Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-08-18, 03:58   Link #2601
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Actually I do believe that Tsukune is physically stronger than Moka, he just lacks actual fighting skills. He just fights by instinct, basically a brawler.
Well thats my reason for saying hes not. He may have the physic but it wont do him good if hes not capable to use it. That's why i think if he was to ever duel inner moka, his determination is whats gonna win, and basically he'll win the fight out of shear endurance alone. Telling himself not to give up.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 04:14   Link #2602
FateAnomaly

Why would the one who borrowed the strength be stronger than the original?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 04:22   Link #2603
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

His strength isn't "borrowed" anymore. His physiological body has changed. However the power is attained is of little point. What matters is the person, and its affects.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 04:26   Link #2604
Xacual

Well his power comes at a really steep cost compared to Moka's. If he actually got into a long drawn out fight with Moka even if he won, he'd still lose because he'd probably end up as a ghoul by the end of it.

I mean that kind of a fight would be really taxing both physically and mentally for someone like him.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 04:49   Link #2605
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well his power comes at a really steep cost compared to Moka's. If he actually got into a long drawn out fight with Moka even if he won, he'd still lose because he'd probably end up as a ghoul by the end of it.

I mean that kind of a fight would be really taxing both physically and mentally for someone like him.
Well, I've said this a lot already, but Tsukune is slowly learning to control the vampire blood. Its only a matter of time before he fully controls it, thus not having to worry about degenerating into a ghoul.
Old 2008-08-18, 04:55   Link #2606
FateAnomaly

Any physiological changes to Tsukune will only be in the direction of making him closer to a vampire where his power stem from. He still wouldn't be stronger than the original source. It wouldn't make any sense at all if he did. The only advantage that he had over Moka is that he don't have her weaknesses.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 06:14   Link #2607
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Any physiological changes to Tsukune will only be in the direction of making him closer to a vampire where his power stem from. He still wouldn't be stronger than the original source. It wouldn't make any sense at all if he did. The only advantage that he had over Moka is that he don't have her weaknesses.
It doesn't really matter if Tsukune is physically stronger than Moka - a vampire's strength isn't 'physical'. Vampires are rated according to how much youki they can produce and how well they can control it. Moka has perfect control over this and her body and her blood naturally produces a ton of youki. Tsukune doesn't have this - he's weaker in the sense that he can't produce as much youki as Moka can. (We really can't apply Saiya-jin/half Saiya-jin logic to this one - at least not yet unless Moka even starts to hint that Tsukune is getting stronger than her)

So while Tsukune might have the blood within him, his body isn't vamparic - meaning it can't withstand the effects of the blood within him for long periods of time. I suspect that even Moka and the other vampires have to limit how long they can fight for fear of them going into a blood-thirsty rampage not unlike a ghoul.

As for having 'determination', Inner Moka recognizes a different sort of 'strength' in Tsukune - the kind that allowed him to stay at the academy all this time, even with his life in peril. The kind that allowed him to befriend creatures that thrive by preying on humans in different ways. Inner Moka's never had a real friend before so seeing how much Tsukune is willing to go through for the sake of their friendship and possible romantic relationship, she can't help but feel 'weak' in that respect. She can't even unseal herself, she has to depend on Tsukune to do it and he does get hurt sometimes just to get close enough for him to pull the seal. This is the real reason why she wanted the Risu Mirror - she's just mean to him to shock him and make him stay, even if he thinks badly of her because of it. She'd rather him be alive and happy more than anything.

Last edited by Tempest35; 2008-08-18 at 06:28.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 06:19   Link #2608
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Uurggh thank you for letting me read a 4-page senseless discussion (featuring double- and trippleposts) about what we already cleared ages ago in a few posts . Inner Moka is a tsundere (it's clear how the outer feels) while Tsukune expressed romantic feelings for Moka only, the rest of the harem is just mutual friendship material so for now (even though it's very unlikely there will be a major change in this pattern) whoever thinks he is going to end with another girl than Moka is a hopeless biased fanboy

About the powerlevel discussion: Since this is a fantasy themed series it may be useless to approach the matter in a scientific and/or logical way, the author can change anything as he likes without pulling off a grave deus ex... and he probably will.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 06:37   Link #2609
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yeah but Mizore had been getting all the attention as of late - we, the Vampire Fan Club, needed to flex our fanboyism anyway. lol
Old 2008-08-18, 07:04   Link #2610
GMunny
Anime Fanatic
*Graphic Designer

yeah i think im the only Kurumu fanboy, but im also fan of Mizore, Moka is actually my least favorite, always getting into those sparkly moments and you think there gonna kiss, and BAM blood suck

GMunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 07:14   Link #2611
GMunny
Anime Fanatic
*Graphic Designer

Tsukune will probally become stronger than Moka later on, because then she may accept him...

Old 2008-08-18, 07:20   Link #2612
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Uurggh thank you for letting me read a 4-page senseless discussion (featuring double- and trippleposts) about what we already cleared ages ago in a few posts . Inner Moka is a tsundere (it's clear how the outer feels) while Tsukune expressed romantic feelings for Moka only, the rest of the harem is just mutual friendship material so for now (even though it's very unlikely there will be a major change in this pattern) whoever thinks he is going to end with another girl than Moka is a hopeless biased fanboy

About the powerlevel discussion: Since this is a fantasy themed series it may be useless to approach the matter in a scientific and/or logical way, the author can change anything as he likes without pulling off a grave deus ex... and he probably will.
You said it best Waven, its pointless in trying to say a "produced" version isn't as strong as an "original", an author can make up anything. Good example? Bleach. Ichigo is a "produced" shinigami and he becomes stronger than all the "real" shinigamis.
Old 2008-08-18, 07:33   Link #2613
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMunny View Post
yeah i think im the only Kurumu fanboy, but im also fan of Mizore, Moka is actually my least favorite, always getting into those sparkly moments and you think there gonna kiss, and BAM blood suck
Actually i like Kurumu the most as well, i voted for her in our popularity poll here some time ago but i never believed she'd have a real chance of getting with Tsukune, same with the other girls (even if they use dirty flower tricks, you get my point ). What i would like to see the most is Kurumu somehow hooking up with Gin but that's probably not going to happen .
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 07:34   Link #2614
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Actually i like Kurumu the most as well, i voted for her in our popularity poll here some time ago but i never believed she'd have a real chance of getting with Tsukune, same with the other girls (even if they use dirty flower tricks, you get my point ). What i would like to see the most is Kurumu somehow hooking up with Gin but that's probably not going to happen .
Gin is most likely gonna hook up with the glasses girl who bleeds, lol
Old 2008-08-18, 07:38   Link #2615
GMunny
Anime Fanatic
*Graphic Designer

What Kurumu and Gin, no that would never happen because she already said her destined one is Tsukune....

Old 2008-08-18, 07:46   Link #2616
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just got back from a flu. Bah! I've been hanging with Mizore, too much cold gave me flu... lol, But it's worth it.

Spoiler for long to short:
Old 2008-08-18, 07:48   Link #2617
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Just got back from a flu. Bah! I've been hanging with Mizore, too much cold gave me flu... lol, But it's worth it.

Spoiler for long to short:
no wonder! but your image link is busted.
Old 2008-08-18, 08:25   Link #2618
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
no wonder! but your image link is busted.
funny I can see it on my browser.
Old 2008-08-18, 08:32   Link #2619
Deviannite

Need a little help here what chapter in the manga did the anime stop at?
Deviannite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 08:49   Link #2620
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviannite View Post
Need a little help here what chapter in the manga did the anime stop at?
it stopped at ch 10 of the se1 manga but it did make a jump into vol5 to introduce mizore into the group.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire