AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-10, 01:46   Link #221
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreater1 View Post
That's not really what I see. Kyou realized that Kotomi likes him and was serious, and because it's Kotomi, she couldn't get jealous at all. She even said that despite Ryou knowing Kotomi is her love rival towards Tomoya, Ryou gladly accepted that Kotomi needs Tomoya more and gave up. Kyou didn't prioritized Tomoya's feeling but gave him to Kotomi, because she knew how much Kotomi treasures him.
Yeah, I just checked that scene, and you're correct. However, she did approach Kotomi before she even knew about her feelings. [The day in which Kotomi wasn't supposed to make any new friends (because that's what Ryou's prediction said), and Kyou showed up.] Actually, even when Tomoya introduced them for the first time, despite Kyou being a bit cold, she still accepted to become Kotomi's friend.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because Tomoya went out of his way to try to make someone happy, and I'd be surprised if Kyou didn't notice that. Even then, she was the first girl to approach them, and offer them some help. (She may have had her own reasons to do so, though.)

Quote:
Wait... she was angry? I didn't see her really angry, more like concerned jealousy because Nagisa and Tomoya were enjoying themselves together.
I guess, perhaps, my wording was incorrect.^^ I think anger wouldn't be the correct word, but resentment. Anyway, my point is still the same. Nagisa was also a close friend of Kyou's, and if something was clear about Kyou in the game, was that she cares a great deal about her family (at least, about Ryou) and her friends. The way in which she behaved in that scene was as if she just didn't care about that, even if it was clear that Tomoya and Nagisa were happy together (especially in Tomoya's case who had been quite depressed before Nagisa returned - Kyou simply acted as if she didn't notice/care about that, and that's what I mean with OOC).

Quote:
Anyway, the crying part (devastated) was because she realized that Ryou knew about her feelings to Tomoya. That's why Ryou told her "Sorry" because she was using her despite she knew about Kyou's real feeling. Just imagine how it feels to know that your "get together" plan for your sister actually back fired at you. If you plan to get someone to love someone, you shouldn't be in love with that someone for it to truly work out.
I didn't see it that way; I guess you're correct. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 2008-03-24, 10:47   Link #222
~ Lawliet ~

There are obvious similarities between Kyou and Kagami.
Old 2008-03-24, 19:33   Link #223
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Lawliet ~ View Post
There are obvious similarities between Kyou and Kagami.
No, it's pure coincidence. Especially the name thing where "Kyou" can also be written as 鏡, which can also be pronounced "Kagami". (If you remember, Tsukasa's nickname for Kagami was "Kyou-chan" for this reason.) Hmm...

No, really, it probably is just coincidence since CLANNAD and Lucky Star published around the same time.
Old 2008-03-26, 20:58   Link #224
Furyofthewolves
Kyonkoism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
No, it's pure coincidence. Especially the name thing where "Kyou" can also be written as 鏡, which can also be pronounced "Kagami". (If you remember, Tsukasa's nickname for Kagami was "Kyou-chan" for this reason.) Hmm...

No, really, it probably is just coincidence since CLANNAD and Lucky Star published around the same time.
Didn't the game come out way before Lucky Star did? And there is way too many similarities between Kagami and Kyou not to mention Tsukasa and Ryou... So Lucky Star really might very have been referencing Clannad with those two.
Old 2008-03-26, 21:12   Link #225
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Nope, the original 4-koma of Lucky Star came out around 2004. The Clannad game came out then too.

I think it was just a coincidence.
Old 2008-04-23, 07:37   Link #226
YagamiKaze
The last light for myself

I agree with it.If you ever considered that the author of Clannad wasn't the one of Lucky star you would know that it's just a coincidence.There isn't any relationship between Kyou and Kagami except that they are animation characters.
Old 2008-04-23, 13:36   Link #227
velocity7

I also say it's a coincidence as well.

Of course, if KyoAni decides to make another season of Lucky Star, expect some CLANNAD stuff going on there (they didn't hold back with that Kanon joke either).
Old 2008-05-01, 22:46   Link #228
Allithus

Lucky star and clannad anime are made by the same people but aren't they written by different people? I wonder how many people wants to see a after story of kyou, there's a fan made video on youtube
Spoiler for video:
. I also wonder how many people think that Ryou over dominates Kyou's line in the clannad game.
Old 2008-05-02, 05:28   Link #229
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allithus View Post
Lucky star and clannad anime are made by the same people but aren't they written by different people? I wonder how many people wants to see a after story of Kyou, there's a fan made video on youtube
Spoiler for video:
Yup. Same animators, different writers of source material.

Yes, I wan't to see a Kyou AS, and I want it to be on the same league as Nagisa AS. Oh why did Kai (main scenario writer for Kyou's route) have to leave Key after completing Clannad?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allithus View Post
I also wonder how many people think that Ryou over dominates Kyou's line in the clannad game.
Which line? Or does line = route/scenario? In that case, then I think Kyou's scenario should be more appropriately called the Fujibayashi Twins' scenario. In terms of focus, Kyou's the most shafted heroine in the game (with about as much focus as Yoshino Yuusuke), and that was even carried on to the anime adaptation .
Old 2008-05-07, 06:47   Link #230
YagamiKaze
The last light for myself

Kyou's AS?It's seem that the Kyou's AS was made by some fans instead of the company KEY acrodding to what I heard.But I am exceoting for it no matter who made that.
Old 2009-02-16, 12:28   Link #231
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Kyo's in some way the female version of Tomoya...in the VN it's even stated many times.
My favourite from the females of Clannad(Tomoyo and Fuko are the next then Nagissa).
Energetic, somewhat violent, but very caring and always places the others before her.
Question: What's Botan's 7 feats(i mean the remaining 4...i know the plussie, massager and pillow mode...) and the old Botan(in the After Story phase) able to do them?
Just imagining a mature wild boar doing the "massage mode":P...
Old 2009-02-18, 03:25   Link #232
kyosak
poo

Kyou's route had some delicious drama and although I haven't beat the game 100%, it's easily my favorite. Kyou AS... One can only dream... Q.Q
Old 2009-02-24, 01:14   Link #233
wontaek

If you consider the how old Tomoya and Kyou is at current anime episodes, they are at prime age for marriage in Asia. Why can't Tomoya and Kyou have an 'accident' together when they meet?
Old 2009-02-24, 04:56   Link #234
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I don't get it somehow...how? What kind of "accident"? Maybe i am not in the shape to quite get it...care to explain?
Old 2009-02-24, 21:54   Link #235
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I don't get it somehow...how? What kind of "accident"? Maybe i am not in the shape to quite get it...care to explain?
I think the implication is a Bow Chikka Wow Wow kinda accident.

Not likely. Unhappy? Can always fanfic it.
Old 2009-02-24, 22:07   Link #236
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Kyou struck me as being a likely responsible adult when she grow up. Though that fury might not go way so quickly, it still might become harder to get to scary Kyou and dictionary thrower if she's not constantly confronted with things that cause rage and/or tsun responces. We'll see, there are still several more episodes to go.
Old 2009-02-25, 08:43   Link #237
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

If I am not wrong, we can just Kyou as just any high school girl in the moments of growing up, with all that tsuntsun and anti-authority ness, but she is still a girl.

Let me make the last part of my point with her conversation with Tomoya when they are stuck in the P.E store in S1 Ep 17....

Spoiler for spoiler, watch it yourself:

If she outright refuses to do it, she could have just killed Tomoya. But notice she is giving excuses......

This shows that she is still a normal girl after all, with all that raging hormones and that "I don't mind if it is you" thinking.

P.S She is still a purple-haired tsundere after all......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-02-25, 23:09   Link #238
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

I think in ep 20, Ushio said that her homeroom teacher is out for training or something and I also remember that Kyou's wish is to become a preschool teacher or something. Maybe Ushio's teacher is...Kyou???
Old 2009-02-26, 00:28   Link #239
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If I am not wrong, we can just Kyou as just any high school girl in the moments of growing up, with all that tsuntsun and anti-authority ness, but she is still a girl.

Let me make the last part of my point with her conversation with Tomoya when they are stuck in the P.E store in S1 Ep 17....

Spoiler for spoiler, watch it yourself:

If she outright refuses to do it, she could have just killed Tomoya. But notice she is giving excuses......

This shows that she is still a normal girl after all, with all that raging hormones and that "I don't mind if it is you" thinking.

P.S She is still a purple-haired tsundere after all......
This is one of the reasons why I love kyou, also she looks dam fine in the basketball tournament. i would buy a game of her boobies jiggling, on a side note they made one of Kamen no Maid Guy fame. Even after playing the game, one of my favorite endings is the one with Kyou, its just so tomoya and gah its win written all over it. Whats wierd is even though I'm love tsunderes, I also love the yamato nadeshiko, like aoi, i guess it just depends on the lead.
Old 2009-02-26, 04:53   Link #240
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Who doesn't like tsuntsun? I think that is an extremely cute character for a girl, hard on outside, soft on inside, both in the perverse and non-perverse way.

Spoiler for spoilerism!:

And yes, Ushio's teacher is Kyou. Talk about coincidences, this is going to be the worst one. It would certainly be the best if Tomoya tells Ushio about all the stuff in the past, like her throwing dictionaries at anyone who pisses her off, fighting with Tomoyo over questionable issues, etc.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Closed Thread