faces in the last two pages is just adorable. From anxiety to relief to embarrassment.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-03-31, 14:01   Link #2722
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Chitoge should just go away back to America
I would disagree with that chitoge's not bad but people lose the fact that raku has far less interest in her than the other girls in fact if I were to rate the main 4 girls as far as Raku's view of them. Chitoge, marika, tsugumi, and Kosaki Ondera.
I'd rate chitoge last of those 4. My ranking as far as Raku is concerned.
1. Kosaki Onodera
2. Marika
3. Tsugumi
4. Chitoge
The reason I put tsugumi higher is because he's shown interest in her far more than Chitoge and the fact is he's acknowledged publicly that tsugumi is attractive.
(Attractiveness I actually think Tsugumi is probably #2 of the 4 main girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
The development of the Chitoge faces in the last two pages is just adorable. From anxiety to relief to embarrassment.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
well yea that's because chitoge has historically not shown many emotions other then anger and the only times raku finds her attractive are when those emotions are there.
Comically Chitoge would in the violent tsundere teir of girls. In fact I'd say besides marika the other 3 girls are tsundere's. marika is a yandere IMO
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 14:06   Link #2723
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The reason I put tsugumi higher is because he's shown interest in her far more than Chitoge and the fact is he's acknowledged publicly that tsugumi is attractive.
He's also acknowledged to himself that Chitoge's quite attractive, so I can't really comprehend that you rank the two of them using this specific argument.
Old 2014-03-31, 14:35   Link #2724
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
well yea that's because chitoge has historically not shown many emotions other then anger and the only times raku finds her attractive are when those emotions are there.
Comically Chitoge would in the violent tsundere teir of girls. In fact I'd say besides marika the other 3 girls are tsundere's. marika is a yandere IMO
Marika's no yandere. If she were, she would have killed Chitoge a long time ago. She's just really passionate and expressive.

Kosaki is the one who has been shown to have yandere tendencies, but it's played for laughs.
Old 2014-03-31, 15:38   Link #2725
Gundamx

Quote:
People don't seem to get this but Raku has zero feeling for chitoge and zero interest in her. Its not that he doenst notice its that he doesn't pay attention to anybody but Dera. The girl from his past would be of interest but that's been blatantly ignored.
are you mistaken anime for manga thread?
eh already started to have some feeling for her which he try to denied
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 17:49   Link #2726
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
He's also acknowledged to himself that Chitoge's quite attractive, so I can't really comprehend that you rank the two of them using this specific argument.
I agree he's acknowledged that but the thing is for the most part after tsugumi is revealed as a girl he acknowledges her attractiveness and for the most part has positive reactions. As far as Raku's concerned chitoge is mostly annoying despite that and if they weren't in the fake relationship those two would probably have tried to kill her. (Then again this is my view so u are welcome to question it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Marika's no yandere. If she were, she would have killed Chitoge a long time ago. She's just really passionate and expressive.

Kosaki is the one who has been shown to have yandere tendencies, but it's played for laughs.
Kanon that may be true on both ends but marika's also the most dangerous of the girls keep in mind this is a girl who named her parrot raku-sama and taught it dirty words to say to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
are you mistaken anime for manga thread?
eh already started to have some feeling for her which he try to denied
The only time he had feelings for her was when he questioned if she was the promised girl after that they pretty much try to bite each others heads off
Old 2014-03-31, 18:09   Link #2727
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

^
More than outright hate (although at the very beggining it probably was hate), it's banter, they both enjoy to piss off the other, but when it matters they can and do get along really well.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 18:47   Link #2728
Dorsai

Omg there was already a LOT of moments, where we clearly saw that Raku already have feelings for Chitoge... And its not only her looks, Raku already proved that psychical attractiveness isnt most important for him and he started to develop feelings for her only after knowing her better... Its usual thing in romances where main girl is tsundere, protagonist start to slowly fall in love with girl when she started to show whats inside her (Toradora for example). Chitoge is girl with whom he spend most of his time and bcs of this he know her best. Its ironic that he know Kosaki for a lot longer time, but bcs of their "problems" they doesnt really know each other.. It took them some years to even just say hello to each other...

After Romeo and Julia, Chitoge mother arcs, lie detector chapter and a lot more of chapters focused on serious story development its obvious that Raku is in love with Chitoge (ofc he still didnt realised it). Ofc his one sided crush on Kosaki is still there, but to realise difference between these two feelings he need some serious drama...

Marika isnt yandere... She already clearly said that she dont want Raku to force into loving her but she rather want him to fall in love with her with his own will... Thats something yandere would never ever try...

And one last thing... Author is trying to show us that even secondary characters got development and bcs of this we got chance to know them better... But if you look closely then every serious story development happen when story focus on Chitoge (plus some little moments with Marika, but its bcs she is only one who remember whats happened in their childhood). Sometimes author is giving shippers false hope that Kosaki will have chance to shine and make step forward (Romeo and Julia, field trip, amnesia arcc etv etc) but then focus is changed to Chitoge imidiately again and she is one who make this step in her relationshil with Raku, instead of Kosaki... Do you really think its all time just coincidence? If Kosaki would have any chance to win in end there would be some development long time ago and she would win focus at least ome time...

Imperial i cant stop laughting after seeing your poll... Are you for real? Did yoy really read this manga? And Kosaki is tsundere for you? WTF?

Last edited by Dorsai; 2014-03-31 at 19:10.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 18:58   Link #2729
Death Usagi
Banned

Except as seen by Marika's past in her middle school days, she can actually be very dangerous...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 19:21   Link #2730
Dorsai

But Marika isnt girl who do it herself, she always use other people to do dirty work... She is fighting using her cuning mind, not her own hands ;p And yandere usually use their own hands to hold knife ;p

All of that pictures of Chitoge emotions were really good... But for me best one in this chapter was when Chitoge was looking into sky while thinking about love... So symbolic

Last edited by Dorsai; 2014-03-31 at 19:37.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 19:41   Link #2731
Death Usagi
Banned

I don't think I can really get to like Chitoge that much...

More like I seriously don't want an "Main Cover Girl wins" ending where the other girls all get rejected for this series...
Old 2014-03-31, 19:48   Link #2732
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

There's just something to a defrosting tsundere that I really enjoy, that's why I like Chitoge more than any of the other girls, maybe I'm an M deep down?
Old 2014-03-31, 20:09   Link #2733
Death Usagi
Banned

Some Tsundere characters really get tiring or annoying after time passes and it really depends on how they are portrayed.

In Chitoge's case, her characteristics are just plain annoying.
Old 2014-03-31, 22:25   Link #2734
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Omg there was already a LOT of moments, where we clearly saw that Raku already have feelings for Chitoge... And its not only her looks, Raku already proved that psychical attractiveness isnt most important for him and he started to develop feelings for her only after knowing her better... Its usual thing in romances where main girl is tsundere, protagonist start to slowly fall in love with girl when she started to show whats inside her (Toradora for example). Chitoge is girl with whom he spend most of his time and bcs of this he know her best. Its ironic that he know Kosaki for a lot longer time, but bcs of their "problems" they doesnt really know each other.. It took them some years to even just say hello to each other...

After Romeo and Julia, Chitoge mother arcs, lie detector chapter and a lot more of chapters focused on serious story development its obvious that Raku is in love with Chitoge (ofc he still didnt realised it). Ofc his one sided crush on Kosaki is still there, but to realise difference between these two feelings he need some serious drama...

Marika isnt yandere... She already clearly said that she dont want Raku to force into loving her but she rather want him to fall in love with her with his own will... Thats something yandere would never ever try...

And one last thing... Author is trying to show us that even secondary characters got development and bcs of this we got chance to know them better... But if you look closely then every serious story development happen when story focus on Chitoge (plus some little moments with Marika, but its bcs she is only one who remember whats happened in their childhood). Sometimes author is giving shippers false hope that Kosaki will have chance to shine and make step forward (Romeo and Julia, field trip, amnesia arcc etv etc) but then focus is changed to Chitoge imidiately again and she is one who make this step in her relationshil with Raku, instead of Kosaki... Do you really think its all time just coincidence? If Kosaki would have any chance to win in end there would be some development long time ago and she would win focus at least ome time...

Imperial i cant stop laughting after seeing your poll... Are you for real? Did yoy really read this manga? And Kosaki is tsundere for you? WTF?
well dorsal chitoge is the lead girl in the manga so naturally most progression happens with her. My point is not from the view of the creator or the manga chitoge Is the lead girl but of Raku his feelings for onodera are far greater maybe he does have some feelings for chitoge that's true but his feelings for dera are far greater
Kosaki is a tsundere to me because she pretty much hides her feelings behind a brick wall and gets embarrassed as hell when they're called out.
As for these moments you speak of name them to me because I cant think of many
Old 2014-03-31, 23:29   Link #2735
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

^
Ain't the definition of tsundere the dishonesty about her/his feelings, and antagonistic behavior? Kosaki it's not really a tsundere as much as she's a really, extremely shy girl...
And you don't need to go meta to realize Raku does feel something for Chitoge, there's a lot of in universe reasons.
Old 2014-04-01, 00:17   Link #2736
larethian

Quote:
well dorsal chitoge is the lead girl in the manga so naturally most progression happens with her. My point is not from the view of the creator or the manga chitoge Is the lead girl but of Raku his feelings for onodera are far greater maybe he does have some feelings for chitoge that's true but his feelings for dera are far greater
Kosaki is a tsundere to me because she pretty much hides her feelings behind a brick wall and gets embarrassed as hell when they're called out.
As for these moments you speak of name them to me because I cant think of many
Hmm, how did you quantify 'greater'? Raku has a crush on Kosaki and vice versa at the beginning. But a crush is, a crush. Infatuation. Sure, the crush can blossom into love as Raku gets to know Kosaki better and better, but much remains to be seen. If we are quantifying 'feelings of blossoming love' based on more intimate/familiar knowledge/interaction of/with each girl, I don't think Chitoge stands below Kosaki (if anything, Chitoge probably wins Kosaki in this respect). If we're the taking the initial crush into consideration, then yes, Kosaki may stand above Chitoge. But I personally won't count the crush.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 01:30   Link #2737
Chosen_Hero

Just read chapter 116... so the author retconned the whole thing about Chitoge's food looking weird but having great taste from the beginning of the series? Don't know how I feel about that. Still a good chapter.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 04:31   Link #2738
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Finally a Chitoge chapter. It's been awhile man.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 05:01   Link #2739
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Hmm, how did you quantify 'greater'? Raku has a crush on Kosaki and vice versa at the beginning. But a crush is, a crush. Infatuation. Sure, the crush can blossom into love as Raku gets to know Kosaki better and better, but much remains to be seen. If we are quantifying 'feelings of blossoming love' based on more intimate/familiar knowledge/interaction of/with each girl, I don't think Chitoge stands below Kosaki (if anything, Chitoge probably wins Kosaki in this respect). If we're the taking the initial crush into consideration, then yes, Kosaki may stand above Chitoge. But I personally won't count the crush.
First off to ignore the crush ruins you're argument and while u may be talking about blossoming love there really isn't any from raku chitoge is having a wildfire of emotions on her side but raku not so much still heavy team kosaki. Yes he acknowledge's she's attractive
Okay lets look at a few of the major points of things with raku and chitoge.

First off even as a fake couple they do an incredibly crappy job of it for the most part (anybody whose not clueless could tell they were faking by their actions towards each other)
When they all come over to tutor at rakus house all he thinks about is kosaki (even when he's trapped with chitoge yes he blushes but damn if you were above a girl like that you'd blush too even if you didn't like her that much its guy nature.
The pool scene when he has to teach kosaki to swim. He doesn't react at all really to chitoge in a bikini and goes mush for kosaki (Point dera). Plus the whole time he's thinking about how he can explain the misunderstanding to kosaki when everyone saw them like that.
Yes he saves chitoge when she drowns but that has nothing to do with his feelings but that's his personality too.
The school trip is a nice little twist and you'd think it'd be more interesting but remember this. When he's told he gets to hold hands with somebody the first thing that pops into his mind is holding hands with kosaki and he pretty much prays to get it (plus did u see his face when he did)
He does leave to save chitoge I acknowledge that however he's the only one of the group who knows about her fear of the darkness and knows she'd be helpless (I highly suspect tsugumi knows very few of her fears in these regards)
There are more but most of the moments are forced by the fact that she has to interact with raku because of the fake relationship and raku's personality.
Even the whole zwase in love thing. He thought the possibility that chitoge was the girl was surprising but still is in overwhelming favor to consider kosaki (plus if a girl says she'll let you do anything you want you're gonna get nervous almost regardless of the girl its guy nature 101)
Old 2014-04-01, 05:07   Link #2740
R.LocK
My turn

Damn, I love authors poking fun at the animation.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life