AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-08-27, 16:55   Link #3281
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

About the whole Lisanna thing, I personally am against her being sucked into the anima, but Mashima cetainly didn't leave her out by accident. There must be a reason for this ...we'll probably find out soon.
Old 2010-08-27, 21:09   Link #3282
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
Offically with Fairy tail he is not a s-class mage but he maybe one secretly since he is spying on Raven tail.
If that's so, how do you figure Juvia is S-class?
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 21:29   Link #3283
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
He's at Natsu's normal level, maybe slightly higher. Whatever the case, when he teamed up with Natsu and Erza, they were called the strongest team in FT.
Uh...you know that it was a misnomer right? I forgot who, but someone told Lucy that the name was just made up, as Erza, Natsu, and Gray are definitely not the 3 strongest members of Fairy Tail with Luxus, Mistgun, and Gildartz still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Yeah... Gray, IMO is better than Natsu in "normal" mode, in terms of being able to use his strength far more effectively

However, when Natsu goes in Dragon mode, as I'm going to dub it... he's certainly among the most power of all guild members (now if only he would learn to be just a little less destructive... but that's asking the impossible)
The thing about Natsu is that he doesn't really use his brain in fighting at all, just pure brute force. However, in his dragon mode, Natsu has been able to defeat enemies because the raw power he has overcomes any ingenuity his enemies possess. In a more realistic situation though, no matter how powerful a person is, if they don't think during fights, they are bound to lose eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
About the whole Lisanna thing, I personally am against her being sucked into the anima, but Mashima cetainly didn't leave her out by accident. There must be a reason for this ...we'll probably find out soon.
Honestly, Mashima hasn't developed Lisanna or intrigued me with the idea of Lisanna for me to care about her at all; there's just no emotional attachment to a mere name. The only thing is that she used to be a close friend of Natsu's.
Old 2010-08-27, 21:35   Link #3284
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Uh...you know that it was a misnomer right? I forgot who, but someone told Lucy that the name was just made up, as Erza, Natsu, and Gray are definitely not the 3 strongest members of Fairy Tail with Luxus, Mistgun, and Gildartz still around.
Miria said that Erza/Natsu/Grey team would be the strongest team in Fairy Tail. As far as who is stronger, Gildartz is obviously the strongest but nothing has been settle on who is the 2nd strongest as Erza and Luxus never fought and Luxus and Mistgun's fight was cut short.

Quote:
The thing about Natsu is that he doesn't really use his brain in fighting at all, just pure brute force. However, in his dragon mode, Natsu has been able to defeat enemies because the raw power he has overcomes any ingenuity his enemies possess. In a more realistic situation though, no matter how powerful a person is, if they don't think during fights, they are bound to lose eventually.
Natsu does think in his fights, he just never thinks before hand but he is very good and adapting to his fights.

Quote:
Honestly, Mashima hasn't developed Lisanna or intrigued me with the idea of Lisanna for me to care about her at all; there's just no emotional attachment to a mere name. The only thing is that she used to be a close friend of Natsu's.
it doesn't matter if you lisanna but the fact is Mashima been spreading out bits of info on her throughout the series. Whether Edo-Lisanna got sent to Earthland or not, Fairy Tail will have a Lisanna arc sooner or later.
Old 2010-08-27, 23:41   Link #3285
dee32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
If that's so, how do you figure Juvia is S-class?
Because it stated that she is s-class when Max introduced her at the Miss Fairy Tail contest.

Last edited by dee32; 2010-08-27 at 23:52.
dee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 00:38   Link #3286
MechR

Quote:
Technically they can still be the strongest team though, since the higher-ups work solo (Depending on whether you count Luxus together with the Raijinshuu, or separately.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32
Because it stated that she is s-class when Max introduced her at the Miss Fairy Tail contest.
In the translation I have, he says she has "S-class strength", which isn't quite the same as saying she's officially S-class. (And in the anime I think he says her fanservice is S-class.)

But really, I've always assumed both she and Gazille kept their S-ranks. I've never seen any indication that either of them were demoted after switching guilds.
Old 2010-08-28, 02:43   Link #3287
Neidiro

I love this manga Fairy Tail
Neidiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 08:18   Link #3288
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Uh...you know that it was a misnomer right?
The other strong mages always solo though and the raijinshuu were away at the time, so as a [team] they were indeed the strongest.
Quote:
In the translation I have, he says she has "S-class strength", which isn't quite the same as saying she's officially S-class. (And in the anime I think he says her fanservice is S-class.)
I think the fanservice bit goes to Lucy, at least it's on one of the cover pages for the manga.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 23:13   Link #3289
MechR

Quote:
I think the fanservice bit goes to Lucy, at least it's on one of the cover pages for the manga.
Ah, that's right. My bad.
Old 2010-08-30, 13:31   Link #3290
konart

We all knew this gonna happen:

Spoiler for 198:
Old 2010-08-30, 13:40   Link #3291
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

damn mishima and his cliffhangers.
Old 2010-08-30, 13:43   Link #3292
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
We all knew this gonna happen:

Spoiler for 198:
Spoiler for 198:
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 16:12   Link #3293
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Miria said that Erza/Natsu/Grey team would be the strongest team in Fairy Tail. As far as who is stronger, Gildartz is obviously the strongest but nothing has been settle on who is the 2nd strongest as Erza and Luxus never fought and Luxus and Mistgun's fight was cut short.
Right, so we have to extrapolate with the information that was already given. In the battle, Luxus had the upper hand the moment it was interrupted. Now, this can be attributed to Mistgun being cocky or the difference in strength but Luxus had the upper hand.

Also, the first time that Mistgun appeared, he was able to put everyone to sleep, including Erza. It was sort of a surprise attack, but he did practically the same thing, if not stronger to Luxus, who was able to remain awake. Therefore, the power structure would be Luxus, Mistgun, then Erza.

Quote:
Natsu does think in his fights, he just never thinks before hand but he is very good and adapting to his fights.
Really? Any examples because I don't remember .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Technically they can still be the strongest team though, since the higher-ups work solo (Depending on whether you count Luxus together with the Raijinshuu, or separately.)
Quote:
The other strong mages always solo though and the raijinshuu were away at the time, so as a [team] they were indeed the strongest.
Yeah, I guess you both are right about them being the strongest team .
Old 2010-08-30, 16:33   Link #3294
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

Really? Any examples because I don't remember .

go re-read his fight with cobra.
Old 2010-08-30, 16:48   Link #3295
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
197 the cover.!!!!!!!
Spoiler for 197:
Spoiler for lisanna .!!!!!:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 17:24   Link #3296
cyberdemon

Quote:
Spoiler for lisanna .!!!!!:
Spoiler for 198:
Old 2010-08-30, 17:38   Link #3297
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for 198:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-30, 18:08   Link #3298
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for 198:
Old 2010-08-30, 18:14   Link #3299
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for 198:
Spoiler for .:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 18:21   Link #3300
cyberdemon

Quote:
Spoiler for .:
don't assume that anime FT is exactly the same as manga FT. anime tends to take liberties when the manga author isn't even involved and i've seen some have to go in a completely different direction than the manga because they got rid of or changed important events (ie Rosario vampire anime compared to manga. They took out Tsukune's ghoul side and the second season for the anime became a mess as a result). They used the same events for the most part of that episode WASN'T in the manga and the manga is the only source that counts as canon.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen