AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite girl?
Nu 5 4.31%
Gamma 12 10.34%
Alpha 46 39.66%
Delta 30 25.86%
Beta 23 19.83%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-09-14, 04:27   Link #241
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbo99 View Post
Questions

1. If Cid truly believes the Eminence in Shadow is fake, why does he still trying to achieve a fake goal? It's like saying you want to meet Santa Claus but you already know Santa is fake?

2. A smaller gripe during the God of War Tournament is that prior to learning Jimina is Shadow, everyone just thinks Jimina can't beat this person and this person. What kind of mentality is that? If you see Jimina taking on high level swordsmen, clearly he is just as skilled as any others?

3. I don't see the point of Cid making a bet with his friends to ask Alexia out. Couldn't he just ask the princess out without the whole bet thing?

4. I'm surprised Hyoro is still in school. You would think that after gambling all his money in the God of Tournament, his parents would have been more strict or sent him to military school?

5. I totally get Cid is a jerk but he isn't wrong to break up with Alexia considering he was nearly framed and executed and Iris had a part in it. I don't get why Alexia had the right to attack him?

6. Where was Kai and Omega when Epsilon was in her mission to assassinate Mordred? Why didn't they helped her out when she failed?

7. When Claire was kidnapped, Cid just gave up on her. Even if he didn't, if Claire wasn't found, won't Cid's parents pour all their hopes and dreams onto him meaning they'll watch Cid 24/7 and add in tons of homework thus he cannot do whatever he wants anymore?

8. You would think that bandits would wise up after so many bandits went to Midgar and vanished without a trace?
1. He believes it's a real achievable goal. For him it's like he's trying to be a cross between James Bond and Batman with the OPness of Saitama. He just doesn't believe any of the cult stuff is real.

2. The way Cid took them out was just too mindblowing. He essentially knocked them out so fast that nobody, not even people who are top tiers in terms of strength, could catch it. It's why Annerose and Quinton dismissed that possibility and instead thought he was cheating by boasting his speed with a artifact because if they accepted that possibility it would mean that Cid is by far the fastest person in the world (which he is).

3. Getting a dear by friends is a mob thing.

4. It's a joke lol. Besides his parents probably only gave him a allowance.

5. Also a joke. Alexia is a tsundere which means that she gets a free pass when dealing violence on the MC.

6. Doing some other work.

7. Cid likely wasn't thinking that far ahead and even if that was the case Cid could no doubt find a way to slip away. It's hinted that his parents were strict in his past life too (they made him learn Piano) and he still had time to train.

8. Cid leaves no survivors which means no news about him gets out. The other bandits probably assumed that the kingdom sent knights to deal with them or something.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-14, 10:01   Link #242
Rimbo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
1. He believes it's a real achievable goal. For him it's like he's trying to be a cross between James Bond and Batman with the OPness of Saitama. He just doesn't believe any of the cult stuff is real.

4. It's a joke lol. Besides his parents probably only gave him a allowance.

5. Also a joke. Alexia is a tsundere which means that she gets a free pass when dealing violence on the MC.
1. He lives in a world of magic. I'm sure a secret cult would be in the realm of believablity.

4. I'm pretty sure nobles would not waste money to children who would never amount to anything.

5. Still, shouldn't she be a little considerate since he nearly died because of her?

Spoiler for Follow-Up:
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-15, 00:21   Link #243
Log

Quote:
1. He lives in a world of magic. I'm sure a secret cult would be in the realm of believablity.

4. I'm pretty sure nobles would not waste money to children who would never amount to anything.

5. Still, shouldn't she be a little considerate since he nearly died because of her?

Spoiler for Follow-Up:
1. Imagine if you made up a completely far fetched lie and told it to all your friends who in turn believed it and start treating it like it's real. Then it turns out it is real but you're too stupid to realize it. That's Cid in a nutshell.

4. There's no indication that nobles in Cid's kingdom are that mean spirited.

5. Tsundere logic.

Spoiler for my answers:
Old 2019-09-17, 22:57   Link #244
recuero002

good people a question know why the author has not published anything since a month ago
recuero002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-18, 12:41   Link #245
Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuero002 View Post
good people a question know why the author has not published anything since a month ago
Busy with LN publication. Also WN speed naturally slows down as the LN comes out to allow the LN to catch up.
Old 2019-09-18, 21:30   Link #246
Rimbo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuero002 View Post
As Log said, he might be busy, he might return when he got details for Volume 4 rollling.

Quote:
Busy with LN publication. Also WN speed naturally slows down as the LN comes out to allow the LN to catch up.
Spoiler for Question:
Old 2019-09-19, 11:44   Link #247
Log

Quote:
Spoiler for Question:
Spoiler for response:
Old 2019-09-19, 16:27   Link #248
Rimbo99

Quote:
Spoiler for response:
Spoiler for Question:
Old 2019-09-20, 00:05   Link #249
Log

Quote:
Spoiler for Question:
Spoiler for response:
Old 2019-09-20, 01:07   Link #250
Rimbo99

Quote:
Spoiler for response:
Thanks for the explanation.
Old 2019-09-28, 05:13   Link #251
Rimbo99

Spoiler for Apparently, the manga artist has redone this page to add this part from the WN:
Old 2019-11-03, 21:30   Link #252
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Not that often that I see the middle finger in a manga scene!
Old 2019-12-02, 08:51   Link #253
VooXoo

Looks like the hype fell after a year of release, the manga latest chapter is still untraslated.
I'm happy we reached the WN cap but sad at the same time there isn't much to look forward until the LN reach the WN.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 09:09   Link #254
whiteshadow
Slowly Dying

How good is this ln? Is there any comedy in it, is the protagonist interesting or just your average dense harem protagonist?
whiteshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 09:31   Link #255
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteshadow View Post
How good is this ln? Is there any comedy in it, is the protagonist interesting or just your average dense harem protagonist?
The protagonist is extremely dense, but in an extremely non-typical way. Presumably you've read the summary, so the whole "acts as a shadowy figure while not realizing he basically is one" is more or less the entire series.

The guy does not and never will notice that he's actually fighting real cultists, that the world is actually in danger, or that all his made up scenarios are more or less really happening.

And the show sticks to that one gag no matter what, so if you get annoyed at a series tanking any kind of stakes or tension (or character development) it could build from its story, turn away now.
Old 2019-12-24, 07:15   Link #256
whiteshadow
Slowly Dying

I got a question, was epsilon rape by mordred? He said she was enjoyable, did he meant that literally or he enjoyed the fight he had with epsilon?
Old 2019-12-24, 07:25   Link #257
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
I got a question, was epsilon rape by mordred? He said she was enjoyable, did he meant that literally or he enjoyed the fight he had with epsilon?
No, she wasn’t, he only sneak attacked and seriously injured her but she managed to escape
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-24, 07:42   Link #258
whiteshadow
Slowly Dying

Thank goodness that that wasn't the case, I was extremely anxious. So how strong is mordred actually, compare to the seven shadow? I'd assume he got his ass handed to him against shadow right like usual right?.

Oh btw, has Sherry made her appearance yet after she parted earlier in the story?
Old 2019-12-24, 07:46   Link #259
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Thank goodness that that wasn't the case, I was extremely anxious. So how strong is mordred actually, compare to the seven shadow? I'd assume he got his ass handed to him against shadow right like usual right?.
We haven’t been show how strong Mordred is yet, and the first time he met Cid, they only chatted a little and then Cid “accidentally” cut off one of his arm
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-30, 09:54   Link #260
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
The protagonist is extremely dense, but in an extremely non-typical way. Presumably you've read the summary, so the whole "acts as a shadowy figure while not realizing he basically is one" is more or less the entire series.

The guy does not and never will notice that he's actually fighting real cultists, that the world is actually in danger, or that all his made up scenarios are more or less really happening.

And the show sticks to that one gag no matter what, so if you get annoyed at a series tanking any kind of stakes or tension (or character development) it could build from its story, turn away now.
To be fair, there is character development, just not from Cid. Cid is just Saitama with a heavy dose of chuunibiyou. A good number of the agents have had their backstories expanded.

While I do enjoy his chuuni episodes, I do personally think the story benefits more from having the agents be the center of attention. Without the girls, there would be no story since Cid is usually oblivious.
Not only that, but the girls narratively establish Cid's role as a shadow agent in the story, however coincidental it may be. Aside from the major fights, he is not central to the overarching plot as the other girls take care of that. He is not the mastermind everyone believes, but he is ironically carrying out his role of being a discreet shadow operative well.

That's why the LN's sidestories are so important.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2019-12-30 at 11:16.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark organization, dense mc, harem, power in the shadows