AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-15, 21:03   Link #1
undertakerusf

Send a message via MSN to undertakerusf Send a message via Yahoo to undertakerusf
Thumbs up Grendizer

the best anime I've ever seen in my hole life ( rather than captain tsubasa ) was this UFO Grendizer series ....... It was aired on 5 October 1975 with the leading role for the true hero (we dont see him a lot nowadays) an alien who came to earth fleeing from the ruthless evil VIGAA with his trusty warrior Grendizer who goes with the name of daiskey to avoide suspension, the anime was a two season series 76 episodes but the graphic start kindly like Mazeger but it develops fast and after 5 or 6 episodes you can tell that its like watching a master piece not only in graphics but in story line too.
kogy kabotoo who was a Mazenger rider was the friend of our alien hero and the second line of defense with his spader (the air craft he flow with).
hikaro is the love of our hero and finally the guy who a funny bone for lafter is dampy.
this great anime was originated by the same guy who made Mazenger but its a lot better in graphic, music, story line, gadgets and even villains.
So if you want to see a classic dont hesitate start here.

Old 2007-12-18, 23:58   Link #2
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakerusf View Post
The best anime I've ever seen in my whole life ( other than Captain Tsubasa ) was this UFO Grendizer series ....... It was aired on 5 October 1975 with the leading role featuring a true hero (we dont see these a lot nowadays) an alien who came to earth fleeing from the ruthless evil Vega Empire with his trusty robot Grendizer who goes with the name of Daisuke (Real Name Duke Freed) to avoid suspicion. The anime was a two season series, 76 episodes, and starts kind of like Mazinger Z, but it develops fast. After 5 or 6 episodes you can tell that its like watching a masterpiece not only in visuals but in story line as well.
Koji Kabuto who was the Mazinger Z pilot befriends of our alien hero and is second line of defense with his TFO (Terrestial Flying Object).
Hikaru is the love of our hero and ultimately manages to provide a source of joy for the extremely introverted Daisuke.

This great anime was created by the Go Nagai, who also made both [b]Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger[/b[ but features much better animation, music, plotlines, gadgets and even villains.
So if you want to see a classic dont hesitate, start here.

Phew, that should be more readable. Yes Grendizer and Captain Tsubasa are considered classics in the arabic anime fandom as far as rumour goes. It was also popular in France as well I think as a series called Goldrake. In Japan I think it had a mixed reception. A lot of people didn't like that the legendary and extremely popular and hot blooded hero, Koji Kabuto, was made a foil for Daisuke to upstage in this series. They borderline made him comic relief I here, and that was a big mistake. Many appreciated it's storyline though, which was actually pretty dark and gritty for the time (featuring an evil empire that not only conquered the main characters home, but also bombed it with a special type of bomb that poisoned the atmosphere of Planet Freed with radiation, "forever" rendering the main characters home uninhabitable). Another theme of the series is Duke Freed building a new life for himself on Earth and making friends with the people that live there. Soon he comes to see Earth as his new home and opens up a little more too thanks to his love for Hikaru and his appreciation of the nature there, specifically his horse.

Though I don't know exactly where people are supposed to find the series here since it's pretty darn rare.
Old 2007-12-19, 14:28   Link #3
SinsI

Well, what was good for a child now doesn't seem like anything special, its no different from say Robotech or Speed Racer - just another nostalgic memory.
Among Go Nagai's works Abashiri Ikka is far superior, and Devilman Lady is among the best anime I've ever seen.
Old 2007-12-19, 14:57   Link #4
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Loved This Anime when I was Little Girl ......
The Best anime.....In the Past....Good Animes..
Old 2007-12-21, 20:41   Link #5
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Old 2007-12-29, 09:11   Link #6
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Posting Mazinkaiser in a Grendizer thread for the lulz.

Old 2007-12-29, 10:59   Link #7
Julius Firefocht

Mazinkaiser is more powerful than Grendizer anyway, is it not, Wasim?
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2008-01-02, 23:26   Link #8
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
For a little taste of "triple nostalgia", there's a 30 minute fansubbed OVA featuring Getta Robo, Grendizer, and Great Mazinger floating around (if you look hard enough). It's the one where they battle this huge sea creature created from the pollution of the world's oceans.

Should be enough to tide you over since fansub eps of these classic series are unlikely to be found.
Old 2008-01-03, 18:50   Link #9
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
Mazinkaiser is more powerful than Grendizer anyway, is it not, Wasim?
Oh dear, we don't need one of those debates. I'm reminded of this one really haphazardly designed Arabic site devoted to explaining why the host thinks Grendizer is the most powerful Go Nagai robot ever, and how even Mazinkaizer and Shin Getter are weaker.
Closed Thread