AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-05-02, 09:37   Link #261
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...go back to herding goats =_=

Leave this to the crack professionals.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 10:02   Link #262
Ilidsor
Angelerator

So what do you guys think is going to happen to Shinobu in the anime? Do you think they'll make up an arc where they rescue her like they did to the kids from the level upper arc, or they'll just leave her fate uncertain? Personally I'd prefer not to have them rescue her because I actually liked her getting captured and never heard from again, since that really fit with the dark atmosphere of the Sisters arc.

Spoiler for Can I say LN spoilers here?:
Old 2013-05-02, 10:24   Link #263
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ I'm not a big fan of hers so I don't mind if she gets killed ... yeah, I'm just that cold of a person right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisingfalcon View Post
Oh im just speculating, Accelerator and Misaki have never met so Im just curious. Well probably, I thought it would happen like kakine's dark matter and somehow pass through without him even noticing.
You just need to have a better grasp of Accel's ability (and esper abilities in general) to understand how it works. His Accelerator ability reflects things automatically based on his knowledge of the laws of science (as default knowledges), the only way they could bypass it is when he doesn't have a good grasp of when it's supposed to be harmful for him and when it's not (like DM). But that's a special case since Dark matter goes beyond the laws of science themselves, and that's why he's No.2. But Misaki isn't that special.
Telepathy is within the realm of AC's science, and Accel should know it too as a result. He knows its vectors and how it works, he knows when it's harmful and when its not. If he can't reflect Misaki's assaults then he won't be able to reflect any mind controller or telepathy user's offensive abilities. If he can reflect a lv.2's electricity then he can reflect a lv.4's and even Miko's. Just because she's on a higher level doesn't mean her ability differs and even goes beyond the realm of science and Accel's common knowledges (unless she's angel level that is). Being a level 5 just mean she's more powerful and versatile but the basics of her abilities aren't different from any other telepathy user (unless stated to be the case). And even if her telepathy is different from others, as long as there is a scientific logic (that he already know) behind it, he'll reflect it.
It's just as simple as that, there is nothing as special as dark matter to it.

And finally, the most important point : if she can do that, every single goddamn people on AC especially Kakine and Kihhhhaaaaaara-kun would have stated it.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:04   Link #264
Raisingfalcon
Class minus 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh, come on.

Clearly Misaki's already made the attempt to mind-control Accelerator. Clearly, he reflected it back at her and taken control of her mind, as evident by the stars in her eyes. In truth, Misaki's actions are that of Accelerator, using her to troll the hell out of Mikoto and everyone else, and everyone else is none the wiser!
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ I'm not a big fan of hers so I don't mind if she gets killed ... yeah, I'm just that cold of a person right now.

You just need to have a better grasp of Accel's ability (and esper abilities in general) to understand how it works. His Accelerator ability reflects things automatically based on his knowledge of the laws of science (as default knowledges), the only way they could bypass it is when he doesn't have a good grasp of when it's supposed to be harmful for him and when it's not (like DM). But that's a special case since Dark matter goes beyond the laws of science themselves, and that's why he's No.2. But Misaki isn't that special.
Telepathy is within the realm of AC's science, and Accel should know it too as a result. He knows its vectors and how it works, he knows when it's harmful and when its not. If he can't reflect Misaki's assaults then he won't be able to reflect any mind controller or telepathy user's offensive abilities. If he can reflect a lv.2's electricity then he can reflect a lv.4's and even Miko's. Just because she's on a higher level doesn't mean her ability differs and even goes beyond the realm of science and Accel's common knowledges (unless she's angel level that is). Being a level 5 just mean she's more powerful and versatile but the basics of her abilities aren't different from any other telepathy user (unless stated to be the case). And even if her telepathy is different from others, as long as there is a scientific logic (that he already know) behind it, he'll reflect it.
It's just as simple as that, there is nothing as special as dark matter to it.

And finally, the most important point : if she can do that, every single goddamn people on AC especially Kakine and Kihhhhaaaaaara-kun would have stated it.
Thank you, this has been real helpful ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
So what do you guys think is going to happen to Shinobu in the anime? Do you think they'll make up an arc where they rescue her like they did to the kids from the level upper arc, or they'll just leave her fate uncertain? Personally I'd prefer not to have them rescue her because I actually liked her getting captured and never heard from again, since that really fit with the dark atmosphere of the Sisters arc.

Spoiler for Can I say LN spoilers here?:
Pretty much what you said at the end. It completely fits the atmosphere of academy cities darkness. Also She's barely known by anyone, why would misaka or any individual be inclined to help her? I think Misaka dosent even know what happened to her.
Old 2013-05-02, 12:26   Link #265
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisingfalcon View Post
Thank you, this has been real helpful ^.^
Okay, for the record, my response was a joke. ._. Don't take it seriously.
Old 2013-05-02, 19:21   Link #266
Raisingfalcon
Class minus 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Okay, for the record, my response was a joke. ._. Don't take it seriously.
I know but it made me laugh xD thats enough to gain a thank you as well.
Old 2013-05-02, 19:45   Link #267
Marina2

Based on PV, Ep.4 should cover two chapters in manga and end at the point where Mikoto meets her clone. The last sentense of ep.4 will probably be "Who the hell are you!?"

About Shinobu, I don't mind whether she get killed or get rescued. I only want them to show what really happend to her.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-05-02 at 19:58.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 01:26   Link #268
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I just saw the preview images and oh my god don't tell me thats all we're going to get ?! This is one incredibly SLOW progress....

I swear in the time Mikoto takes to reach the starting point, both kamijou and index would have wrapped it up already in one night!
Old 2013-05-03, 01:48   Link #269
tsunade666

Touma is a man of actions. Plus he need to hurry or else Index will get angry.
Old 2013-05-03, 06:19   Link #270
zaeraal

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/634/634000/
Preview of the episode (realeased as always few hours before release by DENGEKI)
It talks about Mikoto shopping with Saten and Uiharu as well as them discussing their expectations for the upcoming "large-scale field trip"

PS: Saten changed clothes again I wonder if they are going to keep changing her clothes every episode
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 06:24   Link #271
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I predict slow winds captain !

No seriously, four episodes in and we're still leopard crawling to the true starting point

It probably wouldn't even be next week, but the week after.
Old 2013-05-03, 06:29   Link #272
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I just saw the preview images and oh my god don't tell me thats all we're going to get ?! This is one incredibly SLOW progress....

I swear in the time Mikoto takes to reach the starting point, both kamijou and index would have wrapped it up already in one night!
Index accomplishes its fast pacing (at least Index II) by cutting out not-insignificant chunks of the source material.

Railgun has always had a more relaxed pace. Besides, this (and probably next week's) episodes will likely be the last 'happy' ones for quite a while... if they are taking their time here hopefully that means they will not interrupt the 'gloomy story' much...
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 06:37   Link #273
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Index accomplishes its fast pacing (at least Index II) by cutting out not-insignificant chunks of the source material.

Railgun has always had a more relaxed pace. Besides, this (and probably next week's) episodes will likely be the last 'happy' ones for quite a while... if they are taking their time here hopefully that means they will not interrupt the 'gloomy story' much...
And Railgun extends its slow pacing by putting in not-significant chunks of original material.

Realize that slow pace does not make it a good thing by nature.

It's like watching a tree grow- sure you'll feel a great sense of accomplishment at the end when its all big and strong, but don't kid yourself into thinking watching it grow is 'entertaining'.
Old 2013-05-03, 06:37   Link #274
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
It talks about Mikoto shopping with Saten and Uiharu as well as them discussing their expectations for the upcoming "large-scale field trip"
Large scale field trip? I'm calling Liberal Arts City arc.
Old 2013-05-03, 06:55   Link #275
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Large scale field trip? I'm calling Liberal Arts City arc.
That's pretty much what everyone is secretly hoping.
Old 2013-05-03, 07:06   Link #276
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Well if they're going into this much detail for every episode and continue on with this pace, it'll most likely mean we'll also get a lot of detail when we get to the "true" starting point. I.e. They might also draw out Mikoto's meeting with Accel, her struggles, and fight with ITEM... etc.
If that's the case, I don't mind it at all. Well actually, I don't mind this slow detailed pace. Having to wait a week is a pain, but every time a new episode comes out, the anticipation, excitement and enjoyment is well worth it.
Patience is often rewarded, I find.

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 07:10   Link #277
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
Well if they're going into this much detail for every episode and continue on with this pace, it'll most likely mean we'll also get a lot of detail when we get to the "true" starting point. I.e. They might also draw out Mikoto's meeting with Accel, her struggles, and fight with ITEM... etc.

If that's the case, I don't mind it at all. Well actually, I don't mind this slow detailed pace. Having to wait a week is a pain, but every time a new episode comes out, the anticipation, excitement and enjoyment is well worth it.
Patience is often rewarded, I find.
Here's the thing; it's not detailing anything right now.

What have we learn in these last three episodes? What could you say was gained by extending them? What new information did we picked up? The one scene with important plot detail was not extended in any meaningful way- It's the same as what we were expecting.

This is the fourth episode already folks, warm up should be over by now.
Old 2013-05-03, 08:32   Link #278
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Here's the thing; it's not detailing anything right now.

What have we learn in these last three episodes? What could you say was gained by extending them? What new information did we picked up? The one scene with important plot detail was not extended in any meaningful way- It's the same as what we were expecting.

This is the fourth episode already folks, warm up should be over by now.
I'm entitled to my own opinions as much as you are. :/ If you don't like it that much, why are you even watching it? Stop complaining already, don't ruin the mood for people who are actually enjoying how they've recreated the manga.

This is technically only the third episode of the start of sisters arc anyway. First episode was a re-introduction of characters (introduction in Misaki's case).

EDIT: As for the detail, we also get to see what the other three girls are up to. In the manga we don't have that. The anime's drawing out of some scenes builds up more tension than the manga version I find. Again, that's just in my opinion. It's only because we already KNOW what will happen (as manga readers) that we have such high expectations and feel impatient. There are people here who don't read the Railgun manga, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 08:51   Link #279
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrala View Post
I'm entitled to my own opinions as much as you are. :/ If you don't like it that much, why are you even watching it? Stop complaining already, don't ruin the mood for people who are actually enjoying how they've recreated the manga.

This is technically only the third episode of the start of sisters arc anyway. First episode was a re-introduction of characters (introduction in Misaki's case).

EDIT: As for the detail, we also get to see what the other three girls are up to. In the manga we don't have that. The anime's drawing out of some scenes builds up more tension than the manga version I find. Again, that's just in my opinion. It's only because we already KNOW what will happen (as manga readers) that we have such high expectations and feel impatient. There are people here who don't read the Railgun manga, unless I'm very much mistaken.

First off, it's hypocritical to say that I am entitled to an opinion, but immediately follow it up with "if you don't like it don't watch". Just because you are entitled to an opinion doesn't mean I can't challenge it. I think it's fair to say if you can't take criticism then maybe you shouldn't take part in discussions and keep your opinions to yourself so you won't have your mood ruined.

Secondly, what does knowing what the other three girls are up to add to the story? You said that the slow pace would add details to the story, but so far what did we learn that is new or important? Which of these can you honestly say adds to the story in any meaningful way?

It's not like we don't know who these characters are, it's not like we are seeing them in a different light, it's not like we need to set the tone of the story because all of this has been done in the first season already. Reintroducing the characters? Fine, I give them that one, but it certainly doesn't require this much warm up time to get to the good part.
Old 2013-05-03, 09:04   Link #280
desrtsku
Nympholept

chaos, stop acting like a tsundere and show us how you truly feel!