AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Old 2007-11-20, 15:50   Link #121
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Really? If so, this is great news! Which company is rumored to be the licensee? Can you give us a link?
What? D:
It's not a great news cause most of the animes they've "dumbed" down were no longer appealing to the people.. And if it's no longer appealing to the people.. Production stops.. Nooo~ D:

As in they redo everything!! >_<

As for link, the person says it's quite private, so he won't give me the licensor's name..
Here's our conversation though, if you wanna have a quick browse: clicky
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 22:26   Link #122
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

4th season is to be a TV animation!!

According to this page, which lists "after-recording report" interviews of the seiyus, the 4th season seems to be a TV animation.
Quote:
TVアニメ第4期シリーズに先駆けてリリースされる『マリア様がみてるドラマCD』。久しぶりにアフレコスタジオに集ったメインキャ ストのみなさんにコメントを寄せていただきました。
can be roughly translated to
Quote:
We've asked for comments to the main cast, who were gathered at the after-recording studio for "Maria-sama ga Miteru Drama CD," which has been released before the TV animation 4th season.
The rest of the page is filled with interviews of the main cast (about 11 pages when pasted to a word processor). Also the front page of the website has been updated, with this image:

announcing the broadcast of "Maria-sama ga Miteru Web Radio Christmas Special," on the bottom, and saying "Merry Christmas, onee-sama on the right. It is also the cover image for 【コミケ特典付き】DJCD 「マリア様がみてる〜Winter Special 2007〜」, or the new DJCD which is released as a Comiket special.

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-12-20 at 22:38.
dahl_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 00:38   Link #123
Stephanie

Wow!! That is great news indeed! :3

I highly prefer the TV Series format than OVAs.. TV Series Character flow in 1st and 2nd season were better than the ones I've seen in the OVA, and I hope they do retain the "art" in TV Series as well.. The color in the OVA is a little too light IMO.

So, I guess this is still 13 episode stuff per season.. n_n
Old 2007-12-23, 09:41   Link #124
Kumani
ガールズラブ

Send a message via AIM to Kumani Send a message via MSN to Kumani
oh cool dahl moon!! that sounds awesome! i can't wait!!
Kumani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 15:44   Link #125
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
A television series will be so much better in my opinion. Now all we have to do is wait...
Old 2007-12-24, 18:04   Link #126
Lesca

I'm glad it's going to be a tv series, but I think they'll stick with the art of the OVA's, not that it was bad or anything, but it's probably cheaper for them to do it that way, although it depends on their budget I guess.

Hope there's some more Sei in it
Old 2007-12-27, 10:43   Link #127
Stephanie

Ok, so at first, someone has said "MariMite is aimed at Males"

We all know this is not true (well, of course it did have more Male fans than females as said in statistics) and generally, the target market of the anime is "Shoujo" meaning girls..

But, sadly, after the 2 seasons, it seemed it has been changed.. Season 3 seemed to have been directed at male audiences now.. I have no idea about the 4th season. (For more news about this discussion: Clicky!)

A member has indeed found out it has been changed (no wonder the sudden cuteness in 3rd Season, and many more)

To be completely honest, the only OVAs I liked in 3rd season was the 1st and 5th, overall I was quite disappointed with the character portrayal in other OVAs.. I hope they not only retained the TV series, but the target audience as well.. It got fans that way, I hope they don't go all "SP" (not to mention, their ending themes starting to be 100x YURI x_x)
Old 2007-12-27, 12:05   Link #128
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
Ok, so at first, someone has said "MariMite is aimed at Males"
Well, I'm a male and a big fan of Marimite, but I would not say it was specifically aimed at males.

Quote:
But, sadly, after the 2 seasons, it seemed it has been changed.. Season 3 seemed to have been directed at male audiences now..
Really? Why do you say that, Stephanie? The pacing and such are a bit different in the OVAs, and they focused more on short, episodic stories rather than the longer and perhaps emotionally deeper plots of the TV series, but I didn't really see anything I would interperet as "male orientied" to the changes.

Quote:
To be completely honest, the only OVAs I liked in 3rd season was the 1st and 5th, overall I was quite disappointed with the character portrayal in other OVAs..
I kind of liked the increased confidence Yumi was showing, in "handling" Sachiko, but I would have to say that the way Sachiko's character was portrayed was played for comedy more than I liked (except for ep 1 and 5 ). I thought the "panda scene" in particular just took her own "dependence" on Yumi too far, such that she is starting to appear almost pathetic rather than sympathetic (actually, I though her behavior in that scene was bordering on neurotic).
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 13:07   Link #129
Stephanie

I'm not saying really saying, that having a male target market doesn't mean it won't get female fans (like KnM, SP or even other Seinen and other animes gets female audiences) what I mean is, depending on the target market usually, the anime is a bit more played for the liking of "most" people in their target market, kinda like in their favor..

And let me quote what that person said about 3rd Season (and probably 4th Season)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennis
Ah, check out the official home page. Sadly, this series is definitely aimed at guys, or at least it is now. I agree that the third season was kind of different than the first two, just with the brighter colors and more subtext. I haven't really read the novels to compare, but there was a definite change in tone.
The thing is, audiences just choose what the hell they like, even though they may not be the target market, but changing the target market of the anime usually does some changes on how it goes..
Old 2007-12-28, 23:05   Link #130
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

But, sadly, after the 2 seasons, it seemed it has been changed.. Season 3 seemed to have been directed at male audiences now.. I have no idea about the 4th season. (For more news about this discussion: Clicky!)

A member has indeed found out it has been changed (no wonder the sudden cuteness in 3rd Season, and many more)
I really don't think that its now targeted at a male audience. The only major difference I found between the TV series and the OVA's was the SachikoxYumi focus, and the art (and thank GOD for that because the TV art was tragic). Its also hard to compare the two because with a OVA series you have to appeal with the strongest elements, and SachikoxYumi would be most peoples favourite pairing. With a TV series, you have some freedom to add in other elements because you don't have to compel people to go out of their way to BUY your product, rather than watching it on TV with little fuss.

Personally I liked the OVA's more than the series,and found the tone and story to be very similar to the TV series. I have faith that the next installment will be just as good as previous ones (hopefully retaining the OVA artwork though ::crosses fingers:
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 23:54   Link #131
sa547
*Author

Looks like they have updated the site again since yesterday.
Old 2007-12-31, 07:41   Link #132
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Someone told me back then, the last few seconds of the fifth OVA shown a message like that in the picture, "4th シーズソ制作决定!"

Anyway, I am glad a 4th is coming soon, though I wonder how long it is going to take..

Perhaps, it will start airing earlier than June 08..
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 17:32   Link #133
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhead View Post
Someone told me back then, the last few seconds of the fifth OVA shown a message like that in the picture, "4th シーズソ制作决定!"

Anyway, I am glad a 4th is coming soon, though I wonder how long it is going to take..

Perhaps, it will start airing earlier than June 08..
I believe it's scheduled to air in July. I'm not exactly clear when in July though.
Old 2008-01-08, 02:52   Link #134
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Ah July is so far away!! Oh well at least it'll give us something to watch over the summer.
Old 2008-01-09, 20:00   Link #135
emh_1989

Send a message via Yahoo to emh_1989
where can i buy the novels of marimite? i just cant wait for july...
emh_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 23:53   Link #136
ziggr

Quote:
Originally Posted by emh_1989 View Post
where can i buy the novels of marimite? i just cant wait for july...
I buy mine from amazon.co.jp. Somebody made a list of the first 20 or so: http://www.amazon.co.jp/マリア様がみてる/lm/1ESO7FYV26UBJ/
ziggr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 10:06   Link #137
cynicalicious
I like pie.

It's a LOT cheaper to buy them from yesasia.com than Amazon.co.jp. Amazon has some positively BRUTAL shipping fees to the US, while yesasia has better terms, in my opinion. The only downside is that they don't get new releases the same day-- you usually have to wait a few weeks. But I'm willing to wait a few weeks to save some green.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 06:08   Link #138
SidVicious
Anime addict

According to the site AnimateTV (http://www.animate.tv/news/detail.ph...id=&rid=&type=), who interviewed the seyus from de drama CD, the 4th Season will be a TV series and not OVAs.
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 16:38   Link #139
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It'll be a TV series!

ANN Link

This is just wonderful news, though saying that i would have been happy with another collection of OVA's, going by their production quality and all. Still, at least we finally know --- and we can prepare.
Old 2008-01-18, 16:50   Link #140
Lesca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It'll be a TV series!

ANN Link

This is just wonderful news, though saying that i would have been happy with another collection of OVA's, going by their production quality and all. Still, at least we finally know --- and we can prepare.
There's going to be a virtual rose mansion too? on Second Life? Almost makes me wish I played it, I've heard other recreations done on there have been pretty good.