AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-07, 20:36   Link #481
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It isn't entirely his fault though. Some of it surely because he left and I think Lelouch is aware of his part of the blame. V.V.'s interference certainly messed things up though one can't know what would have happened if he had not taken Nunnally.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 21:19   Link #482
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
@WD I never got the YL factor everyone says this show has. The YL factor isn't just the main character using his brain(and/or super power) it's the controversy of his actions and the shades of grey it brings with it.
No the Yagami Light factor is the first-person perspective in-terms of analytical and strategic prowess...It is also the ability each character has when it comes to owning who they are as characters...Instead of constantly questioning whether they've become this or become that, they just move forward, being deliciously proud of themselves in similar ways no matter the danger...There motivations differ slightly but each character is presented as if they were meant to be given this gift, because beneath the surface they were always the character they eventually became...

As for the rest there are so many surface comparisons my fingers would bleed typing it all...Hell just in ep 3 when he was counting down after Rollo geassed him, I half expected Mikami to start writing in his DN...That scene sounded eerily similar to Light's countdown in ep 39...Tactical inner-dialogue while trying to avoid surveillance, missions where he takes disguises to avoid Ray Penber like agents on his trail...Too much stuff dude, surely you're not missing all of this...The people who try to make it like Yagami and Lulu don't really have that much in common, are whistling past graveyards IMO...The similarities between the 2 is a HUGE reason I started watching and liking this show...

Quote:
As for Lelouch blindly chasing after Nunally isn't that next episode?
I don't know...All I know is he's gonna be pi$$ed, but he surely won't just forsake everything again and go after her blindly because that would make for a cyclical embarrassment IMO...The writers have got to be better than this again...
Old 2008-05-07, 22:04   Link #483
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

well I guess we both have our own version of the YL factor.

the summary for next episode said "to seize the new governer-general of area 11" so I guess Lelouch is doomed to repeat history.(wow that was lame.)
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 22:31   Link #484
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
well I guess we both have our own version of the YL factor.

the summary for next episode said "to seize the new governer-general of area 11" so I guess Lelouch is doomed to repeat history.(wow that was lame.)
Nah. Last time he tried to seize the Governor-General and got distracted when his sister was kidnapped. This time he's trying to seize the Governor-General which will BE kidnapping his sister.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 22:33   Link #485
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Nah. Last time he tried to seize the Governor-General and got distracted when his sister was kidnapped. This time he's trying to seize the Governor-General which will BE kidnapping his sister.
Actually, the Black Rebellion wasn't about capturing the Governor-General. It was capturing Tokyo.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 22:42   Link #486
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yes, but capturing Cornelia was a key part of that plan.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-07, 22:43   Link #487
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Yes, but capturing Cornelia was a key part of that plan.
Only to get info on his mother.
Old 2008-05-07, 22:57   Link #488
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

No, that was only part of it. He was going to capture her and use her as a hostage.

Old 2008-05-07, 22:57   Link #489
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Only to get info on his mother.
well, it would have also had a severe demoralizing effect on Guilford and co., as Cornelia herself acknowledged when she told Suzaku to stay quiet about her being injured. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 23:46   Link #490
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well, it would have also had a severe demoralizing effect on Guilford and co., as Cornelia herself acknowledged when she told Suzaku to stay quiet about her being injured. >_>
I'm kinda wondering.

If she was that badly wounded how did she evac herself and go into hiding?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 23:50   Link #491
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I'm kinda wondering.

it's anime.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 23:53   Link #492
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I'm kinda wondering.

Do we know if she moved by HERSELF?
Old 2008-05-08, 09:27   Link #493
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

When did they say that she even lived? Granted I had a mediocre sub, and I haven't read outside info, but I thought that her last scene was a "I'm dying, but don't tell them so they don't panic" kind of situation.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 09:29   Link #494
KrimzonStriker

It's already been confirmed in both magazine previews and by Guilford himself that she's just MIA at the moment Dean....>_>
Old 2008-05-08, 12:32   Link #495
Kusaja

Another question would be...would Cornelia be willing to forgive Lelouch for killing Euphie, even if she "understands" what led him down that road?

I think she'll be conflicted...maybe she won't be too forgiving, when she shows up again, and even if she does something against Britannia that doesn't mean she won't try to get revenge.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 12:38   Link #496
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
It's already been confirmed in both magazine previews and by Guilford himself that she's just MIA at the moment Dean....>_>
Hence why I qualified it with "mediocre sub" and "did not read outside material." I didn't know where, which is why I asked in the first place.
No need to get >_> with me.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 13:02   Link #497
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Another question would be...would Cornelia be willing to forgive Lelouch for killing Euphie, even if she "understands" what led him down that road?

I think she'll be conflicted...maybe she won't be too forgiving, when she shows up again, and even if she does something against Britannia that doesn't mean she won't try to get revenge.
I think she'll at least let him go for Nunnally's sake, even if she may not forgive him. For all her talk of revenge, Cornelia's balanced enough mentally to come to terms with Euphie's death without going on a crazy revenge spree. (As clearly shown by the fact it's been weeks since Zero returned and she's still nowhere to be seen. Which either means she's not obsessed with eliminating Lelouch or the Emperor's captured her...in which case she'll direct her anger at him >_>)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 13:27   Link #498
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Hence why I qualified it with "mediocre sub" and "did not read outside material." I didn't know where, which is why I asked in the first place.
No need to get >_> with me.
You asked, I answered, that's all there was to it <_<
Old 2008-05-08, 19:13   Link #499
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
MIA? Wasn't it just hiding/missing?
Old 2008-05-08, 19:19   Link #500
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

MIA means missing in action. There for she is not hiding according to their desire and knowledge.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote