AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-03, 08:38   Link #1
marvelB

Assassination Classroom

Time to make a new thread for a brand-spankin' new series! Anyways, the gist of this new series' story is that as the title suggests, a class of junior high students are forced to assassinate their teacher..... who's some sort of super-powerful (yet really goofy) octopus alien thing. And if they don't succeed in their mission soon, the teacher will destroy the world! And so, high-stakes hilarity ensues!

Anyways, what really drew me to this series was that the series' author is the same person behind a previous Jump series, Neuro (which I also greatly enjoyed). Definitely can't wait to see how this story develops!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 08:52   Link #2
Xacual

I can't believe the main character is a boy. Especially when looking at some of the pages that show his body frame.

It looks like the "Alien" killed their teacher when he came to earth and her last plea was for him to become their teacher and help them out. Of course that doesn't make sense with him saying he's destroying the earth after the year is up so I expect there's more to that story than we know.

About the kids though, it seems like the absolute worst choice possible for the saviors of the planet. Kids that have been considered worthless and basically all dumped off to the same place to be gotten rid of, they probably don't have a high opinion of their fellow man. I guess that's where the reward comes in. Some kind of motivator beyond doing saving everyone.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 09:32   Link #3
Shadow5YA

I think the deceased teacher has a deeper connection to the alien than just being one of many of his victims. There has to be more than that if he said that he specifically wants to teach class 3-E and is willing to abide by the rules. If he just wanted a worthy adversary, he could have just asked for the best trained professionals to come at him.

Some possibilities would be that the teacher was his only friend. Like how he now treats class 3-E fairly instead of like abominations of society, maybe the teacher had who would be willing to talk except for her.
Another possibility is that not only was she his friend, but she was his best killer. She could have worked her way close to him (psychological warfare counts), then attacked him when he was most vulnerable, but failed in the end.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 10:41   Link #4
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

This manga seems pretty interesting. But how the heck could someone with a body and appearance like that is a boy?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 10:47   Link #5
marvelB

Yeah, I also agree that the alien(?) seems to have a deeper connection to the dead teacher than her being amongst one of his victims (that is, if he was even the one who killed her in the first place). For instance, maybe his doomsday declaration is even just a ruse he came up with so he could help improve the students' lives.... or something like that. I don't think it's such a far-fetched theory either, since the students even noted that he actually IS good at teaching if you put aside his super-powers.....

And as far as the main character's gender goes..... well, I don't think it's too early to assume that he might be a reverse-trap.
Old 2012-07-03, 10:56   Link #6
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...He did say that he was born and raised on earth. If he's an alien and was born on earth, that could also mean that there are other individuals like him with the same species that came to earth before. It also means that there could be another aliens that would come to earth other than him...

There are so many potentials here on how this will develop, huh?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 17:20   Link #7
Aesthetic Shampoo

First thing i noticed was that the main character has mini twintails and the sensei has tentacles

Got insta hooked with this, especially since it was made by the same guy who did Nougami Neuro which i incidentally enjoyed the hell out of. I have absolutely no idea which direction the story will turn to though.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 18:33   Link #8
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And as far as the main character's gender goes..... well, I don't think it's too early to assume that he might be a reverse-trap.
*crosses fingers*

But yeah, I really liked the first chapter as well. Eager to see what's in store in the story developement in the future. Hopefully this lasts long enough without getting axed. I've already got high hopes for this series.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 21:12   Link #9
novalysis

This is a crazy, insane and utterly hilarious series. I wonder whether it'll last long enough, and gain enough popularity to merit an anime of it's own some day.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 22:58   Link #10
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Nagisa is a unisex name, but more often female than male.
(I think 1 out of every 4-5 Nagisa is a male)

That aside, I can *cough* enjoy *cough* whichever sex he is.
I'm eagerly waiting for next comiket to provide... tools.
Old 2012-07-05, 01:57   Link #11
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
I think I heard 50cent's In Da Club song when I read this 1st chapter
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 10:36   Link #12
marvelB

Well, the raw for the second chapter is out:

Spoiler for chapter 2:
Old 2012-07-07, 10:52   Link #13
Kafriel
Senior Guest

WTF did I just read? Some Moonface/Spawn hybrid alien teacher wants to blow up the planet..why was he hired in the first place!? Very funny, I'll be following this one. Thanks marvelB^^
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:48   Link #14
marvelB

So did I mention that the second chapter's been translated already?

Looks like I was slightly off with that spoiler, but it was still a fun chapter nonetheless. Heh, I wonder if that kid's eventually power up his pitch to reach Koro-sensei's mach 20 speed at some point?
Old 2012-07-10, 15:38   Link #15
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

sensei identity is very mysterious indeed. i wonder what it is. some monster project? ghost? Monster?

only thing that can defeat mach 20 is suicide bomb technique or weapon that faster than that. (like laser)

and pretty sure that is not his only skill. hyper awareness is possibility

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 20:42   Link #16
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Very interesting and fun manga, I think it has very high potential of being a great manga.
Old 2012-07-10, 22:39   Link #17
Diveman

LOL wtf did I just read? amazing manga, I'll be following this.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 09:34   Link #18
marvelB

Chapter 3 is out now, guys!

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-16, 22:41   Link #19
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Taking bets on how many drugs the author was on while conceiving this. This is absolutely hysterical, and the fact that this made it to Shounen Jump is no small feat.

Also, tentacles at Mach 20 is asking for it.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 22:51   Link #20
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for predictions:

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, school