AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-16, 06:55   Link #20321
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
While age would have something to do with it, I don't think age alone represents how powerful a vampire is in R+V. We know implicitly that at a certain point, a Vampire's aging process halts and they will continue to live for a long time, tho not neccessarily forever. This gives them the chance to grow stronger over time, but they don't automatically grow stronger as they do in traditional mythology, they'd have to work for it. Since they're not bound by aging, they can only get stronger, but they have to train in order to become so because they're not undead. Age (or lack thereof) does help, but not to the extent of automatic power growth.

That said, Issa, being the (former?) head of the Shuzen, and Gyokuro, being the leader of Fairy Tale and quite likely the new head judging by what Kahlua said about the Shuzen giving FT their full support and the fact Gyokuro is its commander in chief, are most likely very old Vampires themselves, so they've had plenty of lifetimes to grow, train and fight to become stronger. Tho they don't have Shinso blood, they are likely to be very powerful, more so than Moka and Tsukune, for certain, considering Kahlua gave Moka a run for her money despite not having Shinso blood. Because they are old, they are powerful, but I doubt that's all there is to it and I do believe they've had a much larger share of battles than Tsukune & co.
No doubt on that, especially Issa. Since he was the head of the Shuzen family, a lot of people wanted to take him down, so he probably had numerous battles while he ruled the castle. Kokoa herself said that many of the recent visitors were violent ones. And you're right about the need for constant training, especially for someone in his position.

As for Gyokuro, I'm not sure how many battles she's personally fought. With Issa at the helm, she shouldn't have to. Hmm, but maybe she trained while she was away from the castle for so long, plotting to overthrow Akasha. Yes that would make sense. And if her powers are similar to Kahlua's (and they must be) she's probably trained them diligently. And unlike her daughter, she has no qualms about striking anyone down. She smiles at the thought of genocide, what a disturbing woman. I dare say at this point, only Fuhai or Mikogami (if he helps out) would be able to take her down in single combat. But we'll find out soon enough. Until then...

Last edited by Alhazad2003; 2011-06-16 at 10:12.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 07:13   Link #20322
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
No doubt on that, especially Issa. Since he was the head of the Shuzen family, a lot of people wanted to take him down, so he probably had numerous battles while he ruled the castle. Kokoa herself said that many of the recent visitors were violent ones. And you're right about the need for constant training, especially for someone in his position.

As for Gyokuro, I'm not sure how many battles she's personally fought. WIth Issa at the helm, she shouldn't have to. Hmm, but maybe she trained while she was away from the castle for so long, plotting to overthrow Akasha. Yes that would make sense. And if her powers are similar to Kahlua's (and they must be) she's probably trained them diligently. And unlike her daughter, she has no qualms about striking anyone down. She smiles at the thought of genocide, what a disturbing woman. I dare say at this point, only Fuhai or Mikogami (if he helps out) would be able to take her down in single combat. But we'll find out soon enough. Until then...
As far as Gyokuro's concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if she was carrying out contract missions like assassinations or if she was in charge of certain faction of Vampires in order to assist Issa in keeping control of the Vampires and assigning contracts to them. That would mean Gyokuro herself would have to be quite powerful, close to Issa as a matter of fact, considering her position. Also, the fact she's in charge of FT's military ops speaks for itself. So yes, she's quite likely as strong as either Mikogami and Fuhai-sensei at this point.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 08:12   Link #20323
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Karua is a bad example... she's been trained for years solely as an assassin, which is why Moka had such a tough time with her. I'm pretty sure all the sisters are younger than 25 (though who knows how old Akua is...)

Unfortunately, we only know three real ages: Kokoa, Moka, and Akasha (okay, so hers is more a relative age). Karua and Akua we can get a rough idea of, whereas Gyokuro and Issa... well, who knows?

BTW, Alucard isn't being included in this count because he's the oldest Shinso, and is at least 600 years old (considering that the original legends of the vampires, namely Dracula, are somewhere between the 1200's and 1400's, IIRC)
Whoa whoa, who said anything about Dracula being related to Alucard? Once again, I think Ikeda's made it clear by now you can't just take real life vampire mythology and apply it to his series. Last I checked there was no Dracula in RV, so you can't exactly say Alucard is 600.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 08:39   Link #20324
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Gueess I am XD
Old 2011-06-16, 08:41   Link #20325
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Gueess I am XD
To want to see Akua die? I'm not sure how that would work, and I don't think Moka would like it, and prolly Akasha neither. But I do want to see Gyokuro burn in hell
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 10:11   Link #20326
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Whoa whoa, who said anything about Dracula being related to Alucard? Once again, I think Ikeda's made it clear by now you can't just take real life vampire mythology and apply it to his series. Last I checked there was no Dracula in RV, so you can't exactly say Alucard is 600.
Simple, Dracula is in most stories and the first vampire story considered the first vampire. Alucard in RV is said to be the first vampire, hence whether he is called alucard or dracula I think it speaks for itself to see alucard as the dracula of this story. However it is indeed impossible to estimate his age based on another story.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 10:33   Link #20327
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Simple, Dracula is in most stories and the first vampire story considered the first vampire. Alucard in RV is said to be the first vampire, hence whether he is called alucard or dracula I think it speaks for itself to see alucard as the dracula of this story. However it is indeed impossible to estimate his age based on another story.
Yes, however, probably before the end of the manga,I hope there is shown as Alucard was before becoming a monster,And and what happened with Akasha...
Old 2011-06-16, 13:25   Link #20328
khprincessh

i want to see inner moka beat the freaking crap out of Akua man i miss seeing moka kick peoples butts
Old 2011-06-16, 13:26   Link #20329
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
um... spell draculA backwards (and yes, I just did that on purpose). As was also stated, Dracula is where most stories trace back to for the origin of vampires these days (there are exceptions, such as Underworld's lore, but that's a different topic)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 14:36   Link #20330
Xagzan

Yes, I know it's that spelled backward. But that's really a superficial thing. There's no actual Dracula in RV and you can't extrapolate from real myths about him to find Alucard's age.
Old 2011-06-16, 14:58   Link #20331
Miles Teg

We did have a whip coming from a certain Belmont some time ago, and in the same game a certain Adrian Farenheights Tepes was nicknamed Alucard and was the son of Dracula

Quote:
Alucard is the son of Dracula, the antagonist of the Castlevania series. Due to his human mother, Lisa, Alucard is a dhampir, a half-human, half-vampire. His mother's death and admonition not to hate humanity caused him to take up arms against his father.[...]he fights against his father alongside the vampire hunters of the Belmont clan[...]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alucard_%28Castlevania%29

About Moka father, perhaps Hokuto and Kiria are working for him making the second faction of Fairy Tale.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 15:47   Link #20332
khprincessh

wait so that pic of that guy is mokas father? wait what? i am confused????????
Old 2011-06-16, 16:33   Link #20333
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
We did have a whip coming from a certain Belmont some time ago, and in the same game a certain Adrian Farenheights Tepes was nicknamed Alucard and was the son of Dracula

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alucard_%28Castlevania%29

About Moka father, perhaps Hokuto and Kiria are working for him making the second faction of Fairy Tale.
Okayy, but this isn't Castlevania. And shoutouts to other series don't determine other plot points. You can't just say "Oh, Castlevania has Alucard son of Dracula, that must be the same for RV too."
Old 2011-06-16, 18:23   Link #20334
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I think we're just bashing our heads against theories again... Haven't done it in a while though so I guess it was bound to happen again.

Oh wow, they have a 'Akasha Bloodriver vs Tsunade' battle poll...? ... Whoever's on Akasha's side, while I applaud their loyalty, they don't understand the R+V vampire powers well enough to make the nessecary comparisions to Tsunade.
...you know what....I'm bored... and I got time.

Spoiler for Akasha vs Tsunade:

Ah, now that that's out of my system...

Last edited by Tempest35; 2011-06-16 at 18:34.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 19:07   Link #20335
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Okayy, but this isn't Castlevania. And shoutouts to other series don't determine other plot points. You can't just say "Oh, Castlevania has Alucard son of Dracula, that must be the same for RV too."
The first time I saw him, and read the way they described him and his abilities, I was actually calling him Dracula for a long time, because they shared a lot of the same characteristics (titanic demonic power, insane hatred of humans, and the power of dominance [absorbing youkai abilities]). So I regarded him as the RV version of Dracula. Love to see his background, when he was still humanoid and "supposedly" worked for the Shuzen clan. How much is true is anyone's guess, save for the mangaka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I think we're just bashing our heads against theories again... Haven't done it in a while though so I guess it was bound to happen again.

Oh wow, they have a 'Akasha Bloodriver vs Tsunade' battle poll...? ... Whoever's on Akasha's side, while I applaud their loyalty, they don't understand the R+V vampire powers well enough to make the nessecary comparisions to Tsunade.
...you know what....I'm bored... and I got time.

Spoiler for Akasha vs Tsunade:

Ah, now that that's out of my system...
Ditto, unless Tsunade can gather enough power to kill Akasha with one hit, she's gonna lose. With that high-speed regeneration of hers, it would take something akin to a nuclear missile to actually kill her, or possibly something even more powerful which hasn't been invented. Which is why she told Moka it's impossible to actually kill Alucard. So how exactly will they deal with him? I guess we'll have to wait and see. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 20:21   Link #20336
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Probably the only way to kill Alucard is to open a dimension to hell and put him there.
Old 2011-06-16, 23:54   Link #20337
Chris38

Well, we still don't know how Ikeda plans to neutralize the threat of Alucard, and considering the fact that Akasha needed the help of Tohou Fuhai and Mikogami to seal a "fully powered Alucard", and even against a weakened Alucard she wasn't capable of resealing him without getting injured - but that was mostly due to the fact that she wanted to save Moka.

Anyway, what we do know is that continuing to reseal Alucard isn't going to solve the problem, it's just going to burden the future generations, like what Akasha did, by burdening Moka (and Tsukune, due to the fact that Moka's Shinso blood has been injected into him as well) with the task of keeping Alucard sealed.

Considering the fact that neither Tsukune nor Moka are as strong as Akasha was, and since it was already stated that a vampires power increases as they grow older (R+V II,chapter 31, page 9), it will probably take some time, before they become as strong as a 200 year old Shinso vampire, so a direct confrontation between Tsukune, Moka and Alucard probably isn't the best solution to neutralize the threat of Alucard.

Tsukune's and Moka's power levels are also part of the reason why I doubt that Alucard is going to be revived anytime soon, since the gaps in power are too large for Moka and Tsukune to be able to survive such encounter.

Basically speaking, at the current point of the story, I don't think that we would be able to find a solution, on how to eliminate the threat of Alucard...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:06   Link #20338
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I'm out the loop and haven't had time to catch up yet as I've just got back off holiday and read through Chapter 42.
Gotta say really enjoyed it. It was good to see a reminder Ikeda hasn't completely forgotten some of the funny elements of the series in lieu of drama we've seen all too much of recently.
Tsukune's eyes also seemed to look a bit different too me in the upclose shot early in the chapter

Now lets go see about knocking a city out the sky
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 06:48   Link #20339
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Now lets go see about knocking a city out the sky
That will actually happen no doubt, but i bet Alucard will be the one to do it, considering the massive size of the floating fortress
Old 2011-06-18, 12:48   Link #20340
khprincessh

kenjiharima
i love you sig it is so cute

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire