AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-10, 17:22   Link #41
JonSnow

I'm starting to think that Bartolomeo's not a bad person after all, he didn't have to expand his shield to protect the crowd...and what's inside his suitcase, a bomb or the little birdy that he just mentioned?
Old 2013-07-10, 23:28   Link #42
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I don't see Enel becoming Luffy's ally... but who knows...
That's because it's a misinterpretation of Hawkeye's comment. His comment was more along the lines of "Luffy's most dangerous ability is his power to make allies", sometimes out of complete strangers

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2013-07-11, 14:33   Link #43
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
He's the guy with the barrier fruit. I was hoping Bellamy to join Luffy's crew. Truly, Hawkeye was right, anyone whom he beats is his ally (or Bellamy will die under Dofla's assassins or Dofla himself).
Yes Is he going to be friendly to luffy?

I can't remember anyone closely resembling him beyond maybe Mahmoo? Given the interaction so far guessing "that guy" is Luffy and Bartolomeo is a big fan.

Last edited by golgo13; 2013-07-11 at 14:33. Reason: word
Old 2013-07-13, 10:30   Link #44
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
DF users don't lose their abilities in the sea (otherwise Luffy wouldn't be able to fight Hody), they lose their strength and thus slowly start to faint.
Another example would Aokiji who can freeze the sea.
Beating her is probably key to turning themselves and the ship back.

Any way highlights of the chapter.

Bartolomeo is apparently an old acquaintance
Have we ever seen him before? Or a possible likeness? He's pretty unique after all.

Bellamy actually conflicted.
I'm not that big fan of a redemption for a supposedly super evil guy, but it might give the SH's an unexpected ally which could be fun.

The strongest (if translation is correct) mercenary just got knocked out in 1 punch.
Hurray for pissed of Luffy. Is the bull actually dead though? It's not a person so it's not as clear cut.
Do wonder though if the other people in his group are actually stronger. Like Don Chinjao for example.

Weird art woman actually posing a threat to the crew...
I hope she get swatted soon. She should be on baby 5's level not something 3 strawhats should struggle against and she just annoys me... She's like an annoying version of bon-chan. But it seems Momonosuke noticed something, could be the clue to beat her (one panel defeat please).

That Ricky Rebecca thing is going to drag horribly, I can just feel it. Nothing about their relationship interests me at the moment. The toy soldier could change that though, hope we won't have too many wasted panels on this uninteresting back story.

Not that much plot movement, but we do get to see Luffy kick ass which is never a bad thing.
I think you exaggerate when calling Bellamy a super evil guy Even in his first appearance he was a jerk More than being evil
Old 2013-07-13, 17:14   Link #45
Kiltias

I'm absolutely not the kind who goes all Nakama this one and that one, but good effing Lord, with this chapter I'd be really more surprised if Rebecca won't join the Strawhats.

Nakama indication is very very strong in this chapter.Holy crap.O__o
Old 2013-07-13, 17:52   Link #46
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
I'm absolutely not the kind who goes all Nakama this one and that one, but good effing Lord, with this chapter I'd be really more surprised if Rebecca won't join the Strawhats.

I wouldn't say that... IMO Rebecca's role is more like that father's & daughter's from Skypiea
Old 2013-07-13, 22:49   Link #47
marvelB

Something interesting to note: There's a digitally colored version of this chapter (raw) that was released pretty recently by SJ (note that it was NOT Oda himself who colored it, but the Jump staff). So how's about a few samples, guys?

Spoiler for OP in color:

Credit goes to various members from AP for posting these!
Old 2013-07-14, 01:41   Link #48
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post

We would first need a tragic flashback for her character first (preferably one with a character dying)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2013-07-14, 03:53   Link #49
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
I think you exaggerate when calling Bellamy a super evil guy Even in his first appearance he was a jerk More than being evil
Yeah oke I might have slightly exaggerated. Still dislike seeing some supposed asshole getting the "he's actually all right treatment". However the same happened with Helmeppo so it's nothing new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Something interesting to note: There's a digitally colored version of this chapter (raw) that was released pretty recently by SJ (note that it was NOT Oda himself who colored it, but the Jump staff). So how's about a few samples, guys?

Spoiler for OP in color:

Looks great.
Do they have some form of online subscription for one piece in Japan? Or are they planning one? Because this looks like excellent promotion material.
Old 2013-07-14, 16:58   Link #50
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:

Spoiler for OP in color:

Those look really great, and the color makes it that much more entertaining
Old 2013-07-14, 17:23   Link #51
JonSnow

Brook's ghost would be a good distraction for the ship's intruders and i'm sure Nami can still use her weather controling weapon. Can Chopper even transform in his state right now?
Old 2013-07-15, 13:56   Link #52
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Anyone have theories of what the connection of Bartolomeo and Luffy is? Or where we've seen Bartolomeo before? Or who he is?
Old 2013-07-15, 23:34   Link #53
marvelB

Another week, another thread.
Old 2013-07-16, 12:22   Link #54
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I wouldn't say that... IMO Rebecca's role is more like that father's & daughter's from Skypiea
Chapter 323.

Luffy said he wants a Bronze Statue on his ship.

Bronze Statue = Kyros = Ricky = Has some Relationship with Rebecca who admires/likes the Bronze Statue.

Luffy said he looks like Kyros when he first saw it.
Noone knows who Kyros is.
Kyros = Strongest Gladiator of Corrida.
Luffy just oneshotted a Giant.
Kyros received only 1 wound, Luffy has the major scar on his chest.

Again, Luffy wants a Bronze Statue on his Ship.
The Main additive of Bronze is Tin, which is what the Toy Soldier is made of.
Rebecca wants the Mera Mera/Fire Fruit.

How is Bronze made?
Melt Copper with Fire and add Tin.

Rebecca and Toy Soldier are based upon the Steadfast Tin Soldier Tale.
In the Tale, the Toy Tin Soldier dies by a fire and melts into a Heart.
It's the Lover, the Ballerina falls into the Fire as well only her spangle remaining.
Spangle/Sequins tend to use Copper Material.

Rebecca + "Sol" + Fire = Bronze Statue
Should also be noted that "Sol" even refers to Sun.

And in this chapter, Rebecca is already amused at Luffy.
Look back to 711.
A girl is playing with a Monkey telling it to wait, Rebecca watches in amusement.

Quote:

Anyone have theories of what the connection of Bartolomeo and Luffy is? Or where we've seen Bartolomeo before? Or who he is?
Stelly.
Remember how Bart threw Maynard into the trash?
Look at Sabo's Flashback.
Stelly went on and on about the people lying in heaps of trash and how they all will be burned.
Old 2013-07-19, 05:40   Link #55
Veviticus

I would love it if Rebecca joined the crew. We need more females on the team. But I don't know what she'll add to the crew. If she's a swordman, we already have Zoro and brook. Maybe being a gladiator, she'll master a wide range of different weapons
Old 2013-07-25, 01:47   Link #56
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Uh.... so apparently that part of the spoiler about Nami's group being turned into toys was a mistake on the original spoiler provider's part (not Redon, but the source he got it from). The matter hasn't been clarified yet, though (and probably won't be until the chapter's release). Until then, I'm personally going to guess that rather than being turned into toys, they were attacked by a toy person with a DF power. At least that would grant my wish of there being a toyman as an arc boss!

Also, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Lucy team up with the Fighting Bull. I wonder if it's just pure coincidence that the bull's name is Wucy....?
Funny how one of the guidelines you listed says "spoilers will not be posted in this thread" yet this has spoilers.
Old 2013-07-25, 04:35   Link #57
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Funny how one of the guidelines you listed says "spoilers will not be posted in this thread" yet this has spoilers.
It reads "spoilers will not be policed", meaning it's not an infraction if you post spoilers and you don't have to fear getting a warning by the admins because this is a manga-thread.
Closed Thread