AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 21:06   Link #2321
Justin_Brett

I like how this show has this weird cognitive dissonance where Nakamura is considered a joke villain but Truth isn't.

I'm legit curious if people in Japan have the same reaction as we do to him. It could be a culture thing, where he's really badass over there, but I kinda doubt it.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 22:52   Link #2322
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The Japanese see no men, only the girls, and will proceed to moefy the Secret. Truth and Nakamura are just that guy working in a 9-5 cubicle, waiting to be fired.
Old 2012-09-21, 00:16   Link #2323
Justin_Brett

At least the Secrets are likable.
Old 2012-09-21, 02:36   Link #2324
miketyson

Man, with all these airing schedule shenanigans it's like Bones and MBS keep taking turns shooting each other with the quartz gun.

In re: 21, I didn't like it nearly as much as 20, despite how neatly it tied an unexpected bow on one character's arc. Something about how the plot flowed makes it seem like I should be expecting an incredibly anticlimactic ending. I was already expecting a letdown, but just logistically we have a mess here. Still this episode did have some great scenes, in particular
Spoiler for great scenes:

Sadly, "I can see the ending", maybe.
Spoiler for post-21 speculation:

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-09-21 at 02:37. Reason: Closed spoiler
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 02:38   Link #2325
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Looks like MBS is still listing E7AO Ep22 as the final broadcast episode: http://www.mbs.jp/timetable/

We'll see what happens next week.
Hmm, looks like MBS is possibly (hopefully) being nice and letting the other channels air first then if they're back to listing 23 & 24 airdates.

I hope this is the case because this still has got to be one of the weirdest things I've seen, it's not like it was a surprise thing, MBS should have known about the Olympics schedule for a while lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That latest episode was like a microcosm of everything that's wrong with the show. Immediately we're essentially off on another tack yet again with the new episode with everyone trying to destroy the headquarters.
Ironically, this time that doesn't really fit. There have been plenty of new tacks introduced in various episodes, but not this time, how the heck is the attack on HQ a new tack? We knew the allied forces attack on HQ was coming since the end of ep 18 when they declared Gen Bleu an enemy. The only reason it didn't happen sooner was that they allowed Gen Bleu to make the first move which ended up being evacuating most of the population since they knew they were done for especially without power for the base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
New episode, yay!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-09-21 at 15:38.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 02:41   Link #2326
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Sadly, "I can see the ending", maybe.
Spoiler for post-21 speculation:
Possible. However,
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-21, 02:43   Link #2327
miketyson

morbosfist:
Spoiler for more:
Old 2012-09-21, 02:46   Link #2328
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
morbosfist:
Spoiler for more:
The damage to the Nirvash looked superficial at best. Dented armor on the unit, and the gun seems to be completely bulletproof.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-21, 02:51   Link #2329
miketyson

Maybe
Spoiler for sigh:
Old 2012-09-21, 04:43   Link #2330
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Is there anything Truth can't do? If there is anything that Eureka 7 Ao has been telling us since his amazingly jarring introduction it is that this guy's abilities seem limitless. His use as an antagonist throughout this story has simply been to provoke characters and start shit at random to provide episodic conflict.

Oh hey, Eureka is on screen, lets have Truth attack her for no goddamn reason so we can have dramatic scenes!

Oh hey Ao has a quartz gun, lets have Truth try to steal it so he UHM do something!!!

Oh Truth wants to fuck with the Japanese government, COOL! Oh wait why?

The fact that Truth fused with a gun and is just like "SUP I'M GOING TO DO WHATEVER I WANT," is not the least bit surprising at this point. His character is simply a terrible plot device.

It is quite clear he never had a true reason for existing in the Eureka 7 universe, and this just means the staff hasn't know what they were doing whatsoever past episode 3 and especially since he got introduced.

Goddamn this show, I swear.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 05:06   Link #2331
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Yeah, Truth is easily the worst thing about the series.
Let's just hope he gets anticlimactically blasted off the screen and not waste any more time of the ending.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 05:24   Link #2332
Arya

I'm going a bit off topic, but I have to suppose Naru is missing again.
And don't be witty asking Naru who?, please

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 05:44   Link #2333
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

lol Elena sure is dolt when she rage... that means Elena is really not from Eureka's timeline but rather really is from the current timeline

3 more episodes to go
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 06:50   Link #2334
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Naru, who?

(you were asking for it!)
Old 2012-09-21, 07:42   Link #2335
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Kat View Post
Wrong. He went to the are where he saw the Secret was destroyed by Ao, all that was to discover where the Scub Burst to occur, why else would he specifically take the IFO and pilot it to the designated location for it to occur
Nope. He stole the IFO to escape the politician's villa. He met the Scub by chance.
Episode 6, timeframe 05:58. Truth in female form is clearly surprised by the Scub Burst. <<Welcome to this mistaken world>>.

Quote:
Wrong again. He never stated this. It's like people don't pay attention
Here I misremembered slightly, but the meaning is not far off.
Episode 10, timeframe 12:46. <<Secrets aren't what you think they are>>.
What are the Secrets to the common people? Enemies.

Quote:
Not all Secrets look the same and she never refernced him as her Sea Giant nor was he the one that saved her in that episode, that was the Mark I
Episode 7, timeframe 18:28 to 18:58. Naru sees Truth's shadow and it reminds her of the Sea Giant. It's heavily implied that it's Truth's Secret form, not the Mark I.

Quote:
Episode 14 when Eureka had the cease the Quartz to prevent the Scub Burst in the flashback, it transported her randomly through time. And again when in the previous episode when she was Renton were studying the Scub Coral. You must have ADHD or something.
The keyword here is willingly. Did the Quartz bring Eureka to the past for some reason or was it an accident? We still don't know, so I give you the benefit of the doubt. However, if the Quartz is a sentient being, the writer owes me a good explanation about its actions.
Also, no need to be insulting.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 09:40   Link #2336
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
"Main character" Naru Arata? No she's just waiting in the wings so she can serve as a super awkward final antagonist. Book it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 09:41   Link #2337
Justin_Brett

Spoiler:

I'm wondering if they'll even bother to explain why the Nirvash is putting up with this shit. It is sentient, so it's gotta have some reason. Unless they forget it was.
Old 2012-09-21, 12:37   Link #2338
miketyson

Speaking of the Nirvash, I'm starting to get confused. Eureka pilots that spec-2 look-alike back in Okinawa, and it gets left behind when she disappears. Later on Ao finds a different "mark 1" that is obviously in the same "family", but resembles the one Renton had been building at one point (right down to the hidden weapons being in it with her password...). But Ao's "mark 1" is still that ur-IFO all the other IFOs were descended from.

Am I misremembering this? If not, how does this even make sense? For Ao's to have the hidden weapons only Eureka knew about meant it's something that would have to have been brought to Ao's world, not built there (probably...). But then when and by whom, if Eureka's own Nirvash back in that battle on Okinawa was that spec-2 look-alike?

This really isn't adding up for me.
Old 2012-09-21, 12:41   Link #2339
Trajan
Six Shooter

So how exactly is Elena able to pilot an IFO? We know now that she didn't grow up in an environment rich with Trapar and there's never been any mention that she has the same "disease" as Naru, so I don't see how she would be able to. Am I missing something?
Trajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 12:45   Link #2340
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Speaking of the Nirvash, I'm starting to get confused. Eureka pilots that spec-2 look-alike back in Okinawa, and it gets left behind when she disappears. Later on Ao finds a different "mark 1" that is obviously in the same "family", but resembles the one Renton had been building at one point (right down to the hidden weapons being in it with her password...). But Ao's "mark 1" is still that ur-IFO all the other IFOs were descended from.

Am I misremembering this? If not, how does this even make sense? For Ao's to have the hidden weapons only Eureka knew about meant it's something that would have to have been brought to Ao's world, not built there (probably...). But then when and by whom, if Eureka's own Nirvash back in that battle on Okinawa was that spec-2 look-alike?

This really isn't adding up for me.
Your confusion is understandable, but unnecessary. You're being thrown off by the paint job, which makes it look closer to the spec2. Eureka's Nirvash, which she arrived in when she landed at Okinawa, is the same Nirvash as the one Ao pilots now. It got disassembled, reassembled, repainted, then painted again once Ao got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
So how exactly is Elena able to pilot an IFO? We know now that she didn't grow up in an environment rich with Trapar and there's never been any mention that she has the same "disease" as Naru, so I don't see how she would be able to. Am I missing something?
Being at the site of two Scub Bursts is probably a major amount of trapar exposure. There's also no reason why she couldn't have moved to near one of the numerous coral plants, since in 2020 they knew how to stop Scub Bursts.

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen