AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-06, 23:54   Link #41
ani_d

For the record, Shoujo >>>> Harem. ^_~

I totally loved the first episode. The feel of the anime reminded me of Lovely Complex and Ouran. Cute and funny. Kin-chan reminded me of Kuwabara from Yuu Yuu Hakusho haha
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 00:01   Link #42
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i got a very strong special a vibe from this show. don't know why. its interesting, to say the least. i'll follow it for a while to see how it goes.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 01:31   Link #43
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This sounds like it might prove pretty interesting after reading up on the history of the mangaka and the source material.

Will definitely give this series a look. Agree with ani_d that it is much easier to find quality material in this genre than in "harem" which too often takes a predictable somewhat shallow route.
Old 2008-04-07, 01:50   Link #44
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
wow it has been a while to see fat schoolgirl in an anime , seriously... >.<.. anime is my sanctuary from reality is in danger now >.<. Eps was very underwhelming and bland :-/
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 01:51   Link #45
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I really liked the portrayal of the friends and classmates. It's a big part of what made me like this episode and conclude to definitely continue it.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 03:49   Link #46
Blaat

Interesting first episode, but the show is average at best. And Kinnosuke really needs to go though, what an annoying characters.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 04:04   Link #47
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

what's with all the show with kiss in their name?

Well i kinda see that a kiss is special and it would be strange to see titles as kimifuck pure rouge or Itazura na hug.

For now i'm not inclined to follow this show. but maybe if i see positive reactions after a while i go watch six eps in a row and follow the series
Old 2008-04-07, 06:00   Link #48
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

Just watched this back to back with Kanokon and boy did it feel like a breath of fresh air following that show. I agree that it is, in all honesty, a little predictable but its also kind of sweet and charming. It was an eventful first episode that set up the central conflict nicely. I'll definitely be following this for a bit.

Huge thanks for subbing this!
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 06:08   Link #49
ZODDGUTS

Watched the first episode and I liked it much better then the live action version because Kotoko comes out as a loveable dumb like character unlike in the live action where she was potrayed as mentally chanllege...

Also liked the feel to the series it did have lovely complex vibes wouldn't be surprise if lovely complex was influnced a bit from this series.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 06:46   Link #50
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finished up the first episode some funny moments and talk about Irony. The guy you loved called you stupid and basically called you ugly and you end up living at his house OUCH. Itazura was not anything special but it was enjoyable to watch. Looks like the typical they hate each other at first but will grow to love each other romance. That guy was a complete douche and so was his little brother id take a pitchfork to both of them to teach them some manners when dealing with females.
Old 2008-04-07, 09:01   Link #51
FuzzyWuzzy

Nice first episode. It has a lot of potential. I hope they can follow through till the end. I didn't know there's a live action version of this. I may just watch that instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
wow it has been a while to see fat schoolgirl in an anime , seriously... >.<.. anime is my sanctuary from reality is in danger now >.<. Eps was very underwhelming and bland :-/
You have nothing to worry about then since you didn't like it. It's the animes that you like and ruin your sanctuary that you need to worry about.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:34   Link #52
yozaku
Always Idle

I am not really interesting about this anime, oh well coz I don' really into shoujo anime

Hmm but its character quite good, and it has nice art.
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:37   Link #53
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Really Liked The First Ep...Good Start
Oh Kotoko ...Look Cute ^.^
Oh..I Wanna See The Next Ep Soon
Old 2008-04-07, 09:39   Link #54
Jobrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
For the record, Shoujo >>>> Harem. ^_~

I totally loved the first episode. The feel of the anime reminded me of Lovely Complex and Ouran. Cute and funny. Kin-chan reminded me of Kuwabara from Yuu Yuu Hakusho haha
Heh, This is actually rather close to my impression. I'm becoming more and more biased towards Shoujo lately. It ends up being so much more romantic and meaningful in the end. Harem ends up getting too tangled up in fanservice and generally puts the Hero with the worse possible girl.

That said
Spoiler:
Jobrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:42   Link #55
fleng

I find it somewhat weird/creepy that the mangaka of this said series actually died in a House accident while she was moving into a new one.. and the first episode had the house collapsed and almost killing the dad..

this is strangeeeeeee
fleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:58   Link #56
Julius Firefocht

History lesson or not, I think the first episode warrants my attention for at least a while. I watched this right after I watched To Love-Ru and Kanokon, and I think Itazura na Kiss provides the right balance between the harem-fanservice and the shoujo-romance that I require per season.

Not to mention Nana Mizuki did an excellent job voicing Kotoko, and the next episode's preview already promises some more fun and laughter from Kotoko's interactions with Nao. This should be interesting.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 10:18   Link #57
BigGimp77

Meh ok first episode. nothing great but nothing terrible so far. I'll stick around and see if it picks up a bit.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 10:56   Link #58
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

*sigh, this is gonna be another a-hole turn nice guy thing huh? I hope in the end when he finally falls for her, shes already moved on and rejects him.
ForgedGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 11:05   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ever since Bokura ga Ita, nothing in this genre can compare for me, but still that doesn't mean i won't enjoy them. I rather liked the first episode of this --- it's a nice set up, and i see plenty of fun times ahead in this series.
Old 2008-04-07, 11:26   Link #60
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedGlory View Post
*sigh, this is gonna be another a-hole turn nice guy thing huh? I hope in the end when he finally falls for her, shes already moved on and rejects him.
No spoiler, but do note as others say that this is a history lesson of sorts.

Don't expect modernist twists in an older work-turned-anime!

...which is why I won't be following this. Yes, it's the Original, so? Hana Yori Dango already nearly killed me with the sheer audacity of those scums they call major male characters, I don't need another to reduce my precious years to live.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shoujo