AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-03, 16:16   Link #21
Adventury
Rail Tracer

I would like to believe that the info about 13 episodes run is just a nasty rumour, but I think it's better to be aware of that possibility and set expectations accordingly. Anyway, I'm still interested in what they'll pull off fom these spiffy novels; the PV looks quite promising.
Adventury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 15:39   Link #22
Adventury
Rail Tracer

Is there anyone willing to translate this - http://www.baccano.jp/special/08.html - brief Staff Interview?
Old 2007-07-05, 15:54   Link #23
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

This Anime looks good. I like the old American setting.

Then I read the story... 1711 Atlantic Ocean, alchemists leave their homeland to seek a new home and received the "Wine of Immortality". 200 years later they're living in New York 1930 and the Wine is revived, trouble brews.

Soon the Flying Pussy Foot Express train arrives bringing with it legendary beings known as "Rail Tracers", beings who trail in the shadows and make the passengers disappear.

Somehow the first thought that came to me was "Full Metal Alchemist". Still interested in watching this, though.
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 10:00   Link #24
Adventury
Rail Tracer

There is some new stuff up (like screenshots) at the official website.
Old 2007-07-08, 08:30   Link #25
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

^ Yep the screenshots gives us a nice look at characters (and some that haven't been listed on the site). The designs aren't quite as sharp or energetic as Enami Katsumi's original designs, but they're quite distinctive all the same.

I've seen most of Summer's offering and aside from Mushi-uta nothing really got me interested, I still have my hopes set on Baccano as being the top show for Summer.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 09:29   Link #26
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I just saw the trailer and I absolutely loved it *_* I totally can't wait to watch this series xD The music is still in the back of my head xD The sound of trains reminds me of it xD Kyaaaaaa!!!!!! I am soooo excited =3
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 09:36   Link #27
NeoSam

The first volume of the shounen manga Baccano! 1931 The Grand Punk Railroad (based on the shounen light novel Baccano!) will be released on 27/7/2007.

I'll post its cover when its available.

I'm so looking forward for the anime >.<
Old 2007-07-08, 09:44   Link #28
Adventury
Rail Tracer

Alas, according to Syoboi this will only be 13 episodes. Anyway,
I'm still interested in checking the results.
Old 2007-07-08, 10:00   Link #29
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

The recent Sisters of Wellber is a good example of a show slated for 13 episode got a second season confirmed the same week the last episode aired. With Baccano there's more than enough material for a second season. So we may get more if the show is a winner. It's seems pretty ambitious for just 13 episodes..
Old 2007-07-10, 17:59   Link #30
Adventury
Rail Tracer

The character list got updated along with a relation chart. Quite a lot of characters, one might say...
Old 2007-07-11, 09:51   Link #31
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

With those many characters, the relation chart was huge as well x_x Sadly, my japanese sucks . . . so I don't understand the text of the relations and neither do I get all those pink lines, green lines, blue lines, etc.

x_x

I will be glad if someone can explain what those mean ^^; Please? ^^;
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 16:45   Link #32
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Can anyone confirm if this is a new trailer or not? Or is it the 2:52 min one that's already been subbed.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 17:12   Link #33
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Yep it's new. It's more than a trailer though, it's a featurette with a ton of snippets and behind the scenes footage, interviews, the crew going to New York to gather research material etc... Overall it looks really cool and, it has to be said, incredibly violent too.

Tip: You need to open the video via IE 7 on Windows XP or Vista. Its drm'd.
Old 2007-07-25, 12:41   Link #34
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Yeah, I know. But for some reason it won't work on my pc. Works fine on my laptop though. Must be because I have a virus on my pc or something.
Thanks for confirming.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 13:52   Link #35
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 1:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 18:04   Link #36
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

A pretty quality first episode, though I think it sort of lost its way more than a couple times in the episode. It was still rather enjoyable to watch though. Somewhat concerned about the ginormous character list... but we'll see I guess.

The OP if you're curious about the character count... and that's not even all of them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJEk5nPbNKo
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 22:52   Link #37
nubby

first eps was rather crazy. it's going to be hard to remember all the characters because there's damn too many of them. does the first eps have the same director as kiss dum engage planet?
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 16:02   Link #38
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

First episode was damn good, if completely baffling. Definately worth waiting for. Brutally violent, high on period atmosphere and detail, with some pleasing animation here and there, and an appropriate ragtime score. The seiyuu list though is just incredible. People chosen for their voice acting prowess it seems, Norio Wakamoto in particular.

The central conceit that people have gained immortality and can be cut, mutilated, decapitated and shot to pieces, then reassemble their bodies is handled really well. It's incredibly violent, but is impressively realised. Although, as hi no ken Jebus pointed out, the kid getting his...
Spoiler:

...was almost too violent. That was not pretty at all

Overall though an excellent start. But the ton of characters could really be the shows biggest downside.Thankfully they all seem interesting and excellent realised in their own way, but as it's only 13 episodes how each of these 20 odd characters get fleshed out is going to be a huge task for the script writers. I wouldn't be surprised if this series has a second season by virtue of its sheer scale. We'll see.

The Yuki Kajiura ending was a nice surprise, I didn't know she was involved. Rather good it is too, if you like her songs.
Old 2007-07-27, 18:18   Link #39
lommm
l'homme de lommm

this show lookls fantastic!!! i can't wait for subs to clear up some questions, though i felt it was mostly self explanatory.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 18:50   Link #40
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

After reading Sonhex's post, I downloaded despite the small file size of the raw. (I was waiting for a better one.)

That was an amazingly violent first episode. Loads of stuff going on. Loved it!

Tags
action, brains-base, crime, historical, shounen, supernatural