AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-10-12, 15:20   Link #5161
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
The draft was bad because their pool was lacking. San's skill gap on lucian and any other ADC is simply too huge, he didn't look nearly practiced enough on Corki. Cloud's thresh was lacking, and his morgana was just plain bad, so again limited pool. Gogoing could play rumble, but he never once impressed with his ults, harpoons, dangerous zone usage, or otherwise in fact I recalled many more awkward ults than even decent ones, he lacked mastery of the champion, maybe he could play Maokai too but that's 2 champions he's good on, which is far from a deep champion pool.

OMG all around lacked champion pool depth, aside from cool.

Edit: Heck the only reason that beat royal at all was royal getting baited into the zilean pick in games 1 & 4 and simply not being able to play the champion well as a team at all.

Cause they added a support who could play 1, maybe 2 champions well? No that doesn't change their strength, and I'll say it again Royal went even with TSM 1 - 1, and TSM lost horribly to White, which shows the odds are against them.
It doesn't sound like you watch any LPL or are aware of what the current meta is. so... I'm done after this

There's not really a gap between his lucian and other ADs, there's a gap between lucian in general and every other adc in the game. Even in cloud9 vs SSB, ssb had to ban lucian from game 2 on.
It's not about cloud's champ pool. His game sense and mechanics are way better than Dada7's.
Gogoing could have picked irelia.
The main problem in game 5 was that you don't pick an inferior teamfighting comp into a a super strong meta teamfighting comp at all stages of the game. OMG needed to switch strategies and not play into what royal could do. If they wanted to teamfight, they should actually prioritize strong teamfighting champions like lucian and maokai instead of getting kha zix and janna. otherwise, you run the problem of getting outscaled too hard.

Anyways, instead of focusing on the champion picks or the # of champions picked too much, you really need to think about the skill of the players as well. San would lose to Uzi on any adc and even with lucian, the best he can manage is even.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 17:23   Link #5162
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

OMG don't have champion pools...give me a break...if you watched any LPL, you'd know otherwise.

Game 3, OMG should have won. But stupid skirmishes around Baron cost them. Game 5 they got outdrafted. It was a good set and came down to little things.

OMG can't split push so they have to team fight. Their one shallow point is the strats they can play. Royal Club aren't much different - they are all in no matter how far or behind they are.

Decent set but very erratic.

Either way, White 3-0 next week, good luck if any game even reaches 30 minutes.

And White don't care about any freaking meta.
Old 2014-10-12, 21:48   Link #5163
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Anyway, why the hell is SHRC picking this shit Zilean. Like, why not pick what Corn is good at like, Orianna. Literally fed all game.
Zilean (mid or support) isn't a bad champion. However you need to know what he brings to your team and play accordingly, something that SHRC certainly didn't do today.

OMG could play 5 ninjas in LPL and still win the majority of their games. LPL is a rather weak league and can't really be used as reference.

And it's pretty funny that people say that OMG has decent champion pools, which is definitely not the case. Even the analysts during worlds agree on that. Also if we compare the amount of champions SSW has played so far and OMG (or SHRC), the difference is just gigantic.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 00:17   Link #5164
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Zilean (mid or support) isn't a bad champion. However you need to know what he brings to your team and play accordingly, something that SHRC certainly didn't do today.

OMG could play 5 ninjas in LPL and still win the majority of their games. LPL is a rather weak league and can't really be used as reference.

And it's pretty funny that people say that OMG has decent champion pools, which is definitely not the case. Even the analysts during worlds agree on that. Also if we compare the amount of champions SSW has played so far and OMG (or SHRC), the difference is just gigantic.
If lpl is a weak league then I wonder what makes LCS. Trench tier?
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 07:08   Link #5165
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Certainly for Europe. North America showed up more overall and showed some resistance to Korean teams.

Seriously, why would one simply accuse OMG of shallow champ pools when only Thresh or Janna appear most of the time at support for any team this championship, Lucian or Corki at AD carry (since games are faster here and Tristana isn't suited for that), Lee Sin or Kha'Zix in the jungle? At this level of play, what can and can't work against the best teams is narrower. That doesn't fully equate to shallow champion pools.
Old 2014-10-13, 07:18   Link #5166
Bogart
Banned

Everyone was freakin' out that Leona was Op this time last year and she was practically benched before the Spring split was in full swing. Riot is seriously screwed up when it comes to nerfing and buffing champs. They didn't even touch Thresh for 2 years and he's still the best support after being tweaked.
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 09:47   Link #5167
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Even if LCS is trench tier, it doesn't change that LPL is weak. In fact it has no connection at all.
Old 2014-10-13, 15:11   Link #5168
Eragon
Still Alive

These splash arts... DAMMNNNNNN
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/10...be-update.html
Old 2014-10-13, 15:32   Link #5169
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Old 2014-10-13, 16:26   Link #5170
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Going to sell SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! XD
Old 2014-10-13, 16:26   Link #5171
Zakoo

I think we have the best skin riot ever made.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 17:39   Link #5172
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Seriously, why would one simply accuse OMG of shallow champ pools when only Thresh or Janna appear most of the time at support for any team this championship, Lucian or Corki at AD carry (since games are faster here and Tristana isn't suited for that), Lee Sin or Kha'Zix in the jungle? At this level of play, what can and can't work against the best teams is narrower. That doesn't fully equate to shallow champion pools.
When you can only play the most meta of meta picks or fail, then clearly your pools are swallower. That's the definition of swallow champion pool. When they tried to play the non-super meta picks like Nidalee, Kayle, or Morgana they simply lost.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 22:15   Link #5173
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Swallow?

Anyway, these splash arts ... Some of them are ok, some of them are very bad.

Improvement - Alright:

I preferred the earlier Ahri splash though.

These faces are just hilarious. Not sure if that's a bad thing.

I look like a grandmother now!

Suddenly, Pantheon.

I'm a bird now.

Who is this abomination?
Old 2014-10-13, 22:18   Link #5174
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
LoL champions are looking more like DOTA. Cmon Riot no need to fuel hate even more .

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2014-10-14 at 00:43.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 23:31   Link #5175
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Yep....Ezreal turns into an even bigger creep...typical...

Well at least they're not floating, sounding pre-pubescent or are Puck, Pocari.
Old 2014-10-14, 01:09   Link #5176
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Tristana's expression just bleeds with "CYA NERDS!"

I think all of the splashes are good. Very interested about Janna's splash, maybe it signals a change in lore? Much more elvish and much older looking.
Old 2014-10-19, 02:59   Link #5177
Eragon
Still Alive

Yeah, Janna just looks like she forgot to put on clothes after getting up from sleep.

Trist looks adorable but, I still loathe her. Y u do dis to me Rito ?! D:

As for the match, an appropriate gif for SHRC,

"No chance"
Old 2014-10-19, 03:18   Link #5178
EroKing

I'm watching dis

Old 2014-10-19, 03:37   Link #5179
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Jeez the onslaught is already too much.
Old 2014-10-19, 05:36   Link #5180
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Most well-rounded team to be champions. Samsung White more than deserve it.

Riot are probably licking their lips about that going to a 4th game. If the 'champions played in final game' rule holds, Kassadin and Rengar are getting SSW skins - aka champs that have never had a decent one. $$$ for them.

And huzzah - they finally let Chobra in on the broadcast. About damn time.

Mata MVP - well deserved.

Tags
league of legends, lol