AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-18, 17:15   Link #121
ellifeedn
Thinker

Perhaps they could do an OVA of the novel, the Extra Stage.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 21:51   Link #122
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
3.)Hibiki got two wifes(ore even more...)
I'll go with this one. Since when we have this in an anime that's not Hentai?
Old 2009-04-18, 23:34   Link #123
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
Just thought I link a site to vandread manga, if any of you fans haven't seen them
http://www.onemanga.com/Vandread/
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 07:39   Link #124
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

When this show came out on t.v. I recorded it on a broken vcr that I had to manually hold the tape down. I had to manually hold the tape even just to watch it. Even so there I was with my hand in the vcr watching Vandread again and again.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 01:54   Link #125
Eid

I've just finished watching it yesterday and fell asleep with my computer, tv, audio system, lights and everything ON.... I have to tell that that anime really sucked me in, I liked everything about, the start was cheesy but I really liked it, I guess it's quite hopeless to expect anything more from this series, as it seems the creators kind of have given up on this, but I would really like that this series would continue some day ..

I also wrote an review on anidb in my own quite ridiculous style of thinking, it's under "yukilt", so if anyone gives a damn check it out.. ^^
Eid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 02:50   Link #126
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

^

Haha, I had the same exact effect as well. I never expected to like Vandread, but the characters are so likable, it didn't matter. One of those weirdly good Gonzo classics. Sorta like with Shangri-la nowadays.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 03:53   Link #127
Eid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
^

Haha, I had the same exact effect as well. I never expected to like Vandread, but the characters are so likable, it didn't matter. One of those weirdly good Gonzo classics. Sorta like with Shangri-la nowadays.
Glad to hear that you liked it like my also, now when I read your comment I remembered the Sinatra song in one of the episodes... that was awesome, because I was sitting in the middle of the night ^_^.

____

Also, anyone has seen Vandread Turbulence? Is it any good or just a short version of the series?

Last edited by Eid; 2009-09-13 at 05:56.
Eid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 19:26   Link #128
Manic
real men love pink

the 2 ovas are just summaries of the seasons

and yeah i really loved this series i actually liked it more the 2nd time i watched it. It would be nice if they made another season to show some more of hibiki/dita(sp?) and battle earth
Old 2009-10-22, 07:18   Link #129
miloy2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
the 2 ovas are just summaries of the seasons

and yeah i really loved this series i actually liked it more the 2nd time i watched it. It would be nice if they made another season to show some more of hibiki/dita(sp?) and battle earth
second that .. even the novel didn't explain on earth battle.. and IMO based on the espd 13 (season 2) it might only consist small number of the total fleet.
miloy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 20:25   Link #130
ViewtifulAlchemist

This was a nice series was, didn't think it would amount to much with the whole "men and women hate each other" premise but it had a lot of likeable characters (even Bart become super awesome) but got really into towards the later half of the second season. The CGI mechas was questionable at times but can overlooked since this was one of Gonzo's earlier series. Super Vandread looked awesome the few times it was onscreen regardless.

When the "Trust" OP theme from first season played in the end of ep.13 second season I teared up a little, I didn't want the adventure to end.
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 03:00   Link #131
Thors_Hammer0511

Actually when Vandread was 1st released in Japan it had a huge following and then when it was released in the U.S. it's following grew so they were going to produce a 3rd stage but what made Vandread so great was the characters and the interaction between the various characters on top a a great story. and the third stage was going to reference he various characters from time to time but was going to focus on a different set of characters later in the future. The fans said no so they dropped it. I personally would have liked to see Parfet and Duelo's relationship advance
Thors_Hammer0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 07:12   Link #132
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Yeah I know it's old, but just started watching the 1st season, liking it so far.
Old 2011-05-03, 07:33   Link #133
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Indeed, back then, I greatly enjoyed the harem-type series, and this one was no exception. Even so, even I got tired of the Hibiki-pushes-away-Dita moments. I liked the chars themselves, but those moments kinda wanted to make me punch Hibiki in the face =02. As far as the girls' personality though, I liked them all except Jura, but I liked Meia the best, since she was badass.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 09:45   Link #134
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

^ Does he continue to do it throughout season 1 and 2? I haven't finished season 1 yet but I hope it isn't like ZnT where it never goes anywhere...
Old 2011-05-08, 01:46   Link #135
n120cky

^ Don't worry about it Vandread had a good charater-development and a good plot to follow.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 04:25   Link #136
ReddyRedWolf

Though the plan was there to be a focus on Hibiki's daughters for the sequel but that didn't pan out.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 19:01   Link #137
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaWolf View Post
^ Does he continue to do it throughout season 1 and 2? I haven't finished season 1 yet but I hope it isn't like ZnT where it never goes anywhere...
The romance does get a concrete resolution at the end of Vandread season 2.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 15:03   Link #138
reira99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I knew I could find them out there in the net with just doing some brief google.

Hibita (Hibiki x Dita)

Hibeia (Hibiki x Meia)

Group Pic

I found these pics at Javier's Vandread Shrine which is one of the last surviving Vandread fan-pages that continue to wander around the internet.

According to the synopsis I read four years ago for Vandread 3rd stage, whereas the first and second stages focused on "relationship" as the serie's main theme the third stage would have focused on "family" as the new theme.

Disclaimer. All of the above images were released on the March issue of Newtype four years ago. Do NOT assume that there's going to be a new season for Vandread. It is both unofficial and a rumor.
dita and hibiki did have an child but its in the novel of vandread extra stage novel just found the plot sumary by any chance do guys know were can i download the novel of extra stage hibiki and dita story
reira99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 05:02   Link #139
reira99

dose anyone know where i can read vandread novel extra stage
reira99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 18:11   Link #140
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Wow, ancient thread for a well done anime is found.

Ah, this anime brings back so many memories...

It's not my first anime, by far, but it does have a soft spot in my heart (especially Meia )

Tags
action, romance