AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-01, 02:16   Link #261
mechdra

I believe Zebra's pet would be a insect beast or an aquatic beast. Look at this way, Terry is a mammal, Quin is a reptile and Kiss is a bird. I quess a cute dolphin will suit him well.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 05:28   Link #262
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

bird is still mammal though if I'm not wrong. Or maybe it's the way it travels in which case aquatic is fine. Though being aquatic would be sort of limiting unless it is amphibious. Maybe a crocodile to match his face.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 06:41   Link #263
ellifeedn
Thinker

The newest chapter is out.
Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 10:12   Link #264
marvelB

Yeah, it's awesome to see the scenes where the characters sample their newly acquired ingredients (I especially like how Shima often goes into detail describing the taste of said ingredients, as well. It really starts to make my mouth water.....). And I do wonder who was the person that was apparently spying on the heroes.....

BTW, it looks like Komatsu's luck wasn't perfect after all, since he said he messed up in preparing 3 of the fish while in the cave. So even if he was more successful in catching the fish than a legend like Setsuno, that doesn't necessarily mean that he was successful on his first try.

And going back to the Zebra discussion, I still kinda feel that a Nitro would make sense as a partner for him since even if he basically sees it as a "cocky" creature at first, it's a lot more likely to "adapt" to him than just about any other random monster. I mean, it's been explained that Nitros are super-intelligent lifeforms, so I imagine that even a juvenile one will figure out what exactly it is that makes him tick. Plus, they're gourmet experts themselves, so wouldn't you think that Zebra would be able to locate much more unique ingredients for his full course if he teamed up one of them?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 05:24   Link #265
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sani's reaction was easily my favourite part of that chapter. Fabulous.
Old 2011-09-04, 11:07   Link #266
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

And going back to the Zebra discussion, I still kinda feel that a Nitro would make sense as a partner for him since even if he basically sees it as a "cocky" creature at first, it's a lot more likely to "adapt" to him than just about any other random monster. I mean, it's been explained that Nitros are super-intelligent lifeforms, so I imagine that even a juvenile one will figure out what exactly it is that makes him tick. Plus, they're gourmet experts themselves, so wouldn't you think that Zebra would be able to locate much more unique ingredients for his full course if he teamed up one of them?
I kind of think that it won't be a nitro. Thus far, the nitros seem to be sort of another race of humans or even more advanced than humans, so a nitro won't be a pet but a partner if it joins.
Old 2011-09-04, 16:20   Link #267
marvelB

^Notice that in my previous posts I always referred to the animals as "partners", not pets. And I think a nitro would fit as a companion since they technically aren't human, either. Furthermore, since the one held at the prison is still a child, that gives Zebra an excuse to ally himself with it without making it look too DEM (since a younger nitro is less likely to be an expert on GW ingredients than the adults)....
Old 2011-09-05, 11:05   Link #268
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

^ true. I guess I differ in thinking as them as more of pets than partners.
Old 2011-09-07, 15:08   Link #269
marvelB

Whoa.... some spoiler pics for 156 are out, and things are most definitely starting to pick up:

Spoiler:

Man, this chapter looks so awesome, already! Definitely can't wait for the full version!
Old 2011-09-08, 08:20   Link #270
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I haven't been as this excited for a new arc since Zebra's introduction.

World-building has always been one of Toriko's stronger points ( in more ways than one ), and it's really nice to see a different kind of world-building in this arc, focusing on the chef society rather than the flora and fauna.

And true indeed, those cooks look so badass... and almost further reinforces how few the underworld Bishokuya's powerhouses are compared to the more legal establishments of '0th' + 'Top 30 Chefs Not in the 0th.' Even if Bishokuya has much larger cannon fodder army...

... Ume for Bishokuya?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 09:15   Link #271
Aesthetic Shampoo

Lol the base is so stereotypical for the bad guys.

And WOOOO TOMMMYYY!!!! It's been awhile since a fight like his, good seeing him again.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 14:20   Link #272
marvelB

This was truly a great chapter. We get more updates on the Bishokukai (more Tommy is always a good thing in my book ), we learn more about the world's top cooks (I'm particularly interested in that ramen master guy), and we even get some insight to Komatsu's past. I do wonder when we'll see that "Ume-chan" that he mentioned this chapter.....?

BTW, this chapter also reinforces my belief that Zebra will make that baby nitro at the prison his partner. Notice how the bad guys mention that the evolved versions of the creatures can produce hypnotic pheromones..... which we should all know by now will have no effect on Zebra. That, and I still feel that a baby nitro would be easier to handle than the adults.

Oh, and the reveal of all these top-level chefs once again reminds me how the quantity of powerful "good" guys seem to outnumber the amount of villains. So unless it turns out the Bishokukai has allied themselves with an entire army of nitro or something, the power balance in this series still seems waaaay out of whack, IMO......
Old 2011-09-08, 15:53   Link #273
ellifeedn
Thinker

Maybe some of those top chefs are "independent" or on their own side.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 04:46   Link #274
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
marvel, don't do that to me. RamenMaster, jeebus, i wants ramen, and ramen ain't the cheapest stuff round here
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 12:14   Link #275
marvelB

^Really? Where I live the local supermarkets tend to have sales where you can buy like 4-5 cups of the stuff for a dollar. But enough off-topic stuff for now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Maybe some of those top chefs are "independent" or on their own side.

True, not all of them may be good guys. That "Livebearer" dude certainly doesn't sound so friendly, what with being known as the top underground chef. Heck, we may even see some of them join the Bishokukai willingly (which would certainly work towards improving the balance in the number of bad guys towards good guys).....
Old 2011-09-10, 08:14   Link #276
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^ ye, a kinda big bowl (our supermarkets don't sell em, hungary sux) costs about 6-7 USD

We got a whole lot of foreshadowing for future characters this time around though, i guess the mangaka plans for a looooong story
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 09:23   Link #277
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
This was truly a great chapter. We get more updates on the Bishokukai (more Tommy is always a good thing in my book ), we learn more about the world's top cooks (I'm particularly interested in that ramen master guy), and we even get some insight to Komatsu's past. I do wonder when we'll see that "Ume-chan" that he mentioned this chapter.....?

BTW, this chapter also reinforces my belief that Zebra will make that baby nitro at the prison his partner. Notice how the bad guys mention that the evolved versions of the creatures can produce hypnotic pheromones..... which we should all know by now will have no effect on Zebra. That, and I still feel that a baby nitro would be easier to handle than the adults.

Oh, and the reveal of all these top-level chefs once again reminds me how the quantity of powerful "good" guys seem to outnumber the amount of villains. So unless it turns out the Bishokukai has allied themselves with an entire army of nitro or something, the power balance in this series still seems waaaay out of whack, IMO......
The numbers don't seem to be on the side of the "good" guys. Mainly because the "good" guys are not an army or organisation. If anything, the "good" guys are outnumbered by the "bad" guys because they can always coordinate and send 2 or 3 strong ones to kill/ capture a "good" one while it would be hard for the "good" ones to do so other than the biotopes. And even then, they would have to attack the main bases and I seriously doubt they have enough strong "good" guys to commit to such an attack without losing other things.

Based on just this chapter alone, we see 3 super-powered "bad" guys at the base just lounging around. The weakest of the 3 is probably tommyrod who is as strong as Toriko. Taking into account the GT robots that are probably now just slightly weaker or as strong as the current Toriko, they have a much better force.
Old 2011-09-13, 13:14   Link #278
marvelB

Time to feast on an early spoiler!

Spoiler:
Old 2011-09-13, 20:07   Link #279
xellos2099

To be more precise

Spoiler for spoiler:
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 22:15   Link #280