AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-26, 23:31   Link #1
xyrrus

Shika's Father... a regular nin or a soldier? [Manga]

In the village of Konoha, there are regular ninjas who do not work directly for the village ex. Hinata's father & Jiraya, and then there are the ones we see all the time... the ones that carry a head protector who go on missions and work under the command of a Hokage. After watching episode 98, I notice that Shikamaru's father does not have a head protector but he does have a flak jacket. And it was mentioned some time ago that he was part of a trio with Inos and Choujis father. Shino's father the short time we got to see him showed no signs of a protector as well nor a flak jacket yet he is said to be on a mission with Shino later on.Now they don't look old enough to be retired, if they are then ignore this thread, if not, then what exactly are they in rank and why aren't they wearing the headbands and besides Shino's father, sent on missions?
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 02:56   Link #2
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

would YOU want to wear that forehead protector? because i wouldnt

my guess is that he is a jounin?
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 09:02   Link #3
Skorpa

i think he's a jounin. Inos father wears a forehead protector and they work together. I bet shikas father thinks its to troublesome to wear a forehead protector :P
Skorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 11:08   Link #4
Bloodloss2000
Someone new

Send a message via AIM to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via MSN to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodloss2000
But I thought they were elite Ninja's of some sort... you know when Konoha is under attack and Hokage starts talking about how they moved the people to safe houses and have prepered a counter attack... yeah well Shikamru's Dad and Chouji's Dad were part of it.

Um whoops should have read the title more clearly... can someone delete this post please.
Bloodloss2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 11:23   Link #5
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

is shikas father known as a genius? Because nobody other than shikas sensei noticed it
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 12:16   Link #6
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

He is a jounin, i think an elite one too.
Old 2004-08-27, 13:11   Link #7
Mika

odds are he is a high up Jonin...I loved his recent speech...I had been waiting for it for a year
Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 15:50   Link #8
xyrrus

Hmmm never thought of them to be that good to be a jounin. It sorta begs the question "So where are all the Konoha Chuunins?". When the sand/sound attacked, they attacked with a lot of chuunin and under soldiers while the defending Leaf responded with pretty much all jounin lvl ninjas + a few chuunins. Furthermore being a jounin have a lot of responsibilities, we've seen Kakashi, Gai, and friends go on missions, wear uniforms and perform many funtions and duties while these guys who "supposedly" are jounins roam around footloose and fancy free. I don't buy it.
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 15:55   Link #9
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
He's the head of a family with a special secret technique, and I'm sure he's mastered it, so yeah, I'm guessing he's an elite jounin. If you look at a younger jounin, like Anko or Kurenai they sorta run around all the place because they still have to prove themselves jounin worthy. However, the elite jounins (exception=Gai) laze about (like Shikamaru's dad) or are late for every appointment (like Kakashi) or smoke all the time relaxing on recliners (like Asuma.) B)
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 21:27   Link #10
Makhazol

I figure that all the ones not wearing forehead protectors are retired. Knowing Shikamaru, he did say he wanted to retire early, so it'd make sense that Shikato'd feel the same way and retire once he had enough to support his family. Shino's dad probably retired as a regular nin in order to run the Aburame clan - like Hiashi. Though we know next to nothing about the Aburame clan. Choumaru and Inoshi probably retired with, or shortly after, Shikato, since they're so good friends and all. I reckon the reason Inoshi still has a protector, though, is he got it out for old time's sake once he was called to battle in the invasion.

The reason they're doing stuff is cause first, when they were invaded, even the retired ones were needed to help. And cause numbers were so depleted and all, they were pressed back into service to help with missions. I mean, in chapter 182, Shika's mom does say, "As of today, your dad has a mission too!" Implying that it's not commonplace.
Makhazol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 21:54   Link #11
strategos

notice well

that all the head clan do not necesary wear the head band on their head, they might use a symbol o the konohana village some place else. Shikoo father is a head clan. remeber that tsunade said: "Hey the kid from the <i dont remeber the clan>clan in episode 98. in the stairs. he is the leader from that clan. so we have like 6 clans for now in naruto
and eveyone witrh their story and history
each time naruto s getting more interesting
the author came with a anime that has a whole culture inside the whole story.
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 22:26   Link #12
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Shikamaru's father is an alcoholic. Thats about it.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 23:04   Link #13
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
Alcoholics are the best in Naruto, look at Jiraiya, he becomes a ladies man after a few drinks of sake, except Tsunade just slapps him around when he's drunk and tries his charm on her.
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote