AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-25, 13:21   Link #21
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-25, 17:06   Link #22
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-25, 17:51   Link #23
IPv6
blastos.com

here's the summary, Al dies by having the blood seal destroyed. Ed never regain his arm and leg. Winry goes on making parts. The two never got together.

Why such a conclusion? Because they refuse to kill people or use 'human bridge' as stated in this episode. Thus, they can't obtain their goal.
Old 2004-06-25, 19:35   Link #24
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

IPv6:
Spoiler:

Guido:
Spoiler:

Heh, I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed Riza's red eyes! But I never suspected her being an Ishuvaru person. :P
Old 2004-06-25, 22:13   Link #25
IPv6
blastos.com

Gravi-T: One can hope that how it turns out. We are at epi 36, this show is 52 epi(?) ... more than half-way and yet the only person ed is able to kill effectively was Greed who was already weaken.

If there was already an existing philospher stone (completed), don't you think the nme would realized this already rather than trying to direct Ed and company into making one? THe show itself has stated the same fact many times over. THere are stones in development but none has been completed. I think Ed and Al are still too young to take a human life. He couldn't kill those hard core prisoner in whatever episode that might be. Personally, he should of wack all of them and save society on taxes and avenge those who died by these prisoner's hands.

As for meeting their father, that might a possibility or they find out that he died by someone they trust ... just winry found out that mustang killed her parents.
Old 2004-06-26, 01:19   Link #26
inu-fma88fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPv6
here's the summary, Al dies by having the blood seal destroyed. Ed never regain his arm and leg. Winry goes on making parts. The two never got together.

Why such a conclusion? Because they refuse to kill people or use 'human bridge' as stated in this episode. Thus, they can't obtain their goal.
yay i kind of agree with you. i have a feeling that ed will never get his limbs back but i don't think al will die. lol maybe if possible, ed can transfer him into a better armor or sometime of a machin made of automail. (wild imaginations..) winry will probably just stay as friends. yah unless somthing really unpredicatable happens, which will probably will occure so who knows?

i am gonna attemp to do spoilor tags now..
Spoiler for episode 36, 37:
Old 2004-06-26, 09:38   Link #27
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Lol... you guys are too pessimistic. Can it be that you don't like FMA? Or maybe you just dislike Ed and Al and hope for the worst for them... :\
Old 2004-06-26, 15:02   Link #28
IPv6
blastos.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
Lol... you guys are too pessimistic. Can it be that you don't like FMA? Or maybe you just dislike Ed and Al and hope for the worst for them... :\
no, I have enjoyed watching FullMetal Alchemist. The guess are from what has happened thus far. It's a wild educated prediction .
Old 2004-06-26, 17:04   Link #29
avmoghe

This episode just makes me look forward to the rest of the series. Finally we are shown what happened with Mustang confronting the crowd.

And yes, I agree... Ed will never ever get his limbs back. There can't be any ways to make the philosophers stone other than sacrificing more lives. The laws of the universe can't be overcome... just because two brothers who have commited grevious errors WANT there to be another solution. They need to pay for thier violations of taboo's for the rest of their lives....

All this show needs now is an action filled, and heartbreaking conclusion with the main characters realizing that their quest has been for naught. About the only positive thing I see coming out of FMA is the end of corruption in the military.. with possibly Mustang succeeding in becoming the next Fuhrer (although it would be much better for him to suffer a horrible death as repentance for all the people he's killed in the war)

Yup, with the series going the way it is.. I cannot see a happy ending for our unfortnate heroes..
Old 2004-06-27, 12:22   Link #30
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Okay, my prediction for the ending is:
Al gets his body back, but Ed's limbs stay the same way as they are. This is because that they found a person who already had made the Philosopher's Stone, without anyone knowing it and that person was their father: Hohenheim (sp?). Their father also knew Majihal and Dr. Marco, and used all of their knowledge to create the PS. Since he also didn't care for human life, he could create the PS. When Ed and Al confront him, they realize what he has done and there is a climactic battle scene (both mental and physical) between the Alchemists and the Homunculi. People are not things, therefore one can't measure people worthy of dying or not. No one is worth dying for anything. And Ed uses the PS to recreate Al's body and sees that the PS breaks into crums (even though it's a liquid in the beginning) and their father screams "NOOOO!" and jumps Ed in trying to stop him. Hohenheim dies as the father they never had.

Either he dies or Ed/Al dies. Someone WILL die in the last episode. That's what I think.
Old 2004-06-28, 03:36   Link #31
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
Actually this is the first episode that I concidered good and enjoyed for a long, long while -since 25 actually.
Old 2004-06-28, 12:25   Link #32
zanmato

my comprehension from this episode,
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-28, 16:37   Link #33
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Ahh, great episode. More cheerful than the last one, although that isn't saying a lot

Spoiler:

Well. Quite a rant
Old 2004-06-28, 21:13   Link #34
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Spoiler:
That's the whole problem with the whole racism angle. Edward was never portrayed as a racist against the Ishuvaruns the whole time until this 'sudden' revelation in a scene to teach morals. Even when Al got kidnapped and he was at the rescue scene with them, he displayed nary an emotion.

However suddenly they now say that when he first saw Scar, he got frightened by their differences (red eyes) and led him to fear/dislike the Ishuvaruns. It's almost a casual throw-in by the anime crew with no concern to the overall flow, just for the sake of introducing a controvesial element with a 'feel-good' solution.
Old 2004-06-28, 21:28   Link #35
avmoghe

In my opinion, the so called "racism" in this episode is nothing more than a general tendency of humans to be atleast a bit cautious of coming across something different than what they are used to seeing. (this doesn't even have to be a person.. it applies to anything.. a new animal, a new environment.. etc)

Picture yourself coming across a person who was completely blue for argument's sake.. I will admit myself that I would be cautious when approaching the person. The initial cautious-ness does not make me a racist... what WOULD make me a racist is even after realizing the blue person is a regular human, I STILL keep staying away from him/her for the reason of the person's 'blueness'.

Ed and Al aren't racists... they treat the Ishbal people exactly like they treat anyone else. Atleast in my book, being cautious when something you have never encountered before is not racism.
Old 2004-06-29, 09:58   Link #36
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
That's the whole problem with the whole racism angle. Edward was never portrayed as a racist against the Ishuvaruns the whole time until this 'sudden' revelation in a scene to teach morals. Even when Al got kidnapped and he was at the rescue scene with them, he displayed nary an emotion.

However suddenly they now say that when he first saw Scar, he got frightened by their differences (red eyes) and led him to fear/dislike the Ishuvaruns. It's almost a casual throw-in by the anime crew with no concern to the overall flow, just for the sake of introducing a controvesial element with a 'feel-good' solution.

I was wondering about that, too. It's obvious he was frightened of Scar at first, and his different appearance only added to the fear (c'mon, red eyes are DEFINITELY scary when they're on a person who's trying to kill you). Think about the Homunculus - they're just frightening. But you make a good point with Bones just throwing in this scene without any foundation. His interaction with the Ishbalites was never before strained by fear or dislike or distrust or whatever. So yeah, I agree with you.
Closed Thread