AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-09-22, 10:02   Link #9121
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So much pain this day....

Well, good luck Bortles and Bridgewater. I hope you both stay optimistic and avoid serious injury.

And for the record, Tulloch got what he deserved for this failed mock.
Old 2014-09-22, 19:16   Link #9122
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Reaper, Bowanko, Linder, and Young all had positive grades on PFF. Bowanko had the highest with 1.2. Linder has a 1.0. Joeckel and Beadles both had negative grades of -2.0 and -1.2 respectively. The line is starting to look better. Unfortunately the secondary was really bad. Cyprien and Ball were the only ones with anything near a positive grade.
Old 2014-09-23, 18:29   Link #9123
GDB

Yahoo's weekly recap was hilarious this week. Since I managed to trade Adrian Peterson for Marshawn Lynch in the very short window between him being back to playing and being exclusion listed, it made a snarky comment questioning how I was able to get my hands on such a staggering RB.

Now, trying to figure out my waiver priority for this week. #1 is going to the Eagles kicker, then #2 and #3 going to Falcons kicker and Chargers kicker (though unsure which to put at #2 and which at #3), and #4 is San Diego DST. Obviously all 3 kicker claims drop the same player, so it's not like I'm trying to waiver claim 3 kickers.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 23:19   Link #9124
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Reaper, Bowanko, Linder, and Young all had positive grades on PFF. Bowanko had the highest with 1.2. Linder has a 1.0. Joeckel and Beadles both had negative grades of -2.0 and -1.2 respectively. The line is starting to look better. Unfortunately the secondary was really bad. Cyprien and Ball were the only ones with anything near a positive grade.
Really bad, however, I think the defense as a whole will even out once the offense gets running. Solid performance for the offensive line, heard Bowanko was the second best center ranked by PFF by someone on the net in week 3. Its his first start as well. Its really jaw dropping we got our starting center with a 6th round pick.

Also, Josh Evans is now starting in FS while Guy is the back SS where he should be. The OTTO is starting to be a big concern right now with Watson being bench in favor of Thomas.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 19:33   Link #9125
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Linder and Bowanko starting is where we should have started out in the first place. Now we have the youngest offense in the league by far. Every level of our offense is dominated by first and second year players with the oldest being 4 year players.

And I believe Evans is more of a strong safety as well. t's clear we need to put a premium on a single high FS in the draft next year.
Old 2014-09-28, 14:33   Link #9126
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Brilliant stuff by Aaron Rodgers today. Utter shootout between both sides today. Cutler kept up with him for one half but yikes, he made a couple of fatal mistakes in that 3rd quarter. Some of the officiating in that game was a disgrace. Around half the penalties given have been for legal hits/blocks. Both sides are just mystified as to what is allowed now.
Old 2014-09-28, 14:46   Link #9127
GDB

Flacco's looked amazing today too. The first quarter was hilarious, total defensive battle by both sides where each team had 2 series and no points. Second quarter, bang bang bang bang, 3 TDs for Ravens (first was amazing, I suggest finding the highlight) and 1 TD for Panthers. The rest of the game has been all Ravens too.

The Panthers are done for the season if they can't get healthy this week, basically.
Old 2014-09-28, 18:20   Link #9128
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Blake Bortles did solid today at San Diego, facing off a top 10 pass defense. He did make rookie mistakes, but that is expected. Way more than I was asking for. He will learn to not eye his receivers eventually, but against a pass defense, completing close to 80 percent is very good. He will only get better as the season progress. Chargers is the best defense we face this year. Hopefully Bortles will take what happened this game and improve heavily throughout the season.

Cecil Shorts got injured again. Really getting worried about him Suzuku. Its his contract year and he is having problems even staying on the field. Its a shame this happens to a good guy. Should I start scouting for wide receivers in day 2 or 3 Suzuku?

The run game did decent, a mere 3.4 or so yard per carry against a top 10 rushing defense. Should improve as the offensive line gets better chemistry, experience, and when Pasztor gets back into the line.

Defense is the big story. Free safety isn't improving as well the weak-side linebacker. Ball missed some coverage and give some plays. The pass rush, while is getting a bit of pressure, still needs to improve. I would like for them to move Ryan Davis on the depth chart over Branch. Davis been more consistent and has improved the most. He deserves to be resigned. Maybe trade Branch for a 5th or 6th pick. Chris Clemons is looking to be cut if he doesn't step up his game, we receive the penalty if we do after this season so I may start looking for a LEO in day 3 in the draft. Paul Posluszny is good, but he isn't good in coverage. Most likely I will start scouting for inside linebacker this year in detail. Weak-side and OTTO as well it seems. Geno Hayes give up that TD and the free safety gave up two.

Run the numbers when you can on both the defense and offense. Give me the best and worst my friend. Most likely the free safety and linebackers will get the worst grade.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-09-28 at 18:34.
Old 2014-09-28, 18:24   Link #9129
GDB

Since I started the San Diego DST, I was really worried after that first half. But I guess he has a tell, got ruffled, or his options/protection got injured and he got bottled up in the second half and started producing turnovers and sacks.

Also, Bridgewater. Legit.
Old 2014-09-28, 20:48   Link #9130
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Dallas up 24-0 against New Orelans at half-time. This game is hilarious.
Old 2014-09-28, 22:25   Link #9131
GDB

Opponent has Brees and Graham. I'm only up by 3.9. I'm totally going to lose to this crap.

*edit*

Oh my god, that fumble just saved me.

111.92 vs 108.30
Old 2014-09-28, 22:33   Link #9132
Samari
World's Greatest

Saints start 1-3. I guess we won't be seeing DarkWingDuck anytime soon.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 22:38   Link #9133
GDB

ROFL, anyone watching the post-game interview they're having with Romo and Murray? Romo finishes his part, so he starts to walk off, then grabs Murray's hat and turns it around to the proper way to wear a hat before walking off again.
Old 2014-09-28, 22:40   Link #9134
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
ROFL, anyone watching the post-game interview they're having with Romo and Murray? Romo finishes his part, so he starts to walk off, then grabs Murray's hat and turns it around to the proper way to wear a hat before walking off again.
Which is strange coming from Romo who wears his hat backwards like a frat boy all the time.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-09-29, 02:10   Link #9135
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

If someone has said at the start of the day that Tampa Bay would be the only NFC South team that would win today, I doubt anyone would have believed them. Going from getting utterly wrecked by Atlanta to winning it Pittsburgh's yard. Lovie Smith must have really rocketed them after last week for such a huge shift to happen.

Hope Teddy Bridgewater didn't suffer an injury that serious. Destroying Atlanta - he has my approval.

That one between San Francisco and Philadelphia was downright weird. 21 points for Philly from special teams and interceptions but 0 from offense. That 49ers D really strangled that normally explosive Eagles offense. Somewhat ugly win but you take them. Nice to see Gore have a big day.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2014-09-29 at 02:22.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 02:11   Link #9136
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Blake Bortles did solid today at San Diego, facing off a top 10 pass defense. He did make rookie mistakes, but that is expected. Way more than I was asking for. He will learn to not eye his receivers eventually, but against a pass defense, completing close to 80 percent is very good. He will only get better as the season progress. Chargers is the best defense we face this year. Hopefully Bortles will take what happened this game and improve heavily throughout the season.

Cecil Shorts got injured again. Really getting worried about him Suzuku. Its his contract year and he is having problems even staying on the field. Its a shame this happens to a good guy. Should I start scouting for wide receivers in day 2 or 3 Suzuku?

The run game did decent, a mere 3.4 or so yard per carry against a top 10 rushing defense. Should improve as the offensive line gets better chemistry, experience, and when Pasztor gets back into the line.

Defense is the big story. Free safety isn't improving as well the weak-side linebacker. Ball missed some coverage and give some plays. The pass rush, while is getting a bit of pressure, still needs to improve. I would like for them to move Ryan Davis on the depth chart over Branch. Davis been more consistent and has improved the most. He deserves to be resigned. Maybe trade Branch for a 5th or 6th pick. Chris Clemons is looking to be cut if he doesn't step up his game, we receive the penalty if we do after this season so I may start looking for a LEO in day 3 in the draft. Paul Posluszny is good, but he isn't good in coverage. Most likely I will start scouting for inside linebacker this year in detail. Weak-side and OTTO as well it seems. Geno Hayes give up that TD and the free safety gave up two.

Run the numbers when you can on both the defense and offense. Give me the best and worst my friend. Most likely the free safety and linebackers will get the worst grade.
Wouldn't be surprised if we drafted Amari Cooper knowing Caldwell, although not sure how I'd feel about that. Our number 1 biggest need by far is free safety and better corner play. It's just comical at this point. Guys consistently being wide open for huge gains in the secondary every week has gotten old quick. At this rate we'll be picking in the top 2. We need to trade out for a king's ransom and use that to stockpile on OL talent. Not sure which prospect I'd take in the top 10 right now but it's definitely between Gurley, Ifo, Cooper, and Leonard Williams right now, perhaps in that order of preference.

Haven't checked PFF yet. Will get back to you when I do.

Also, one of Bortles' interceptions wasn't his fault. Shorts couldn't make a move on the ball. Should have been a play for decent gain if Shorts were healthy.
Old 2014-09-29, 08:13   Link #9137
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if we drafted Amari Cooper knowing Caldwell, although not sure how I'd feel about that. Our number 1 biggest need by far is free safety and better corner play. It's just comical at this point. Guys consistently being wide open for huge gains in the secondary every week has gotten old quick. At this rate we'll be picking in the top 2. We need to trade out for a king's ransom and use that to stockpile on OL talent. Not sure which prospect I'd take in the top 10 right now but it's definitely between Gurley, Ifo, Cooper, and Leonard Williams right now, perhaps in that order of preference.

Haven't checked PFF yet. Will get back to you when I do.

Also, one of Bortles' interceptions wasn't his fault. Shorts couldn't make a move on the ball. Should have been a play for decent gain if Shorts were healthy.
That's the problem, Shorts can't stay healthy. I still think there is a good chance to resign him, though its dwindling. I like him and want him to stay, but the football mind has me thinking otherwise.

However, another wide receiver has me worried. Mike Brown I believe had two drops, its a constant plague to him. He is still transitioning from QB, but he must make strides this season to be resign, its also his contract year. Also, no way we will draft a wide receiver in the first round unless we have two, even with then, it will most liking be LEO.

I already begun scouting Free Safeties, Wide Receivers, WILL, OTTO, DL, and LEO. Still waiting for next week to decide about the run game. The Steelers is ranked 16th in the rushing game. If they don't produce, then I will add RB in the mix.
Old 2014-09-29, 21:58   Link #9138
GDB

Brady and the Pats are being thoroughly humiliated.

Guess this is going to be his last year, huh?
Old 2014-09-29, 23:37   Link #9139
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
Got to feel for Brady though. When he got little surrounding him, it all crashes down. Why didn't the Patriots address their receiving corps and offensive line for Brady this season?
Old 2014-09-29, 23:53   Link #9140
Samari
World's Greatest

Dennis Allen fired.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Tags
american football, sports