AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2008-08-22, 11:01   Link #41
duckroll
綺羅星★!

There's a rumored full staff list going around on 2ch, based on a "leak" on the mixi blogs. It claims that the series will be a collaboration between BONES and Doga Kobo, but there's really nothing to substantiate the rumor.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:49   Link #42
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Oh boy.

Thanks to Full Metal Alchemist Season 1 (and the movie), the 30th of December for the last 5 years of Comiket has been devoted entirely to doujinshis of Ed and Al in "situations."

Thanks to this new TV series, it looks like the 30th of December will be the day of "Brotherly Love" for a few more years to come.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 19:07   Link #43
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well will be confirmed in the upcoming 20th volume issue of the manga proper. Here's the details:

Should be good news for fans. Here's to the envitable reunion of Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya in their legendary roles as Edward and Alphonse Elric.
it will be interesting to see what approach they use to bring the brothers back. I bet the winry will be hapy but they probably will have her married and with kids in the sequel!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 19:28   Link #44
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Heres hoping for a reunion of Ed and Winry... the ending of the movie left a horrible taste in my mouth.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 23:44   Link #45
Chanberry

Oh, I'm really excited for this. I've been waiting so long for a remake! I personally am looking forward to seeing all the characters from Xing and Briggs Mt. appear.
Chanberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 00:10   Link #46
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanberry View Post
Oh, I'm really excited for this. I've been waiting so long for a remake! I personally am looking forward to seeing all the characters from Xing and Briggs Mt. appear.
what are you talking about remake?? Its a sequel
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 01:01   Link #47
kujoe
from head to heel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the series follow the manga up to a certain point before it diverges into something different entirely?

If so, when is this? And has there been any info if this new series will start from the very beginning once again?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 01:10   Link #48
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

YESSS
Im so happy
Old 2008-08-23, 01:18   Link #49
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the series follow the manga up to a certain point before it diverges into something different entirely?

If so, when is this?
The series "follows" the manga with some minor changes up until around the fifth lab. At that point, it slightly diverges. (Approximately ep 19.) They still roughly followed the manga up until episode 25 or so. (There were a number of filler/non-manga story lines prior.)

Quote:
And has there been any info if this new series will start from the very beginning once again?
The rumor is full reboot from scratch.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 01:19   Link #50
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
what are you talking about remake?? Its a sequel
Uh it hasn't been confirm that I'll be a sequel buddy unless you have a source to provide to us that says it will be. Though rumors for quite awhile now have been saying that there was going to be another FMA anime and guess what it turn out to be true, also part of that rumor was that it's going to be a remake, plus adding the fact that the manga is going to end soon it adds more fuel as to this possibly is going to be a remake that follows the manga to the very end.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 02:01   Link #51
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Heres hoping for a reunion of Ed and Winry... the ending of the movie left a horrible taste in my mouth.
And yet i thought it was fitting.
*isn't a EDxWinry fangirl*
What i didn't like was hawkeye being abandoned on the ground, what was that about?!
We did't even see if Roy came back to her.

And yeah cause of the anmie catching up so fast to the manga originally back in 2004, was the reason the anime went tangent, but it was still awesome.

I've not read the manga and im sure many others haven't either. So if this is a remake based soley from the manga (like hellsing ultimate) - please to take care on what you all say (this is to manga readers)

That means, people like me are vunerable to spoilers and since there's an entire story plot i've yet to see, it'd be a shame to find things out before it gets animated.
I wanna susbcribe and keep close track of this thread, but am semi in fear of someone saying something related from the manga ><;;;
(It was so nice when anime went tangent, meant no one could predict anything)

As for latest news from Japan, 9th April 2009, there will be a Hagaren Spring Festival with the VA's appearing as guest as well as chances to grab all kinds of merchandise, etc.
They're currently taking pre orders for the Ultimate collection set (TV series, movie, OVA + all VA singles)...was tempted to buy it but then already got movie collectors edition and its £300 of my moolah ($600)

I've yet to translate the rest of the details, but for those who can read Japanese, this is a website you'd wanna bookmark.
http://www.aniplex.co.jp/hagaren/news/index.html

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 11:38   Link #52
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Uh it hasn't been confirm that I'll be a sequel buddy unless you have a source to provide to us that says it will be. Though rumors for quite awhile now have been saying that there was going to be another FMA anime and guess what it turn out to be true, also part of that rumor was that it's going to be a remake, plus adding the fact that the manga is going to end soon it adds more fuel as to this possibly is going to be a remake that follows the manga to the very end.
Yeah, I think so too. And I think most people are hoping for a remake and not a sequel, or is it just me?
Old 2008-08-23, 18:16   Link #53
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Here's the rumored staff listing that's from mixi and 2ch. There is NOTHING to indicate this is real, but since there's no more "FMA rumors and speculation" thread and we're stuck with this one, I'll post it here. I've translated all the staff names and the text note at the end about how the production is progressing. Once again, this could very well be totally fake, so take it with huge grains of salt, it's just that we don't have anything else to discuss about for now, so...

Spoiler for Warning! Rumors! Could be FAKE!!:
Old 2008-08-23, 20:28   Link #54
blewin

for someone who hasn't read the manga, I wouldn't mind having a complete remake of FMA following the manga's plotline. After all, the real ending might be more surprising and pleasing than the anime ending. well, maybe.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 09:30   Link #55
cereal_killerxx

Please let this be true! I've been waiting and hoping for a long time!
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 15:14   Link #56
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I checked up on the Yasuhiro Irie director, this seems to be his first Anime Director role.

I'm a bit worried.

Why can't they just get Mizushima again?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 06:38   Link #57
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I checked up on the Yasuhiro Irie director, this seems to be his first Anime Director role.

I'm a bit worried.

Why can't they just get Mizushima again?
Irie directed Kurau. He's far from being an industry newbie. He's been animating various things for a long time now. The entire Soul Eater opening sequence was directed, storyboarded and keyframed by him alone as well. It's pretty insulting to suggest he's inexperienced.

Mizushima wouldn't be interested in a new FMA anyway. He's stated before that he's told all he wanted to tell in the FMA world, and it would be hard to get all the staff together again. He's working on Gundam 00 now, so why would he be interested in going back and working on FMA from scratch again except with even less creative freedom since it's based on the manga?
Old 2008-09-01, 01:47   Link #58
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Irie directed Kurau. He's far from being an industry newbie. He's been animating various things for a long time now. The entire Soul Eater opening sequence was directed, storyboarded and keyframed by him alone as well. It's pretty insulting to suggest he's inexperienced.

Mizushima wouldn't be interested in a new FMA anyway. He's stated before that he's told all he wanted to tell in the FMA world, and it would be hard to get all the staff together again. He's working on Gundam 00 now, so why would he be interested in going back and working on FMA from scratch again except with even less creative freedom since it's based on the manga?
Sorry buddy, I didn't mean harm to the new director.

I probably overlooked his profile, I didn't know he directed Kurau. So I thought it was his first Anime director role. And I didn't think directing and animating openings would give him much experience to supervise an entire project.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 11:42   Link #59
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Great news, indeed. Here's one fan hoping that the tone of this doesn't stray too much from the original anime adaptation (as I kinda liked the different vibe, as opposed to the manga - wich I also love).
I'm hopeful.
BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 11:15   Link #60
Icehawk

I've got mixed feelings on the prospect of a complete remake. On one hand, yes it would be cool to see a more faithful manga adaptation that better follows the original creator story to its proper end. As well, would be nice if they do it in HD resolution as well. However, on the other hand it also seems like its a bit too early and not really necessary to go for a complete remake of the show at this point IMO.

More ideally for me they should just make an actual original second season that would override the shallow and rushed movie storyline with a more fleshed out and proper continuation from the ending of the first TV series.

The movie touched on a lot of cool idea's but due to its constrained length couldnt properly explore them such as the discovery and consequences of nuclear fission through alchemy and other things.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, shounen