AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-17, 19:16   Link #6421
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Okay, look, a warship has limited room for facilities. Not only does it have to house the hangers for the mobile suits, it has to house crew quarters, the bridge, weapon bays, the launch bays, storage facilities for supplies...

While that meteor base likely had full facilities for mobile suit development, so it would be better equipped to rebuild and create the Freedom, Justice, DOMs, and METEOR Units.
Old 2013-04-17, 19:25   Link #6422
Skye629

I would like to point out that Freedom was not the only Nuclear Reactor equipped MS out there following the end events of SEED

Refer to the sidestories, and in particular Astray (though it is also notable that some of these units ended up going to rogue factions as well)

EG. Dreadnought, Regenerate, Testament (All which are very cool gundams imo)

Last edited by Skye629; 2013-04-17 at 19:43.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 19:50   Link #6423
Aquaman OS

Again, Eternal wasn't a Warship. It was a mobile base for Freedom Justice and Meteors. Which is why its very lightly armed with only a single beam cannon and few missile launchers (though it can use the Meteor's as makeshift cannons)

The Dom's were built in the factory though. That was shown. SF and IJ seemed to be built on the Eternal, since they were already on board when Eternal had to make an emergency break for it when Zaft found them. Although they could have used the factory resources and simply brought them over to the ship since it was right next door to the factory.

The meteor's however were already in place when Lacus first returned to Eternal mid Seed Destiny, before they were at the factory (which was located by an abandoned colony while Eternal was out in the middle of nowhere)
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 19:57   Link #6424
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given the two-year timeskip, it's impossible to know when and how the Freedom and Meteors were rebuilt, but I find it unlikely they'd choose the Eternal over a fully-functional factory and repair bay.
Old 2013-04-17, 19:58   Link #6425
S.Freedom

Going back to nuclear powered MS and such. No one's mentioned the Destroy that Stella piloted. Something that big and with those weapons had to be nuclear powered. The R&D for that had to take while, most likely having started after the treaty.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 19:59   Link #6426
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Unfortunately, we don't know how the Destroy was powered. It's size could very well have warranted a fully functional power plant, as opposed to the usual energy battery or nuclear fission reactor seen on previous mobile suits.
Old 2013-04-17, 20:15   Link #6427
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Couldn't the mansion house the repair facility last I remembered the AA launch from the same facility as Freedom so it's possible it was rebuilt in that same underground facility below the mansion.
Old 2013-04-17, 20:17   Link #6428
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Couldn't the mansion house the repair facility last I remembered the AA launch from the same facility as Freedom so it's possible it was rebuilt in that same underground facility below the mansion.
Looked more like a single launch bay, but it still raises the problem of the Freedom having been stored on ORB soil, and let's face it--you're not going to hide that kind of underground construction from ORB's main government. Even if the Freedom isn't officially part of the ORB military, it's still being kept within their borders and yet did nothing about it.
Old 2013-04-17, 20:26   Link #6429
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

But given Lacus resources its a possibility for the whole island to be a select facility.
Old 2013-04-17, 20:52   Link #6430
Destined_Fate

To be fair, Kira was surprised to see the Freedom again. So I'm going to assume that he had ditched it after the war which gave Lacus time to have it rebuilt than transferred in secret to the hangar at a later date.

At the very least Lacus was smart enough to know the treaty was BS and that the end of SEED didn't settle the hatred between the Feds and ZAFT, it just gave them a moment of calm before they go back to killing each other.

Though it didn't take until Destiny that Lacus figured out that stashing Freedom wasn't enough and she should be using her popularity and power to ensure that peace remains.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 20:52   Link #6431
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
But given Lacus resources its a possibility for the whole island to be a select facility.
Entirely possible, but that only makes it even more likely to be known to ORB. You simply can't hide that level of construction, and someone will be coming for answers if they find out someone's building a whole friggin' support facility to a mobile suit under a place that's supposed to be an orphanage.
Old 2013-04-17, 20:59   Link #6432
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
To be fair, Kira was surprised to see the Freedom again. So I'm going to assume that he had ditched it after the war which gave Lacus time to have it rebuilt than transferred in secret to the hangar at a later date.

At the very least Lacus was smart enough to know the treaty was BS and that the end of SEED didn't settle the hatred between the Feds and ZAFT, it just gave them a moment of calm before they go back to killing each other.

Though it didn't take until Destiny that Lacus figured out that stashing Freedom wasn't enough and she should be using her popularity and power to ensure that peace remains.
So what was Kira expecting when he wanted the keys from Lacus? You think he didn't know the Freedom was behind those doors?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 21:16   Link #6433
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Unfortunately, we don't know how the Destroy was powered. It's size could very well have warranted a fully functional power plant, as opposed to the usual energy battery or nuclear fission reactor seen on previous mobile suits.
And what exactly would that power plant consist of exactly?

Since my understanding is that things like gas, coal, and the like where either nonexistent or in very limited supply. And I'm not entirely sure whatever powers capital ships in seedverse can be miniaturized to power even something the size of the Destroy.

And concerning the Freedoms underground hanger. It was under the Atha family mansion not an orphanage. An explanation for the construction can be explained as renovations or even repairs to the mansion.
Old 2013-04-17, 21:22   Link #6434
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Entirely possible, but that only makes it even more likely to be known to ORB. You simply can't hide that level of construction, and someone will be coming for answers if they find out someone's building a whole friggin' support facility to a mobile suit under a place that's supposed to be an orphanage.
Wait a second, I thought the place where the Freedom was stored was underneath Murrue Ramius and Andrew Waltfeld place? Reverend Malchio's Orphanage was destroyed.
Old 2013-04-17, 21:29   Link #6435
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
And what exactly would that power plant consist of exactly?

Since my understanding is that things like gas, coal, and the like where either nonexistent or in very limited supply. And I'm not entirely sure whatever powers capital ships in seedverse can be miniaturized to power even something the size of the Destroy.

And concerning the Freedoms underground hanger. It was under the Atha family mansion not an orphanage. An explanation for the construction can be explained as renovations or even repairs to the mansion.
Personally I'm of the belief that it was also nuclear-powered, but we just don't know officially; power sources are also a source of flip-flopping on Gundam SEED as far as official word goes. The Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice, for example, were originally said to carry nuclear fission reactors and N-Jammer Cancelers, and then they changed their minds and said they were Hyper Deuterion Reactors (though oddly, they still had the N-Jammer Cancelers, which aren't needed for such, as the Destiny and Legend lack those).

As for what it could be? I dunno. The EA had plenty of time to figure out alternative power sources before they got the N-Jammer Canceler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Wait a second, I thought the place where the Freedom was stored was underneath Murrue Ramius and Andrew Waltfeld place? Reverend Malchio's Orphanage was destroyed.
Apparently it's the Atha mansion, which makes it suspect as all hell, given that it's Cagalli's place. And Kira, Lacus, Malchio, and the orphans were living there as well, so still kinda an orphanage.
Old 2013-04-17, 21:45   Link #6436
Aquaman OS

Destiny and Legend have N Jammer Cancellers according to the latest tech specs. All 4 of the final GSD Gundams have the exact same power supply (and yes I know Destiny and Legend are launched from cables and SF and IJ aren't, but that's the official story. I guess they'll change that in the remaster.)
Old 2013-04-17, 21:46   Link #6437
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... see what I mean about flip-flopping? Way too much of it in Gundam SEED's word of god.
Old 2013-04-17, 21:52   Link #6438
S.Freedom

Uhm, I think there's a slight misunderstanding about where Kira, Lacus, Malchio, Carrida, and the kids lived. They lived in two separate places in Destiny. First is the orphanage we saw from Seed. Than after the Break the World event they moved to the Atha family mansion. Which also seems to be where Marrue and Andrew lived.

Also, Cagalli was living at another residents. From what I can tell, the chief Reresentative had there own "palace" of sorts separate from the family home.

Concerning the Destiny, Legend, S. Freedom, and I.Justice's power plants. I was under the impression that a hyper deuterion reactor combined a nuclear fission reactor with a deuterion battery system. That's what the gundam wiki's said for the longest time. Here's the link http://gundam.wiki.com/wiki/Hyper-Deuterion_Nuclear_Reactor.

Last edited by S.Freedom; 2013-04-17 at 22:13.
Old 2013-04-17, 22:19   Link #6439
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Either way, the construction of a self-sustained hanger and repair facility for a mobile suit under the Atha family mansion is extremely suspect, so there's no way that ORB couldn't have known of the Freedom's continued existence.

It's providing no sources on the Hyper-Deuterion, so I'd take it with a grain of salt on how its components are made up.
Old 2013-04-17, 22:40   Link #6440
Aquaman OS

Considering a single Orb family managed to hide the fact that they were using a major Orb installation to co build mobile suits with EA from the leader of their entire nation, its not far fetched that Freedom's storage was only known to a few, possibly none.

And considering it was the best interests of everyone that the "official story" remain intact (That there was no near apocalypse, Freedom, Justice and Eternal were Zaft operated throughout the last war, and the TSA didn't exist) its likely anyone that knew about Freedom, was content to let it rot forever in Cagalli's basement, lest it and its battle data be found and contradict the story. Plus it was a piece of history, so they might have wanted to use it as propaganda or a museum piece at some point in the future if the truth ever did get out.

And considering they weren't developing anything with it, and weren't actually using it, as far as they were concerned they had simply locked a dangerous weapon away forever. I don't believe the treaty required all NJC mobile suits to be destroyed or disposed of. They just couldn't use them, and couldn't make them.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep