AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 77 44.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 32.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 12.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 6.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.16%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-17, 13:25   Link #121
Vega Lyra
<Congratulations>!!!!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadrias View Post
Oh and, when the meta-world scene kicked in, with Beato saying "Like I'd let you!" or w/e, the way she said it was SO great--it just made me burst out laughing. <3 Ohara.
That was my guilty best part of the episode.
Old 2009-09-17, 13:38   Link #122
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
now with Sugita providing Ronove's voice, I am allowed to laugh at whatever he says right?
Pretty much, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
One thing that I find very funny is that why you mention them as spoiler Supposing you take an anime only viewer stance, actually it serves more like anticipation boost and/or curiosity baiter. I mean, like the OP animations would be a spoiler if no one has not said anything about it, they would only be "might be" spoilers if you know what I mean ^_____^
Even if anime-only viewers were insulated from VN-players that would only be partially true. The OP is spoileriffic enough that anyone who is paying attention should be able to figure out a major plot-point for this arc. But anime-only viewers aren't insulated and VN-players suddenly seem to think it is OK to name characters whose names REALLY shouldn't be revealed yet. Bad form, those of you who have done so. Abominably bad form.

That said, new OP is awesome. Episode 3 having finally begun is awesome. Kind of concerned about later episodes in this arc. I'm thinking that maybe I should go back through Episode 3 and see if I can figure out how they'll be dividing it up. That could help properly aim expectations.
Old 2009-09-17, 14:17   Link #123
NeoWorm

Diedrupo>>
Not that discussion again. I can say it again but I wont. I may be nitpicky from your view but from my view you have no style.

About the discussion scene - What I meant is the table changing size in each scene, people sitting around as well. Perspective is twisted all the time and so on and so on. If you didnt noticed this, you must be blind.

Cliffhangers are cheap most of the times, it can greatly improve atmosphere, but overusing it will ruin it instead (Code Geass R2 for example). Directors shoudnt rely on cliffhangers in each episode, especialy when that scene would be so forced as it was here (it could have ended with metaworld scene, it was intense enough).
For incredible atmospheric anime without cliffhangers watch Ghost Hound. Only one episode ended with cliffhanger, but it had so intense atmosphere that even when the episode ended casually I coudnt wait for another one.

About Renove - I always imagined him as a kind of bastard that makes fun of the others all the time and that play stupid and weak only for his whim. When he laughts its so weird that you got chill. And that he is actually really handsome. Anime version just dont suit my tastes. Maybe because he doesnt look like Antonio Banderas. He is just not demonic in the slightest aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
But anime-only viewers aren't insulated and VN-players suddenly seem to think it is OK to name characters whose names REALLY shouldn't be revealed yet. Bad form, those of you who have done so. Abominably bad form.
The only name that matters wasnt mentioned yet, on the other hand its the easiest to figure out. But I think these characters shoudnt be showed at all in the first place, since every single character on the top of basic 18 plus Beatrice was suprise in VN.
Old 2009-09-17, 14:33   Link #124
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Man, I am SO glad Deen started my favourite VN arc with a good impact. The OP was great, and the choice to animate flashbacks was stellar. "Beatrice" is just as I'd pictured her, and Ronove is a handsome devil (aha! I made a pun!). The Meta-World scene was well-done as well, though I want more Battler and Ronove bonding time. xD This time, I'm trying to be less biased towards the anime, and try not to compare it to the VN too much, and it's a lot easier to enjoy the episodes that way. Deen did a pretty good slice n' dice job here, and Rosa's declaration of having killed Mistress Beato was a smart stopping place. Keep it up, Deen!

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-09-17 at 14:48.
Old 2009-09-17, 14:47   Link #125
June 1983

I also think it's seriously uncool that quite a few people here have mentioned a certain character's name who was in the OP but hasn't appeared yet in the story. Get a grip, people. Take it to the VN thread.

Despite a few flaws, I loved this episode, so I'm giving it a 10. I can't wait to see the preview for next week.
Old 2009-09-17, 14:49   Link #126
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Once for all: please do NOT mention names of characters that haven't yet been introduced or yet to be revealed.
Regardless their impact, it is still a spoiler.

Just refers her as "Beatrice" or "Beatrice's mentor" or something (and let's not even hint about possible "more" characters in the damn show). Because at this rate, there will be more than half of the posters being banned.
Do I need to increase the possible ban period to 1 week instead? The guidelines are clear and posted for WEEKS.
Old 2009-09-17, 15:10   Link #127
Midonin
Last Engage

Characters being the opening of a series who have yet to appear in the show itself is a fairly common phenomena. The show's not doing anything out of the ordinary.
Old 2009-09-17, 15:14   Link #128
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWorm View Post
Diedrupo>>
Not that discussion again. I can say it again but I wont. I may be nitpicky from your view but from my view you have no style.
I'm going to guess english isn't your first language based on your posts since saying I have no style doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Perhaps you meant something else?

Quote:
About the discussion scene - What I meant is the table changing size in each scene, people sitting around as well. Perspective is twisted all the time and so on and so on. If you didnt noticed this, you must be blind.
If you meant that, then you should have mentioned it the first time instead of saying that there was no action in the scene. You implied something completely different compared to what you are saying now. Either way, it's not something that most viewers would or should care about.

Quote:
Directors shoudnt rely on cliffhangers
you've got to be kidding me. i don't even think i need to say anything else.

edit: not related to above response, but I personally love the new OP and think there's nothing wrong with it showing future scenes and characters not yet introduced. That is standard for every anime in existence. people should stop crying about it.
Old 2009-09-17, 16:14   Link #129
NeoWorm

No I am not born english speaker, sorry. I should say poor standarts. My word-stock is kinda poor sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
If you meant that, then you should have mentioned it the first time instead of saying that there was no action in the scene. You implied something completely different compared to what you are saying now. Either way, it's not something that most viewers would or should care about.
I said it was lazy animation, which it was, you cant deny it. And watchers should care about it, because otherwise noone will force studios to improve and it will be only worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
That is standard for every anime in existence. people should stop crying about it.
Majority argument is not argument at all. If most anime are like this it doesnt mean its right. That also concerns few other your statemants.
Old 2009-09-17, 16:30   Link #130
urusai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWorm View Post
I said it was lazy animation, which it was, you cant deny it. And watchers should care about it, because otherwise noone will force studios to improve and it will be only worse.
Yes, I'm sure DEEN will notice a comment about their art quality in an Animesuki thread.
Old 2009-09-17, 16:31   Link #131
June 1983

The thing is with lazy animation ... while I certainly don't like it, I don't expect them to improve, and I understand why it exists. Most animators in Japan are overworked and underpaid. The industry is in a bad situation right now. Except for really big companies like BONES and Madhouse, they really don't have the time or money to make each episode perfect. I'd prefer it was better, but you know ... if wishes were fishes. I don't see the point in getting your pretty panties in a twist over it. Point it out or make fun of it, but you don't need to have a multi-post drama about it. And anyway, this thread isn't really the place for you to vent your deep frustration at all that is wrong with anime right now. Nobody really gives two shits.

Anyway, I like future characters being shown in anime OPs, because it gives viewers something to look forward to. Since you've decided it's appropriate to criticize other people's "standards", I would then say that you simply have poor taste.

Onto something a little more relevant, did anyone else think the BGM was handled much better in this episode? They seemed louder and more impactful than before. I also really love the (original, I think) music that was played while little!Beato and original!Beatrice were talking.
Old 2009-09-17, 16:41   Link #132
IfritTower
Just furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Onto something a little more relevant, did anyone else think the BGM was handled much better in this episode? They seemed louder and more impactful than before. I also really love the (original, I think) music that was played while little!Beato and original!Beatrice were talking.
Yeah, this is the first episode that the Anime-Only BGMs were actually pretty good. Most of the other times they were overused.
Old 2009-09-17, 16:45   Link #133
Excorsism

Why are they calling her Beato now? Are they that closer to each other now or what?
Old 2009-09-17, 16:47   Link #134
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Why are they calling her Beato now? Are they that closer to each other now or what?
This scene was left out from the anime. In Episode 2, before Battler and Beato's official debate involving red text, Beato asked Battler to call her Beato because that's what people close to her calls her.
Old 2009-09-17, 16:51   Link #135
NeoWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Anyway, I like future characters being shown in anime OPs, because it gives viewers something to look forward to. Since you've decided it's appropriate to criticize other people's "standards", I would then say that you simply have poor taste.
I have poor taste because I want to see anime that would be as good as novel. Yes, its definitely me that have bad taste.

Lets stop it, I feel quite bad about this flamewar. I just cant help myself when i read about how splendid it was. Most of the series was bad and I really disliked it. Last EP is exception that was as good as it should be.

I agree with music. Maybe they finaly realised how bad it was untill now (at least I hope so).
Old 2009-09-17, 17:07   Link #136
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
It's not that hard to figure it out, even for anime-only viewers.

Maria always calls her Beato, and Battler does too when they're discussing the epitaph on EP2. So it's logic that Meta-Battler could start calling her that aswell.
Old 2009-09-17, 17:10   Link #137
Bureiku

as an anime-only veiwer this has been an amazing series but maybe thats just because I dont really care about certain bgm (except my friend sent me happy maria and im in love with it) and i really enjoyed this episode even more than the rest the only problem i have ever seen as an anime only veiwer is the last episode of EP:2 was really strange and sooooooo much happend soo fast after the anime i am gonna read the novels but until then i have no problems with the anime
Old 2009-09-17, 17:39   Link #138
mizou
Observer

bull-beato

where's her noise ? lol
Old 2009-09-17, 18:20   Link #139
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizou View Post
bull-beato

where's her noise ? lol
That screenshot isn't bad at all... also, that's not the first time that a nose has looked like that from head on. It's just the art style. ^^;
(Sometimes the nose looks different head on as well though)

Old 2009-09-17, 18:46   Link #140
Shamisen
Talking Cat

I love the new opening. Just what I was expecting once they had to introduce the newer characters.

Also loved the transition from real word to meta world in this. I don't know why, it just seems right.
Closed Thread