AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-19, 21:21   Link #101
MobiuS

Remember Hinata doing all those snazzy shit in the filler?

Yea. No.

Kish let ehr get beat up in his manga and that was it. She didn't even play damsel in distress. So sad.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 21:34   Link #102
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS View Post
Remember Hinata doing all those snazzy shit in the filler?

Yea. No.

Kish let ehr get beat up in his manga and that was it. She didn't even play damsel in distress. So sad.
I read somewhere that Kishimoto was consulted before
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if it was true though...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 23:46   Link #103
Deathwing
what do i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
I read somewhere that Kishimoto was consulted before
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if it was true though...
he may have been consulted but it could have gone like this

Anime makers: were gonna have a filler with hinata doing a new move is that ok
Kishi: hell no it makes contradictions and besides maybe you should stop the fillers and get back to the storyline somewhat and stop doing 100+ of fillers all in a row
Anime makers: Well we bought the right so were gonna do it anyway we have to market the hinata toys somehow and people are still watching the filler so we gonna keep at it. Thanks for your input and goodbye(quicky leaves room while laughing evilly)
Kishi: wait a sec ...wtf

and on a different note looks like we will get to see a move from sasuke at least in this chapter still wishing team sasuke would run into a decent opponent
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 00:06   Link #104
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
he may have been consulted but it could have gone like this

Kishi: hell no it makes contradictions and besides maybe you should stop the fillers and get back to the storyline somewhat and stop doing 100+ of fillers all in a row
Anime makers: Well we bought the right so were gonna do it anyway we have to market the hinata toys somehow and people are still watching the filler so we gonna keep at it. Thanks for your input and goodbye(quicky leaves room while laughing evilly)
Kishi: wait a sec ...wtf

and on a different note looks like we will get to see a move from sasuke at least in this chapter still wishing team sasuke would run into a decent opponent
Lol. That's good, but I think it's Kishi who really comes away with the deep pockets. Everything involving the Naruto franchise is business for him. I think it would've been more like:

Anime makers: Well, we were about to launch a new line of Hinata collectibles based on her role in the filler. Here's the estimated sale revenue we're expected to bring in and this is your cut of the profits..

Kishi: Ka-ching! Dattebayo!

Anime makers: So you're okay with the contradictions that Hinata's new move makes in the current manga?

Kishi: Contra-whacha'macallit now?
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 00:54   Link #105
Deathwing
what do i know

i know i just wish it wasn't true and kishi wouldn't screw us over like that
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 01:18   Link #106
rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

Kishi: Ka-ching! Dattebayo!
sorry what is Ka-ching? ^^;
Old 2007-04-20, 01:43   Link #107
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by rio View Post
sorry what is Ka-ching? ^^;
Thats the sound of a cash register after putting money in. And it symbolizes that your making money.

But in the next chapter their will probably be lots of screen time showing Sasuke disciplining his team j/k. Really though there should be some chapters focusing on what Naruto will do while healing. Like watching other teams train(I want to see Hinata again).
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 01:53   Link #108
Blaine

The other genin/now chuunin will show up i think when they get back to konoha from this mission.
Old 2007-04-20, 06:59   Link #109
Sasuke_Bateman
No

The raw is out, i just saw and it was good Sasuke's Hidden snake hands = win.

Also he can control is CS pretty well! almost effortlessly... His reaction is really fast too a certain character can learn from this :P

Spoiler for chapter 352:

from what i hear anyway i can't comfirm that.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 07:07   Link #110
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Just read the RAW. It was an interesting chapter with better action than we've seen in the last few weeks. Quick run down

- Juggo's CS transformation turns his left arm into an enlarged, spiky almost mace-like appendage which he uses to strike Sasuke. The arm is also durable enough to withstand blows from Zabuza's sword with no damage

- Sasuke doesn't dodge Juugo's blow, but instead blocks it by instantly going CS2 (partially). He uses the wing from the transformation to catch Juugo's punch, but the force still sent him into the wall.

- The jutsu Sasuke uses to stop Juugo and Suigetsu from fighting is Sen'eijashu or "Hidden Snake Hands" a technique only used by Oro and Anko so far.

Suigetsu uses the sword differently from Zabuza, in that he actually uses it to fight whereas Zabuza mostly relied on his jutsu and just the sword for the killer blow. It's cool to see him use it, but at the same time it gives the impression that he is less skilled then Zabuza in terms of ninjutsu. Karin was useless. Unfortunately, the comparisons to Ino and pre-timeskip Sakura seem to be spot on. Hope it doesn't stay that way
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 07:44   Link #111
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Juugo seems to be bigger in size (taller) than both Sasuke and Sugetsu.
Old 2007-04-20, 08:20   Link #112
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I read a translation.... i don't know if it is accurate
its funny how called sasuke a copy of him when he saw sasuke transform

what did karin mean when she said that sasuke's chakra has changed....?

juugo doesn't look like hitsugaya anymore....

does are big snakes, I am starting to think that sasuke is a new person ....a fusion.... idk

sasuke continues to shine... first he mad a person with no emotions feel fear. than a he did the same to a man with uncontrollable blood lust.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 09:27   Link #113
Syaoran
Inactive Member

I don't say this very often, but this time Sasuke gets a cookie ^^
That snake bind jutsu and his intent to kill were great. He should use that kind of stuff and the sharingan instead of the cursed seal.

I hope he'll manage to alter that cursed seals' appearance in the future
We know they can control partial transformations. Looks like some kind of chakra nature & shape manipulation, but with the evil counterpart of chakra or something. It's like a rough diamond at the moment.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 09:43   Link #114
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Oh Sasuke...You're the coolest...

This was a fun chapter. It seems that all the hype for Juugo was merely to stress that he is mentally unstable rather than dangerous.

He is dangerous but not so much to Team Sasuke as Sasuke is the real monster in the party.

I love how Juugo and Suigetsu were paralyzed with fear when Sasuke bound them with Orochimaru-esque Snakes (Does this confirm that he has inherited Oro's power? Perhaps not quite since Anko could also do Snake jutsu as a mere student of Oro) and imposed his killing intent.

I noticed some amusing themes in the chapter.

Namely Suigetsu's habit of having conversations with prisoners/unimportant characters.

Karin is ofcourse admiring Sasuke's prowess like every other fangirl in the series
(Oh Sasuke! ).

Juugo seems to have regressed into a scared child (his true personality?), the poor tortured soul.

But most importantly is the preview for the next chapter! Itachi's Whereabouts?

I wonder what that entails? Is that what Sasuke's goal is to discover where his brother is or is the next chapter going to reveal that to the reader?

I'd say it is about time. I wonder if Sasuke is truly ready to take on Itachi. And what does he need Karin, Suigetsu and Juugo for?

Hopefully Kishimoto cuts to the chase and fills us in on his objective so the story can progress.

I tell you folks, SASUKE is the best manga I have read in along time. Are you enjoying it as much as I am?
Old 2007-04-20, 10:02   Link #115
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Suigetsu slashing, probably killing the prisonner and telling Karin he would fight her next, Karin wishing for Suigetsu and Juugo to kill each other and Sasuke quitting his overfriendly attitude and releasing his murderous intent was nice.
I was starting to be fed up with the goody goody behavior.
It was cool to see Sasuke using snake jutsu too at last.

Karin didn't redeem herself in this chapter strength wise though, I can only wish she's not going to be an Ino-clone used merely as a radar but I don't have much hope about that.
In the other hand Juugo's control over his CS making able to morph his body into different shape and weapons was a nice touch, the partial CS2 transformation looks rather good. They should keep it that way and forget the fugly CS2 complete state ^^

And at last the expected preview for this chapter : "Itachi's whereabout". Not surprising to have a preview like that since there will be no chapter next week thanks to the the Golden Week
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 10:10   Link #116
Rurouni Zeke

Ugh. Another hype chapter. I am starting to like Suigetsu though. His personality is fun. It will be interesting to see what happens with Juugo, as it seems that he'll always be either strong and murderous or completely harmless with no in between. And of course Karin proves to be the obligatory useless female on the squad. I mean, she looked so much like pre-timeskip Sakura it blew my mind.
Rurouni Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 10:11   Link #117
Hydex

Lol. Another chapter of Sasuke showing off, yeah ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Don't forget that Sasuke is a good guy. That's just his nature, if he has the possibility to gain that much power by staying in Konoha he would surely have done it. He killed Oro but Oro was qutie the bad guy, and he wants to kill other bad guy (c) Itachi, but that's it.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-04-20 at 10:48. Reason: Do not double post
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 10:41   Link #118
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
....Sasuke quitting his overfriendly attitude and releasing his murderous intent was nice.
It was cool to see Sasuke using snake jutsu too at last.
Yeah I liked the Snake jutsu. It was almost a given that he had to use it since he was trained under Oro and assimulated him.

As for his behavior, I did think that smile by the bridge was uncharacteristic of the dark warrior Sasuke was turning into. He had been rather passive although that is typical Sasuke.

The coldness he showed in this chapter when he bound Suigetsu and Juugo was quite refreshing.

Quote:
In the other hand Juugo's control over his CS making able to morph his body into different shape and weapons was a nice touch, the partial CS2 transformation looks rather good.
Yeah, I guess that is his melee weapon. Sasuke has his Kusangi (along with the partial CS ability) and Suigetsu has Zabuza's sword. Karin has...hmmm....

Quote:
Karin didn't redeem herself in this chapter strength wise though, I can only wish she's not going to be an Ino-clone used merely as a radar but I don't have much hope about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni Zeke View Post
And of course Karin proves to be the obligatory useless female on the squad. I mean, she looked so much like pre-timeskip Sakura it blew my mind.
It's kind of ironic because the opening page of this chapter hyped her as being an exceptional Kunoichi.

So far all we've seen is a giggly fangirl with a Byakugan like radar ability.

I don't have much faith in Kishi's ability to make tough ninja out of girls.

Temari has been the most impressive (and well Chiyo too. I like Tsunade but she got tooled by Kabuto). I'm still holding out hope that the blue haired Akatsuki member is a girl.

For Karin to redeem Kishi's creativity when it comes to Kunoichi she will have to have abilities beyond the typical healer. If she can actually hold her own in a fight I can even forgive her fangirl antics.
Old 2007-04-20, 10:41   Link #119
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Looks like this chapter ends once and for all the "killing intent" discussion. It is not a genjutsu.

Spoiler for hehe:
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 10:54   Link #120
Vicious108

Boo at Suigetsu and Juugo being afraid of Sasuke. Its a whole lot less fun if its clear that the leader of the team can own all the other members.

And Karin... what a disappointment, she looked kinda cool at first trying to seduce Sasuke and all, now shes the one being seduced by him, and we have enough giggly fangirls in this show already.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote