AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-10-30, 18:34   Link #461
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
The twist of Lulu's power, being able to use it only once per person, makes the situation more critical. CLAMP definitely knows how to create these special situations well. Though, there's still a lot of uncertainty, but its stimulating the plot and keeping me interested.

Lulu against Suzaku seems like the way it is going, but its feels like a bittersweet road and I'm not positive about it. Thankfully, there's some mellow scenes with the class reps to fill between Lulu's intense actions. Episode 3 didn't have the critical situations as 4, but it's fitting for Sunrise.

Some speculations. Lulu seemed that he wanted Clovis's death on the news, but some Brittanian's wanted a coverup, and then others didn't. Which group does it hurt to have established that Clovis was murdered? It looks like there are a few factions who are or will be fighting; I'm curious about their plans/motives. To me, the rebels don't have thier act together, the elevens in the miliatary have their issues, Lulu has sound and vicious strategies, and Brittania just wants to keep their stronghold, or what they would call peace. Situation is ready to explode.

ep4
Spoiler:
Ah, so many good things to find out. It may have some sketchy parts, but Geass is very mysterious with its details.
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 18:37   Link #462
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
erm but how did lulu control the maid in ep 3 to play that tape recorder over the phone in order to trick karen? he wasnt making eye contact with her at all...
The same post you quoted explains how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Rules observed thus far:
- The user must give the command verbally. However, the power of Geass will control the victim for the duration of what the user's command indicates, so the victim may still act under the power's influence even when direct eye contact is broken.
So most likely when Lelouch went to bring the change of clothes for Karen, he Geassed Sayako and told her to call the phone there and play the tape recording. Since the power of Geass remains until the "victim" completes his or her order(s), Sayako remained under Lelouch's influence until she finished playing the recording and hung up. Direct eye contact is only needed to initiate Geass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaken View Post
The twist of Lulu's power, being able to use it only once per person, makes the situation more critical. CLAMP definitely knows how to create these special situations well. Though, there's still a lot of uncertainty, but its stimulating the plot and keeping me interested.
Eh? Unless I'm mistaken, CLAMP's influence only extends as far as character design. I was under the impression that they don't have anything to do with the story itself.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 18:38   Link #463
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark` View Post
So most likely when Lelouch went to bring the change of clothes for Karen, he Geassed Sayako and told her to call the phone there and play the tape recording. Since the power of Geass remains until the "victim" completes his or her order(s), Sayako remained under Lelouch's influence until she finished playing the recording and hung up. Direct eye contact is only needed to initiate Geass.
oh right...missed that part
yep they are turning into death note rules

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 18:39   Link #464
Sevaasu
My World, My Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark` View Post
The same post you quoted explains how.

very good.....and on that note....god bless those perverted minds of japan, ....even though CLAMP is an all girls team from which i last heard
Sevaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 18:45   Link #465
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Quote:

Lulu against Suzaku seems like the way it is going, but its feels like a bittersweet road and I'm not positive about it. Thankfully, there's some mellow scenes with the class reps to fill between Lulu's intense actions. Episode 3 didn't have the critical situations as 4, but it's fitting for Sunrise.

Some speculations. Lulu seemed that he wanted Clovis's death on the news, but some Brittanian's wanted a coverup, and then others didn't. Which group does it hurt to have established that Clovis was murdered? It looks like there are a few factions who are or will be fighting; I'm curious about their plans/motives. To me, the rebels don't have thier act together, the elevens in the miliatary have their issues, Lulu has sound and vicious strategies, and Brittania just wants to keep their stronghold, or what they would call peace. Situation is ready to explode.

ep4
Spoiler:
Ah, so many good things to find out. It may have some sketchy parts, but Geass is very mysterious with its details.
It seems like that the purists are similar to the Nazis in which they believed that they are the descendents of the superior race of the Arayians (Recall the FMA movie). It is possible that Leouch's father, the king of Britannia is a Purists and is similar to Hitler in the aspect that they (the purists) are the superior race of the world. Heck that might be their excuse to take over Japan, which I wonder why?
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 19:03   Link #466
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

Wow
ep4
Spoiler:
Couldnt have said it better i really like the fact that he can only use once on a person that keeps his powers from getting out of control and forces him to think of other methods to carry out his goals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevaasu View Post
very good.....and on that note....god bless those perverted minds of japan, ....even though CLAMP is an all girls team from which i last heard
Amen to that a perverted mind can make for intresting viewing
Wow i wasent sure Lelouch was really going to do it but he did he capped his half brother and like most nobility he went out crying little girl.
Also man Karen is pretty hot that shower scene was nice but the best part was how Lelouch played it cool. "by the way i can see everything. dont worry i wont tell anyone." its was just so nonchalant it add some flavor to the scene. Any predictions on romances if any were to occure?
Old 2006-10-30, 19:49   Link #467
Omiane
Shounen Archiver

Send a message via AIM to Omiane Send a message via MSN to Omiane Send a message via Yahoo to Omiane
Lelouch is becoming cooler and cooler everytime I see him his crazy personality and his cool attitude is very appealing to me. But Why didnt he just tell Karen that it was him in Shinjuku.
Omiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 20:33   Link #468
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Well, Lelouch's commands did lead to the destruction of all the terrorists' mecha units. Besides, if Lelouch's secret was leaked to anyone at all, what would stop that person from reporting him?
Darkman.exe213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 21:39   Link #469
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
It really boils down to a few issues. The Purist Faction, aka Jeremiah and co. sounds noble and all regarding Clovis, but from how they've acted, it really looks like he's just using Clovis's death as an excuse to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, firstly by elevating himself by claiming he caught Clovis's killer and using Suzaku as an excuse to eradicate Elevens from the Military...perhaps even reducing Honourary Britiannian rights for his Purist beliefs. Needless to say...

Spoiler for Episode 4:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 01:29   Link #470
kauldron26
Med Student

do we know how many eps this is supposed to be??
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 01:42   Link #471
chupacabra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
do we know how many eps this is supposed to be??
there isn't such info yet atm but i think we'll see like 26 or 52
chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 02:14   Link #472
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

52 episodes for this serie would be too much, in my opinion. I'd rather prefer this anime to last 26 episodes.

And by the way, some people here still mistake Geass for a CLAMP anime. CLAMP were merely involved in this. As some people have already stated, their only task was to create a few CONCEPT designs for a couple of characters. The mastermind behind this serie is Goro Taniguchi (director of s-CRY-ed, Planetes, Mugen no Ryvius, GUNxSWORD) and the actual character design adaptation is done by Takahiro Kimura (character designer of GUNxSWORD, Godannar, GaoGaiGar and other works).

Seriously guys, CLAMP has almost nothing to do with this anime. You could almost say that their name is shown in the opening solely to draw more people to watch this, but their actual involvement in the production, animation and direction of this anime is quite insignificant.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 02:40   Link #473
kam7r

hi

i think the background is a little weird 'coz lelouch are a french name,
same with Clovis who are the first French king and here it s about... Britain

... weird
kam7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 14:06   Link #474
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Some info about upcoming episodes from Newtype and the Official site...

Spoiler for ep5:

Spoiler for ep6:

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-10-31 at 14:17.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 14:24   Link #475
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep 5:
Sounds a lot like:
Spoiler:
Although I wonder why the military - especially the purists - would go there unless there is some strife arising during a 'mop-up' operation involving them and the ever 'problematic' honorary Britannian soldiers and *someone* has to go to show who's the boss...and *someone else* just has to butt in with his usual self-righteousness.
Anyway, from the preview in ep4, it seems that it's indeed in
Spoiler:
And, suffice it to say, I'm kinda rooting for
Spoiler:
Whatever.
Old 2006-10-31, 16:48   Link #476
nilsen
What's happiness...?

Location: Norway, thats why Im bad in English, but I try my best
Send a message via MSN to nilsen
okey, this is just awsome, everyone just have to follow this anime, its just unbelievable. I don't usaly like mecha, but this one is worth follow, just after this few releases we know its great deloped.

so let's have fun everyone...
nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 23:11   Link #477
Omiane
Shounen Archiver

Send a message via AIM to Omiane Send a message via MSN to Omiane Send a message via Yahoo to Omiane
Well Gun X Sword was awesome so will this great story and great characters to back that up.
Omiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 15:24   Link #478
kauldron26
Med Student

i really, really loved Gun X Sword... i dont know why it isnt more popular... the villian was so original... and the music was just phenomenal.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 19:05   Link #479
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Gun x Sword wasn't really that great in the beginning, and the director is known mostly for his older works: Planetes, Infinite Ryvius, and S-CRY-ed.
Darkman.exe213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 20:04   Link #480
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

little offtopic (it is sure late to say things like this...)

Lelouche Lamperouge can be translated with 2 fashionable ways (be ready ! )
-TheLadle Redlamp (yup yup... way bigger than an spoon... with his eye, he will tear a part a ladle ! )
-TheEquivocal Redlamp (equivocal...with or without his batman suit? XD)

trust me... it's really difficult as a french native to not burst in laughter when any character try to pronounce his name... (oh gosh, his nickname is also a bit... well, you see the picture) at the very first time you watch it...

that note aside. [/offtopic]

well... even if Code Geass is not a blockbuster like the trio "kanon, death note, negima", it's really refreshing and interesting

i was really surprised (positively) about the mecha design : they are... well, less fancy, grotesque or "ultimately-extra-supreme" surreal. like thoses in FMP or such, the knightmare were "realistic" i would say ~~
indeed, lancelot is really gorgeous, but again, a bit too "gundam"-like (it's not wrong, but it is too much fancy, comparing with the other mecha)

the plot doesn't place any revolutionnate story, but Lelouche is damn fascinating (i'm not shocked with his design... yet, i really think he was drawn almost perfectly according his cunning, intelligent mind. physically, a mix of Kamui of X and Shinn of GSD)
and i hope he will not be screwed like Light in Death Note (beginning to be completely nuts because of his power, etc).

the serie itself has a great potential (there is some issues, with the british clichés and the imperialism / japan = victim. but we can shuffle/randomize the name, we wouldn't be surprised, so it's really trivial and rather not important at all), looking for it ! (lelouche is one of the top characters of this season ! )

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-11-01 at 21:16.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote