AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 21 25.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 23.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 26.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 13.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 4.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-13, 17:18   Link #41
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'm rooting for an Ayase ending - and the fact that Ayase remains the only one who Kyousuke continuously pesters and pursues at his own volition keeps my residual hope alive that it does happen.

Looking forward to Ayase's change-of-heart eps.
Ditto all of this.

I may not like abusive female characters (the ones who are irrationally abusive anyway), but Ayase is still my favorite OreImo girl.
Old 2013-04-13, 17:37   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh wow, this episode was awesome. Easily one of the best episode of the series. I didn't think it was possible for me to love an episode without Kuroneko in it so much. The fact this story isn't from the light novel is actually kind of worrisome and sad because that was a lot better than what we usually get. The comedy was top notch and the characters were a lot more likable than usual, Kyousuke in particular. He... he actually had good retorts! A more aggressive personality! And more importantly, he was actually hilarious! He should always be like this. Too bad he'll probably go back to being boring next week.

It was also the first time in the series I noticed such a strong resemblance between the two siblings. Their reaction to the game were creepily similar. If Kyousuke played more date sims, he and Kirino would get along very well.

Ayase was also very nice this week. I enjoyed her reaction to Kyousuke's "harassment". Her earnest effort to make up with Kirino were endearing. I take note that she seemed pretty happy when she thought Kirino wanted her to become her girlfriend. Two yuri tease in two episodes...
Old 2013-04-13, 17:41   Link #43
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh wow, this episode was awesome. Easily one of the best episode of the series. I didn't think it was possible for me to love an episode without Kuroneko in it so much. The fact this story isn't from the light novel is actually kind of worrisome and sad because that was a lot better than what we usually get. The comedy was top notch and the characters were a lot more likable than usual, Kyousuke in particular. He... he actually had good retorts! A more aggressive personality! And more importantly, he was actually hilarious! He should always be like this. Too bad he'll probably go back to being boring next week.

It was also the first time in the series I noticed such a strong resemblance between the two siblings. Their reaction to the game were creepily similar. If Kyousuke played more date sims, he and Kirino would get along very well.

Ayase was also very nice this week. I enjoyed her reaction to Kyousuke's "harassment". Her earnest effort to make up with Kirino were endearing. I take note that she seemed pretty happy when she thought Kirino wanted her to become her girlfriend. Two yuri tease in two episodes...
Kyousuke's has always been like that. The anime just cut his awesome lines by half. This will pretty much be his permanent personality from now on.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-04-13 at 18:40.
Old 2013-04-13, 17:41   Link #44
taichi-kun

This episode was awesome

So vol 6 was sacrificed to have this one.
Old 2013-04-13, 17:47   Link #45
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
This episode was awesome

So vol 6 was sacrificed to have this one.
Spoiler for Light comparison to the novels, Vol. 6:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-13 at 17:58.
Old 2013-04-13, 17:53   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Kyousuke's has always been like that. The anime just cut his awesome lines by half. This will pretty much be his permanent personality from now on.
I hope you're right, because I really liked him in this ep. Why makes you think his treatment in the second season will be better? Did they change some staff?
Old 2013-04-13, 18:01   Link #47
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Why makes you think his treatment in the second season will be better? Did they change some staff?
The key staff for the second season is the same. I assume it's just speculation based on what he knows about the source material, but that makes it inappropriate for this thread.

(Even though it wasn't a story from the novel, but from a drama CD, it isn't necessarily out of canon. This is very much a mixed-media franchise.)
Old 2013-04-13, 18:20   Link #48
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
I hope you're right, because I really liked him in this ep. Why makes you think his treatment in the second season will be better? Did they change some staff?
I'm primarily going to be focusing on Kirino's treatment of Kyousuke in order to answer your question without using spoilers so please bear with me. The response will be pretty long so if that's okay with you, I'll post it. I'll be using the true route and the first two episodes of season 2 in comparison of season 1 first 2 episodes and the rest of season 1's episodes relentlessflame so don't worry about spoilers. Unless Kirino being stubborn is a spoiler.
Old 2013-04-13, 18:32   Link #49
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
I'm primarily going to be focusing on Kirino's treatment of Kyousuke in order to answer your question without using spoilers so please bear with me. The response will be pretty long so if that's okay with you, I'll post it. I'll be using the true route and the first two episodes of season 2 in comparison of season 1 first 2 episodes and the rest of season 1's episodes relentlessflame so don't worry about spoilers. Unless Kirino being stubborn is a spoiler.
Could you post it either in the Q&A thread, or in Kyousuke's character thread? I just don't want to derail this thread with extensive comparisons that aren't really about this episode.
Old 2013-04-13, 18:40   Link #50
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Could you post it either in the Q&A thread, or in Kyousuke's character thread? I just don't want to derail this thread with extensive comparisons that aren't really about this episode.
That's fine. Which is why I asked for permission before posting it.
Old 2013-04-13, 18:53   Link #51
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Ayase: "I think you're a complete pervert who sexually harasses others!"

Kyousuke: "Don't misunderstand me, now. The only one I sexually harass is you!"

^_^

Haaah, this is lovely. And - as absurd as it seems - it's pretty much true.

I'm rooting for an Ayase ending - and the fact that Ayase remains the only one who Kyousuke continuously pesters and pursues at his own volition keeps my residual hope alive that it does happen.

Looking forward to Ayase's change-of-heart eps.
Hi Mentar. I actually found myself wondering during this episode if you still considered Manami bland vanilla pudding. (I have a good memory) She seems spunkier and more animated this season. She's cute and growing on me.

The complete lack of Kuroneko is indeed a great tragedy, but this episode was good enough that I didn't mind much. Ayase is just as I remember, kind of a cunt but cute and charming enough that it's hard not to love her. I wouldn't mind if Ayase did kill Kanako, or whatever redhead girl's name is. It's not often that I consider an anime character to be rotten to the core, but Kanako comes pretty close.

As everyone else mentioned, the 'You're the only one I sexually harass!' remark was classic. Kirino's 'Not even I hate him that much' line was also funny, and it was nice that Ayase being lesbian for Kirino made the shift from subtext to supertext.
Old 2013-04-13, 18:55   Link #52
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... Ayase's scarily good at the whole yandere look, isn't she?

That throwaway line on the back of the box should've been a warning sign, Kyousuke.
Old 2013-04-13, 19:04   Link #53
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... Ayase's scarily good at the whole yandere look, isn't she?
I love to watch her in yandere mode because she looks at her best when entering that mode.
Images
yandere
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

But yeah, Ayase needs to be more deredere around Kyousuke, just like in the ED

Old 2013-04-13, 19:08   Link #54
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

After the whole "I love my little sister!" bit in season 1, fat chance of that ever happening.
Old 2013-04-13, 19:38   Link #55
YourIdeas

Kyousuke must be full on M, if he's willing to throw Ayase comments like that. Nothetheless, their interactions are fun to watch, even if they feel a bit more over the top than last season. I actually thought that him staying up all night and Manami appearing in his room was a dream sequence, because it was so uncharacteristic of what I've known Kyousuke for. I love how he gets as easily caught up in the game as Kirino did, though I couldn't blame him given that Ayaka-tan was an Ayase-expy played straight, right down to the hidden yandere route.

I don't remember Ayase being this obviously lesbian (or at the very least, overly concerned) but it's a welcome change. She's more accepting of Kirino's hobby it seems, though she's still a bit freaked by Kirino's perv face, but still suffers from jealousy. Either way, that yandere route was easily the best moment of the episode and caught me by surprised.

Kirino apparently still understands the fine line between games and reality. "Ayaka-san dayo" is cute as all hell, "Ayase-san dayo" is just creepy as fuck.
Old 2013-04-13, 19:42   Link #56
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
Kyousuke must be full on M, if he's willing to throw Ayase comments like that. Nothetheless, their interactions are fun to watch, even if they feel a bit more over the top than last season. I actually thought that him staying up all night and Manami appearing in his room was a dream sequence, because it was so uncharacteristic of what I've known Kyousuke for. I love how he gets as easily caught up in the game as Kirino did, though I couldn't blame him given that Ayaka-tan was an Ayase-expy played straight, right down to the hidden yandere route.
I'd rather think that he is used to harsh treatment (like Saori) so that much won't affect him anymore
This eps is nice to watch, especially after Kyousuke turned into a 100% pervert otaku. His conversation with Ayase is so damn funny to watch
Old 2013-04-13, 20:05   Link #57
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As someone who absolutely adores Yandere, Hayamin didn't sell it to me. Not crazy sounding enough I suppose. Makes me wonder if it would've been better to switch HanaKana and Hayamin's casting, as HanaKana can do BATSHIT INSANE CRAZY while Hayamin has done (and is even currently doing this cour in another show) a character like Kuroneko before.

Well, at least Ayase looked crazy I guess...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-04-13, 20:36   Link #58
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Pretty good episode, but disappointed to find out that this was basically anime original. Oh well. But still enjoyable nonetheless. Ore no Imouto seems to be at its best when they contrast the otaku fantasies with the character's less fantastic lives. That's where its humor is often at its sweet spot.
Old 2013-04-13, 20:44   Link #59
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Simple but amusing episode.

It was nice to see Yandere Ayase again, but I was taken aback at how Manami just walked into Kyosuke's room like it was natural for her to do so which we never got to see any of that in the previous season.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2013-04-13, 20:53   Link #60
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Simple but amusing episode.

It was nice to see Yandere Ayase again, but I was taken aback at how Manami just walked into Kyosuke's room like it was natural for her to do so which we never got to see any of that in the previous season.
Well, after what happened last time she was in his room, how could it get any more embarrassing for her?