AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-01, 13:56   Link #1281
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah pretty much. Of course i enjoyed the hell out of it, though it gives me goosebumps just thinking that we'll get to see it animated the way it should have been.
It blew my mind when I saw how DB Kai handled the epic "Goku vs Vegeta" match, and I can only imagine how absolutely insane it'll be when Frieza finally enters the fray. Goosebumps, indeed.

I also noticed the whole side-sequence of Z-Warriors training on King Kaio's planet has been cut. How merciful. My hat's off to ya, DBK.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 15:19   Link #1282
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
So if anyone was wondering, the Frieza arc took 32 episodes to complete in DBZ. Kai apparently aims to do it in 15 1/2 episodes. Strap yourselves in, folks...it looks like we're in for a mad dash to the finale.

Come to think of it, that's going to be like 4 month's worth of Frieza...
15 episodes of nothing but the gang fighting Freeza... I sure hope the "five minutes" will only take up one or two of those... And that they go and diverge slightly from the manga and remove the "five minutes"-line so that it won't be as weird when the battle inevitably ends up lasting longer than that.

Actually, that reminded me, in DBZ, the fight must have lasted for at least 7 months... With pacing like that, I almost have to wonder how the hell this series managed to stay popular all the way to the end... I mean, that's basically 7 months of next to no plot-development other than "Hahaha, I have more forms!" or "Hahaha, I am still alive and I have more super-moves to murder you guys with!!"...

Oh, and am I the only one who noticed how the picture suddenly became really, really sharp halfway through this episode?
Old 2009-12-01, 18:06   Link #1283
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Oh, and am I the only one who noticed how the picture suddenly became really, really sharp halfway through this episode?
It's because there's different quality of animation for each episode of DBZ (the end of the episode was when Ginyu=Goku started to power up). I'm sure it was on a five episode cycle or something.
Old 2009-12-02, 09:09   Link #1284
Vicious108

You know it's kind of a tease on Toriyama's part not to show the reading on Jeice's scouter at the end of episode 34. I mean, I sure as hell want to know what kind of boost Vegeta got from the senzu bean that he goes from being destroyed by Recoome to easily dispatching Jeice and even going toe to toe with first form Frieza.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 10:46   Link #1285
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
You know it's kind of a tease on Toriyama's part not to show the reading on Jeice's scouter at the end of episode 34. I mean, I sure as hell want to know what kind of boost Vegeta got from the senzu bean that he goes from being destroyed by Recoome to easily dispatching Jeice and even going toe to toe with first form Frieza.
Well, Frieza said earlier that his power level (first form) was 500,000, so I assume Vegeta must be in that ballpark as well. Pretty amazing, considering he was only like 24,000 when he first set foot on Namek. He's had two major power ups thus far (one following his scuffle with Zarbon and another after Recoome), and I sorta remember him having one more to go if Kai doesn't edit that part out.

Old 2009-12-02, 15:54   Link #1286
Vicious108

After dealing with Ginyu doesn't Vegeta take a nap that somehow boosts his power level as well? I remember something silly like that.

And they definitely can't edit his power up with Kuririn out. It's the reason why he manages to not be a complete joke against final form Frieza.
Old 2009-12-02, 16:39   Link #1287
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Well, Frieza said earlier that his power level (first form) was 500,000, so I assume Vegeta must be in that ballpark as well. Pretty amazing, considering he was only like 24,000 when he first set foot on Namek. He's had two major power ups thus far (one following his scuffle with Zarbon and another after Recoome), and I sorta remember him having one more to go if Kai doesn't edit that part out.
Wait, when was the 3rd time he got his power up? I seem to have forgotten since it's been years since I've watched DBZ. I don't think he got that big of a boost after his beat down by Recoome, but I could be wrong.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 17:24   Link #1288
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Wait, when was the 3rd time he got his power up? I seem to have forgotten since it's been years since I've watched DBZ. I don't think he got that big of a boost after his beat down by Recoome, but I could be wrong.
To be honest, my memory of the Frieza part is a bit hazy, too. I'm almost positive he goes through at least 3 big leaps in power on Namek, but as Endless Twilight pointed out, there could be more (though I don't seem to remember a Power Nap in there anywhere, lol).

As for Vegeta's 3rd power up:

Spoiler:

Old 2009-12-02, 17:31   Link #1289
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Vegeta does take a nap after this little Ginyu fight, though i don't remember if it increases his power. If so, then it might just be a anime original thing.
Old 2009-12-02, 17:37   Link #1290
Vicious108

The Power Nap should be there in the next Kai episode. It's the reason why Vegeta is not present during the Porunga summoning scene and why Kuririn and Gohan get away with two wishes behind his back. I remember him falling asleep while holding a strange device which might've been what supposely increased his power. I guess we'll see next episode. It does sound too dumb to be true, but it's how I remember it.

And about his 3rd power up:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-02, 17:45   Link #1291
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The Power Nap should be there in the next Kai episode. It's the reason why Vegeta is not present during the Porunga summoning scene and why Kuririn and Gohan get away with two wishes behind his back. I remember him falling asleep while holding a strange device which might've been what supposely increased his power. I guess we'll see next episode. It does sound too dumb to be true, but it's how I remember it.
Hah, I know what you're referring to now. I don't recall him actually getting a power up from that though. It's too silly for me not to remember it.

Quote:
And about his 3rd power up:

Spoiler:
Bah, technicalities!

Old 2009-12-02, 17:52   Link #1292
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I remember him falling asleep while holding a strange device which might've been what supposely increased his power.
No, that was a clock with an alarm on it.
Old 2009-12-02, 18:00   Link #1293
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
No, that was a clock with an alarm on it.
I think you're right. Don't worry ET, we all get those pesky alarm clocks mixed up with level-up machines all the time, too.

Old 2009-12-02, 18:01   Link #1294
DeX-kun

Yeah, I do remember the Krillin scene with Dende healing him afterwards but I just don't understand how Vegeta went from being man-handled by Recoome to matching up with Frieza's suppressed form, that's just too big of a jump. Vegeta was actually beaten worse on Earth. Or am I confusing the moment he powered up? Vegeta told Krillen to beat him to near death before or after Frieza went into his final form? I apologize, I'm just confused with all these power-ups

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-12-02, 18:05   Link #1295
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Vegeta told Krillen to beat him to near death before or after Frieza went into his final form? I apologize, I'm just confused with all these power-ups
It's after the final form.
Old 2009-12-02, 18:14   Link #1296
DeX-kun

Quote:
It's after the final form.
There we go Yeah, so how is it that Vegeta was able to match Frieza in his suppressed form after a senzu bean? At this point I really do hope that his "Power-nap" actually does happen. Whatever, I just know that I'm going to enjoy this non-stop action of episodes coming up

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-12-02, 18:29   Link #1297
Vicious108

Yeah it might've been just an alarm clock but I'm pretty sure that nap was important to improve Vegeta's well being somehow.

Though I guess he might've been just plain tired and needed a rest. Killing Frieza's every henchman can do that to you.
Old 2009-12-02, 19:41   Link #1298
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
There we go Yeah, so how is it that Vegeta was able to match Frieza in his suppressed form after a senzu bean? At this point I really do hope that his "Power-nap" actually does happen. Whatever, I just know that I'm going to enjoy this non-stop action of episodes coming up
Well, Recoome did rough him up pretty good, so it's sorta justified. I do wonder, though, if some crazy/devoted fan out there actually tried to see if there's a mathematical formula behind the power ups...like, get this injured results in such and such exponential growth in power, or training for 'x' hours under 'y' gravity makes you 'z' stronger. That'd be pretty funny if there's actually some logic in Toriyama's madness.

Old 2009-12-02, 21:07   Link #1299
DeX-kun

Quote:
Well, Recoome did rough him up pretty good, so it's sorta justified. I do wonder, though, if some crazy/devoted fan out there actually tried to see if there's a mathematical formula behind the power ups...like, get this injured results in such and such exponential growth in power, or training for 'x' hours under 'y' gravity makes you 'z' stronger. That'd be pretty funny if there's actually some logic in Toriyama's madness.
But you know, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a method to his madness Even if I am surprised that Vegeta gained so much power after his beat down by Recoome, I should also be surprised at how much Goku's power increased after 6 days of training in that spaceship. Even if Goku did top 180,000 on the scouter before it blew up, he stated that he could have gone much higher since he can multiply his Kaioken

I guess I'm just being picky

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-12-02, 23:49   Link #1300
ChronoReverse

180,000 was just Kaioken 2x, so Goku with 10x could already hit 900,000 when he landed on the planet =O

In any case, Vegeta definitely got a nice boost after the senzu because he was beat up pretty badly against Recoome. Gohan got a nice boost too =)
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote