AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-01, 15:04   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Negima!? licensed by FUNimation

FUNimation have announced the license for Negima!? at Anime Expo 2007. Release due in 2008. See AoD and ANN for more details. At this point in time we are assuming that both the TV series and the OVA are licensed.

Feel free to discuss the topic in this thread. And as usual, any discussion about where to download the Negima!? anime are no longer allowed.
Old 2007-07-01, 19:39   Link #2
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Meh. No biggie here, since the only group that was subbing it dropped it long ago, give or take an episode. -_-
Old 2007-07-02, 10:59   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wonderful news --- though i have to admit i'm not that shocked, what with Moon Phase license on the brain.

Oh i can't wait for wonderful DVD quality.
Old 2007-07-02, 11:08   Link #4
KeybladeMaster
PaniPoni Member

i wonder if funimation will do the same that ADV with paniponi, because it also has many jokes of the same style
Old 2007-07-02, 12:07   Link #5
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Here's hoping that Funi will bring the Neo-Pactio cards to America when they release this version of Negima.
Old 2007-07-02, 12:57   Link #6
Midonin
Last Engage

Nice. I've started watching Negima!?, and would be excited to own it.
Old 2007-07-02, 13:12   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sigh..... well, at least that fits in with their snare of the first Negima.
I'll have to stew on this one since I'm so bipolar about the series.
Old 2007-07-04, 00:45   Link #8
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

@KeybladeMaster
Yeah.. I was pleasantly surprised at how ADV actually did a good job on Pani Poni Dash! How is Funimation's track record with this type of anime?

As for buying, I'll probably try to collect up till episode ~10ish. The rest, I don't think I'll bother (although I've yet to see episode 21 and up).
Old 2007-07-04, 13:11   Link #9
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
As for buying, I'll probably try to collect up till episode ~10ish. The rest, I don't think I'll bother (although I've yet to see episode 21 and up).
Outside of episode 21
Spoiler for Ep. 21:
the rest are definitely "skip", with episode 22 revealing two of the biggest flaws that the show has.
Old 2007-07-04, 21:58   Link #10
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
@KeybladeMaster
Yeah.. I was pleasantly surprised at how ADV actually did a good job on Pani Poni Dash!
Why were you surprised by ADV's competence when it came to PPD!? After their top-grade jobs on Excel Saga and AzuDai, I would have been more surprised if they messed up.
Old 2007-07-07, 20:44   Link #11
Maritime
Oceanic

While I'm certainly glad that FUNimation has chosen to license Negima!? I'm a little pissed that I'll now have to wait about two years before I get to see how this series ends.
Old 2007-08-28, 17:26   Link #12
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Here's hoping that Funi will bring the Neo-Pactio cards to America when they release this version of Negima.
A complete deck of all 31 -- and with the 3 types of cards. That would be sweet. Heck, make a card game out of it.
Old 2007-08-29, 00:25   Link #13
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuuA4 View Post
A complete deck of all 31 -- and with the 3 types of cards. That would be sweet. Heck, make a card game out of it.
Sadly, don't expect the cards to come over to America. I asked about this during the Funimation panel at Otakon last month, and the representative from the company said that they weren't going to bring the Neo-Pactio cards over to America for the R1 DVD release.
Old 2007-09-06, 08:30   Link #14
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Sadly, don't expect the cards to come over to America. I asked about this during the Funimation panel at Otakon last month, and the representative from the company said that they weren't going to bring the Neo-Pactio cards over to America for the R1 DVD release.
Awww! I would like to get my hands on those Pactio cards...
Old 2007-10-03, 01:29   Link #15
Mad Dog
Banned

I keep asking myself why would Funimation go and do this for? Negima!? was a total flop. They'd just be wasting their money on this show. And yes personally i hated the 2nd series. The 1st series was ok, at least they basically stuck with the manga story line, but Negima!? was a total rewrite and i just didn't like it. I just don't approve of Funimation doing this. Leave it in Japan.
Old 2007-10-21, 03:06   Link #16
seraphofevil

The voice acting would be so horrible D: -hoping for someone to bomb funimation-
Old 2007-10-24, 11:12   Link #17
Mad Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphofevil View Post
The voice acting would be so horrible D: -hoping for someone to bomb funimation-
I thought the same thing when i heard the news......
Old 2007-10-29, 09:04   Link #18
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Any more news on this? I'm missing the entire latter arc (episodes 20+), which I heard was much better than the earlier half of the Star Crystal arc. Unfortunately Negima!? raws are really hard to come by (hoping for an early 2008 release...)
Old 2007-10-30, 13:15   Link #19
Mad Dog
Banned

Quote:
Any more news on this? I'm missing the entire latter arc (episodes 20+), which I heard was much better than the earlier half of the Star Crystal arc. Unfortunately Negima!? raws are really hard to come by (hoping for an early 2008 release...)
Unfortunately Negima!? has been licensed so all fan subbing work for the show has stopped. You won't get anything beyond episode 15 at most.
Old 2007-10-30, 15:47   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The last arc (ep20+) was a bit "better" ... but still ultimately disappointing to me (like the last few epsiodes of Pani Poni Dash but without the humor that made it tolerable).

There's no 'dark hat' fansubs after ep 20 ... but I deleted my collection of raws and subs of the series and don't plan on buying the Funimation package. Feel a bit sorry for Funimation for buying into this, hope they sell enough not to punt on future attempts.