AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-03-29, 14:42   Link #401
kyosak
poo

Spoiler for huge pic:

Full page ad on Yomiuri newspaper. o.o
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 14:51   Link #402
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

^Yeah, uh, according to Canned Dogs article that must've costed them somewhere around ~US$359k.

This season it seems like everyone's going crazy with anime. First K-ON!! airing in over nine thousand different stations all over Japan and now this ad. What the heck!
Old 2010-03-29, 15:22   Link #403
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Spoiler for huge pic:

Full page ad on Yomiuri newspaper. o.o
For some reason, this pic reminds me a lot of Haruhi What's her name again?

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 16:41   Link #404
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
For some reason, this pic reminds me a lot of Haruhi
I'm kind of curious about Angel Beats just to see how (if) they pull this off. I assume they are going for a tribute. Given the prominence of this character in promotional materials, this has to be more than a passing reference.
Old 2010-03-29, 17:56   Link #405
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Uh, not sure if this is old but the ANN page now has listings for the rest of the character voices. I am somewhat curious as to why there is an American guy in the middle of the cast? Is it an error or should I brace for some gaijin in the middle of the show? Do we all get to the same place after we die and it doesn't matter if we're American, Japanese, French, whatever?!

Angel Beats ANN Page

Quote:
Michael Rivas as TK
????
Old 2010-03-29, 17:58   Link #406
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i thought that was Haruhi at first glance.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 18:14   Link #407
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
I'm kind of curious about Angel Beats just to see how (if) they pull this off. I assume they are going for a tribute. Given the prominence of this character in promotional materials, this has to be more than a passing reference.
Yuri does reminds me of Haruhi, and Angel ( Tenshi ) reminds me of Nagato Yuki....
I wonder if they might show a Haruhi reference.....

I'm having a feeling that Angel Beats! will be popular.
SealkidHaruhiism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 18:18   Link #408
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

This thread has 11 pages, it's being written by Key, PA Works is the animator, and it's being funded by Aniplex. With all of this hype, it better at least be better than decent.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 01:01   Link #409
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
And the Haruhi comparisons still go on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I've been waiting all week for a comment like this
Sorry had to say it I was confused...and there were two posts that looked like double posts lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Also, what's with all this PR about its animation quality being high? If Key fans had cared about graphics, they wouldn't have finished most of the games, with Hinoue's *cough* drawings...
Hey hey no don't go there. If it is her style you don't like then fine, but don't go and say her art is not quality. The art is beautiful that KEY produces it is unique and stands out from the rest.

As for the story from what I know about Maeda with complete control will go for not so happy ending from what I've seen and read.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 01:15   Link #410
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Hah, alright. Let's say it's an art style. If we had a poll ranking the character arts between say Planetarian and Clannad, or between LB's Kud route and Haruka route, I'd be very surprised if the latters are ranked higher.
Old 2010-03-30, 01:20   Link #411
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Hah, alright. Let's say it's an art style. If we had a poll ranking the character arts between say Planetarian and Clannad, or between LB's Kud route and Haruka route, I'd be very surprised if the latters are ranked higher.
Hmmm, personally I thought Haruka's route was waaaaaaaaay better than Kudo's. I guess Kudo is such a popular character I can see her route ranking higher (I don't see the appeal, lol).... And I haven't touched Planetarian but the Clannad VN art style is very attractive IMO. I prefer it over styles in lots of newer games I see coming out. :P
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 10:03   Link #412
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
^Yeah, uh, according to Canned Dogs article that must've costed them somewhere around ~US$359k.
I just don't believe that number. I don't know how big that newspaper is nor do I know how many people read it but THREEHUNDREDFIFTYNINE - THOUSAND just for that ad just sounds ridiculous. No newspaper will ever charge that much even if it's a full page ad.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 12:15   Link #413
Junkie

No, really.
http://adv.yomiuri.co.jp/m-data/engl...apers/cpm.html
But of course one can always negotiate for a discount.
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 12:16   Link #414
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I just don't believe that number. I don't know how big that newspaper is nor do I know how many people read it but THREEHUNDREDFIFTYNINE - THOUSAND just for that ad just sounds ridiculous. No newspaper will ever charge that much even if it's a full page ad.
I don't think you know how much money is made out of advertising. Nor how much it costs to advertise on stuff nowadays.

I mean, seriously, I have no idea how the Japanese reality regarding this matter is, but comparing to the stuff I get to know from where I live, there's really hardly anything idiotic about that number. Advertising is expensive.
Old 2010-03-30, 12:55   Link #415
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Uh, not sure if this is old but the ANN page now has listings for the rest of the character voices. I am somewhat curious as to why there is an American guy in the middle of the cast? Is it an error or should I brace for some gaijin in the middle of the show? Do we all get to the same place after we die and it doesn't matter if we're American, Japanese, French, whatever?!

Angel Beats ANN Page

????
I'm intrigued. Anyone found info that confirms this?
Old 2010-03-30, 12:58   Link #416
Midonin
Last Engage

The show's own website?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 13:06   Link #417
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
The Yomiuri Shimbun: 15 columns or more in nationwide morning edition. (six-month contract)
Uh, so it's for 6 months and not just once like I assumed. Of course $359k is outrageous for a one-time ad, but if it's for 6 months then it seems ok.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 13:07   Link #418
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Looks like it ain't an error after all, as Blue-kun initially thought. Still, I I have to hear this guy for myself.

EDIT: O_O This guy's STAFF in dubs rather than part of the voice cast. Could Angel Beats! be this guy's voice debut, or has ANN mixed up this Michael Rivas with another one?
Old 2010-03-30, 14:08   Link #419
Scython

Hm...didn't realise the VA of Yuri has also had a role in 15 Bishoujo Hyouryuuki, which is a (nice) hentai.

More reasons to watch this show olol.
Scython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 15:33   Link #420
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Could Angel Beats! be this guy's voice debut, or has ANN mixed up this Michael Rivas with another one?
I think it's most likely to be just a different person with the same name, but I guess there's no way to be 100% sure at this point.

Tags
key