AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-27, 07:33   Link #19641
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@Demi
One tenth of a second is too fast.

The average number of professional (probably Mondo grosso participant) is 0.7 s (according to Chifuyu) and Charl's average time is 2 s, and already considered uber fast for her age. (In sacred Twins it's 1.2 s instead)

@ Eras

And where exactly that motivation came from I wonder?
Old 2012-01-27, 07:36   Link #19642
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: It's not necessarily 0.1 when I say tenth's of seconds, it can be 0.3 - 0.5 And in this case Charlotte is only prompting, the actual summoning is done by the support AIs.

@eras: Don't tell me :O okay so what happened?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 07:40   Link #19643
Eratas123

Huh? What motivation? I was just happy to get it done and over with since I need to get started on FI chapter 4 soon.
Old 2012-01-27, 07:44   Link #19644
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I mean you work faster than with your own fic despite you said it was mostly rewritten.

Maybe it's the draft that's already good enough?
Old 2012-01-27, 07:50   Link #19645
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
In case you wonder why that ShiroKishi has comparable ability to a Second-shift 3rd gen I.S., it because that unit pretty much sacrifice barrier strength for maximum mobility and agility. Otherwise, it has only 65% output of normal I.S. due to the unusual state of cores >.<
Old 2012-01-27, 07:51   Link #19646
Eratas123

I guess I just like the story. By the way, Kanzashi took a major level in badass while Cecilia took a major level in jerkass Also, if something's already written, I tend to be able to find ways to improve it easily compared to scratching something up on my own.

Side note - I seem to be getting a budding career as a beta reader I'm helping Treme with his, beta-reading and co-authoring with Fujin, and I might do Fangking's latest crossover if he needs it. Oh well, at least I have an excuse as to why I'm not updating.
Old 2012-01-27, 07:51   Link #19647
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: canon statement?

EDIT: Wait you mean Joshua's? I don't really question it as I think it's more weird than anything. only having 4 missiles doesn't make sense unless he was purposely fighting non-IS units because it was stated many times by you guys that missiles don't really have a use outside of mass firing. Blue Tears being the only exception because the missile launchers are either shot point blank or they follow the target around before shooting.
Old 2012-01-27, 07:55   Link #19648
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, it's the new White Knight using refurbished core.

The older white knight has similar maneuverability but has better defense and weaponry output.

EDIT: They DO have extreme punching power (able to blow a 20 m crater in the ground) but of course he had limited ammo. On the other hand, it's best used as distraction and indeed, mass bombardment for hit-and-run attack (at lower altitude where I.S. speed are greatly restricted, missile still able to chase them)

@ Eras

Maybe you has a penchant as story editor. You knew how to write a fic, and what kind of fic is good material, yet unable to put your own idea when you want to
Old 2012-01-27, 08:02   Link #19649
Eratas123

Actually, I just tend to be chronically lazy. As I stated before, I finished this in one day and I wasn't even able to do it for the whole day. I could do FI, but I feel lazy most of the time. Remember the SWC? I actually cared more about that and I did a single chapter per day along with the IKaron story.
Old 2012-01-27, 08:06   Link #19650
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: Compared to the 2nd shifts thus far... does the Chevalier system I thought up seem underwhelming?
Old 2012-01-27, 08:09   Link #19651
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not really, the rapid switch paired with proper weaponry will works extremely well if the pilot knew what to do.

On the other hand, raising specs and bus slot by 20% seems overkill by itself , so about 15 % is enough (3 slot).
Old 2012-01-27, 08:13   Link #19652
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: the oddity in the chevalier system is that she has to switch between AI to access the rapid switch of that equalizer class. And the speed of switching AI is kind of like her normal switching speed since the AI's have no part in that and can't support her there. So she can only rapid switch either melee weapons, ranged weapons, shields or boosters at a time Kind of like switching modes actually

Which now inspires me to give her a one-off ability that activates all AI at once for a short period of time
Old 2012-01-27, 08:15   Link #19653
HasuMasu
*Artist

How ridiculous is an IS whose primary focus is the use of artificial muscles? When the system is activated, your body is tricked into producing adrenaline which the IS will harvest and use for the artificial muscles. The life-support that every IS has makes this a bit less dangerous, but it's still not advised to keep this mode up for extended periods of time.

Not sure what I'm going to do with that though.
Old 2012-01-27, 08:19   Link #19654
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@tyranid: Oddly enough, I think after activating that system. It would be dangerous for the pilot to dismount her IS because adrenaline production means forced fight or flight mode and I'm pretty sure the after effects of extended periods are either going comatose or dying due to exhaustion.
Old 2012-01-27, 08:19   Link #19655
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Box
That sound like Skull Suit on anti-depressant

Oh wait, that's more like fridge brilliance, mind I use that?

@ Demi

Remember Ichika fell onto his knees as soon as ByakuShiki disappeared after his crazy 3 hour brawl with Houki and Cecilia? That's exactly what happens, lose support and suddenly your body feels broken.
Old 2012-01-27, 08:22   Link #19656
Eratas123

At least it doesn't look like it kills ya
Old 2012-01-27, 08:22   Link #19657
HasuMasu
*Artist

I got the idea from FLCL oddly enough.
Old 2012-01-27, 08:23   Link #19658
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Anyway.....

Result of combining Male concept with female character:

The female main lead will not be a butt mokey.... instead I will just give it to a male supporting OC....

New name for the female main Lead: Yuulin (Yuu, Play, swim. Lin/rin, Scale(as in small plate on animal's skin).

Her IS is Uchigane Ginga.
> Appear to wear a scarf when her IS is deployed (due to the release of the nanomachine)
> Machine's special ability: Scan and transformation (reallocation of stats).
> All rounder machine that is only as good as an Uchigane can get.

-------

Summary: Orimura Ichika, the evil overlord who planned to take over the world by using his ability to pilot IS and his charisma to conquer all IS pilot in the world! Luckily, Three brave young men stood up against the evil tyrant! This is their story, a story about their quest to stop the evil overlord once and for all! Note: Above summary is a lie since the main lead of this story is a girl....)

Confirmed List of OC:

Weirdo party:

Yuulin (Main female lead):
>Intellectually inefficient..... (She is not stupid, she is just an idiot)
> Too dumb to fool
> Tell absurd lies/story frequently.
> Sadly her lies always end up being considered plausible.... no matter how absurd
> get over things quickly

Ayara
> A weirdo with strange fascination with Alien and space.

Kamijou Yume (Yuu's new name)
Meaning of name:
(Literal translation) Above God Dream (A dream that transcend god)
There is a You (Yu) and a me(me) in Yume
Only with You (Yu), the dream is complete (Yume)
> Exy of Hot blooded mecha pilot
> Boy love fan (give her back the weakness to make her....errr... balanced).

Talia Liss Curious
> Fantasy a lot
> Ship guys together.... always.
> Polite (Oujo-sama type)
> Also happen to be the writer of Tenshi no Aosora... she got the second book out.

=======

Male party:

Cipher
> A Secret Agent.
> Gentleman (being a exy of phantom thief)
> Skilled in collecting information
>perverted
> Ninja...
> No really, the Prototype IS is based on Ninja
>IS arm release addition beam attack

Joan
> The most girly guy you would ever met
> Shota boy
> Shorter than Laura.
> Timid and shy (the kind of guy who trigger maternal instinct)
> IS specialized in Defense (Special ability: Block/cancel out beam attack... made to counter Ichika's Yukihira Mk2's energy blade.)

Alexander
> Tsundere jerkass (all shoujo story have them...)
> Will hit a girl
> Hate Ichika because he is not a good representation of a man
> Consider Carnivorous male as real man
> User of glitch core
> IS is an armored gunner... wielding two pistol (armored to cover his...erm...second puberty)

Eiya
> Test pilot of new machine (Support Platform for IS)
> New machine lack offensive power but is a dedicated support unit.
> Sensitive to girl's feeling
> actually nice guy.... but refuse to admit it due to manly pride
> Butt monkey. Being the Main lead's Amulet, he attract bad luck...

======

Antagonist:

Renstom Levi
>Pilot of Neuron-link drone, Red Scar.
>He like women
>He even collect, trade and play with them.... what a nice person....
> Just in case you are as oblivious as Yuulin, he see them as object and he felt nothing wrong with that.....

Tempest (Sounds like a good name for a typical male OC)
>Composite character based on Male OCs
> Built his own machine
> His goal is to destroy IS.
> Hate IS because his family died during IS war
Old 2012-01-27, 08:26   Link #19659
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: It will if he just turns it off after forcefully producing adrenaline for an hour or so. Not med, hopefully zero will correct me.Fight or flight systems will force your body into a state of activity beyond it normally is capable of for the sake of self preservation, however the after effects are mostly damaged muscles(not just muscles for conscious locomotion but also muscles for daily bodily functions) and then failing immune system :|

@zero: But at that time Ichika would have been producing only the proper amount of adrenaline the body needs if not none at all. He'd be exhausted but not overworked like forced adrenaline extraction.

Also would having all 4 AI working simultaneously be overpowered even for a one-off ability?
Old 2012-01-27, 08:31   Link #19660
Eratas123

@ Demi - I use a similar concept in regards to Irish's suit. Kinda explains why he's dying by the time the story starts.

@ Treme - Looks like you already planned everything out.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest