AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-09-18, 22:57   Link #9101
Yye1
Wide Right

Oh god, that was a destruction, gotta love Hester's high step

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 12:24   Link #9102
VTHokiePride

I'm just happy Vincent Jackson got a touchdown and 15 years. The guy I was facing in fantasy had Bobby Rainey and he didn't do that much better.
Old 2014-09-21, 06:08   Link #9103
Samari
World's Greatest

Whoa. Former kicker Rob Bironas killed in a car crash.

Quote:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) - Former NFL player and Louisville native Rob Bironas, 36, has died as a result of an overnight car crash, according to Nashville media outlets.

Bironas played football for Louisville's Trinity High School. During his time there, he was also a member of the school's soccer, swimming and track teams, according to the Tennessee Titans' official website. Bironas spent several seasons as a kicker for the team.

WDRB News will have more information about this story as it becomes available.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/26586780/f...bironas-killed

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 13:03   Link #9104
GDB

If anyone wants to see a ridiculous play, try to find the Hoyer to Manziel play they just tried. It was called back due to a penalty (thankfully), but it feels so illegal that it was amazing that it was even attempted.

Oof, and Pitta probably just had his career ended. If not, at least the rest of the season.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-09-21 at 13:16.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 14:35   Link #9105
Yye1
Wide Right

Time for Bortles service in Jax!

Does not look to good though....

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2014-09-21, 15:02   Link #9106
GDB

Wow, Ravens tried to give away that game so many times. Elam, especially, nearly cost us the game multiple times, including when Hoyer threw a deep pass, the receiver caught it, and Elam just stopped and let him get up and start running again instead of tagging him. Then there was the 3-1 and 4-1 plays where we couldn't convert, because 30 yards is easy but 1 yard is impossible.

In the end, the Browns were only able to play 55 minutes of football and their offense sputtered.

Also, Jacksonville, if you're this bad against the normally bad and currently wounded Indy defense at home, how are you going to put up with San Diego on the road?
Old 2014-09-21, 15:23   Link #9107
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Bortles had a good debut. The offense looked instantly better with him in and magically the O-line problems we were having looked way better with him in. He showe mobility, pocket presence, and improv skills far beyond Henne, as if we didnt know. It's incredible how much a change at QB effects an offense. He made several rookie mistakes, but he did just as many good things and you can clearly see the potential. Also good considering how he didn't have many first team reps at practice, if any.

Teddy also got in. Didn't see him play but I'll go back and watch. Their finishing stats though:

Bortles: 14/24, 222yrds, 2TDs, 2INTs, 2 carries for 30 yards
Bridgewater: 12/20, 150yrds, 6 carries for 27 yards

Now the only rookie in the top 4 left to start is Manziel.
Old 2014-09-21, 15:25   Link #9108
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Also, Jacksonville, if you're this bad against the normally bad and currently wounded Indy defense at home, how are you going to put up with San Diego on the road?
It certainly painful, but the Jaguars are progressing well. The defense is still a work of progress, the linebackers still struggle in coverage and the secondary did give some plays. However, there are clear take aways after this game.

The running game improved so much after this, from barely a 2 yard per carry to over 4 yards collectively. The screen game is very dangerous with Gerhart.

I am expecting Bortles to be the starter after this game. Even though he had his rookie mistakes, better at that situation where the game is lost rather than him first starting out in the first quarter. The Jaguars were very competitive in the second half. The receivers are getting better as well, Robinson looked like prime to thrive in the league.

It shouldn't be a problem since this is a development season after all for the Jaguars. We Jaguar fans been through much much worst.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 15:28   Link #9109
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The Jaguars were very competitive in the second half. The receivers are getting better as well, Robinson looked like prime to thrive in the league.
Did Indy take out their starters on defense? I know their offense came out half way through the 4th quarter, at which point it was like 44-3. If their starters came out on defense at that time too, it's not really hard to look that competitive when you're up against all second stringers.
Old 2014-09-21, 15:33   Link #9110
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Did Indy take out their starters on defense? I know their offense came out half way through the 4th quarter, at which point it was like 44-3. If their starters came out on defense at that time too, it's not really hard to look that competitive when you're up against all second stringers.
You have to remember that the Jaguar receivers struggled against second stringers until this game. As well, 3 of the 4 starters are rookies with one that miss the game due to injury. Two of the three receivers that had respectively numbers were rookies, That is a take away in my opinion. Especially considering Robinson hasn't gotten enough reps to be considered a full time starter, he done very well. As well, the limited Hurns and Shorts didn't get much reps as well. Shorts was just back in practice on Wednesday as well Hurns' injury restricted him by some sorts. Three receivers that didn't get much reps and compiled close to 200 yards in a half. I say that is a plus, especially since some Robinson's catches were well played as well taking big hits.

Allen Hurns as well, showed good strength going through two tackles.

The receiver core looked well adjusted with the arrival of Cecil Shorts.
Old 2014-09-21, 15:51   Link #9111
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The receivers are getting better as well, Robinson looked like prime to thrive in the league..
yeah Robinson quietly had a nice game. He's starting to get acclimated to the NFL speed. I think it's only a matter of time before he has that big break out game. Hurns is good too, my only problem with him is it seems he has a penchant to drop balls. Now if we can just get Lee and Pasztor back out there next week with Shorts staying healthy...
Old 2014-09-21, 16:15   Link #9112
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
yeah Robinson quietly had a nice game. He's starting to get acclimated to the NFL speed. I think it's only a matter of time before he has that big break out game. Hurns is good too, my only problem with him is it seems he has a penchant to drop balls. Now if we can just get Lee and Pasztor back out there next week with Shorts staying healthy...
That would certainly look good. Our defense looked gassed out in the first half. The offensive line looked massive even on the T.V screen. However, the right side consisting of Sam Young and Brandon Linder are having difficulties since they are very large, so leverage is an issue. Joeckal faced off good competition in college and had a good game against Robert Quinn before going down so he doesn't have any problems.

Having Paztor would be excellent though he should be brought slowly, however, anyone that can stop J.J Watt is always good.

Hurns gone undrafted for a reason, it was one of his major set backs when I scouted him before the draft. As well as his size at 6'3 but only 195 pounds compared to Robinson's 6'3 and 210 pounds. Hurns main priority should be weight lifting and getting more weight without sacrificing speed in the off season.

Lee is a main concern in my opinion, he hasn't been caught up in the NFL speed. THough in practice he dominates everyone in front of him including Gratz. He needs to bring that from practice to the field. Though I feel he will get it soon.

Also, Blake Bortles named the starter.
Old 2014-09-21, 16:43   Link #9113
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Lee did decent last week. I just think he needs more reps and a QB that gets him the ball consistently and who he has good chemistry with. Don't think Henne was that.
Old 2014-09-21, 16:48   Link #9114
GDB

Still think I'll pick up San Diego for my fantasy team next week. Need a flier while Seattle's on bye.
Old 2014-09-21, 16:52   Link #9115
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Still think I'll pick up San Diego for my fantasy team next week. Need a flier while Seattle's on bye.
I would pick San Diego as well. For my Jaguars, I hope for them to become competitive and stay within 10 points if they are losing. Of course, I would love them to win, but I have to stay realistic. Improvement as a whole if my desire for this year.

Seattle didn't turn it around until their third year as well Gus Bradley's defense was still in the bottom ten in his first two years there until he hit the 3rd year. I am expecting the Jaguars to be like that as well.
Old 2014-09-21, 17:09   Link #9116
GDB

Yeah, wish there were better options since San Diego isn't exactly the most consistent on sacks or turnovers, but there's not really many options available. Most of the above average teams still available have tough matchups next week.

Next best options are Washington (vs NYG), Buffalo (vs Houston), and Atlanta (vs Minnesota). Yeah, not many worthwhile options.
Old 2014-09-21, 19:19   Link #9117
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Nice game between Seattle and Denver. Perhaps what the Superbowl should have been.

Washington almost win in Philly. Cousins has another strong game.
Old 2014-09-21, 19:32   Link #9118
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Nice game between Seattle and Denver. Perhaps what the Superbowl should have been.

Washington almost win in Philly. Cousins has another strong game.
Yeah, who knows, maybe we will see a rematch at the Superbowl.

There was a lot of bad blood between the Eagles and the Redskins, it is going to be very interesting when they face each other again.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-09-21 at 19:48.
Old 2014-09-21, 23:21   Link #9119
Yye1
Wide Right

Woohoo!! Steelers dominate!!!

Next 3 games are Bucs, Jags and Browns, this can be a decent run!

Old 2014-09-22, 06:48   Link #9120
GDB

They squeaked out a win against the Browns (like the Ravens did), but I wouldn't sleep on them at all. All 3 of their games now have come down to a FG or less difference in points, and the Steelers have more injuries now, and the Browns more comfortable and confident.

That said, I didn't really have a dog in this show. I'd rather the Panthers win, since I don't like the Steelers, but them floundering so bad gives the Ravens more hope since the AFC North teams are built so similarly.

Also interesting fact, the only losses in the AFC North are to other members of the AFC North.

Tags
american football, sports