AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 74 69.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-23, 20:03   Link #341
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
I suppose you've watched Nanoha A's.
Tell me, what did you think of the Volkenritters' actions after having watched episode 2?
Did your opinion change after watching episode 6?
Nice dodge, but you didn't answer the question.

And I get the feeling that none of you will ever.
Old 2007-07-23, 20:07   Link #342
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
Hahaha, I just wanted to be careful and not spoil it for some readers. Sorry if I did anything bad.
That wasn't a rhetorical question. I see several people using the "spoiler" tag, and I just don't understand the meaning in this thread.
Old 2007-07-23, 20:09   Link #343
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nice dodge, but you didn't answer the question.
Nope, since the question wasn't directed at me.

Anyway, I surely don't trust Spaghetti. I just say that it's too early to have a definite opinion about him.
Old 2007-07-23, 20:13   Link #344
Fabien

Quote:
[attacking the HQs] is already the worst thing he could have done.
Nope. He could have killed people. Lots of people.
AFAIK, he's responsible for damaging property, hurting a few people, and abduction of two girls.
Believe me, with his power, he could have done far worse.
Old 2007-07-23, 20:15   Link #345
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Nope, since the question wasn't directed at me.

Anyway, I surely don't trust Spaghetti. I just say that it's too early to have a definite opinion about him.
My bad then, cause you was replying off from it I assumed.

My pick with this is that, yes there MIGHT be a (microscopic) possibility he isn't 'that' bad, but I don't see any prove of it here. He has tons of evidences going against him.

So why are there people so eager to trust him base on HIS words?

And it's definately not because he didn't kill, that was a pure display of power over their lives. He could CHOOSE whether they live or die.
Old 2007-07-23, 20:17   Link #346
Jimmy C

A few minutes behind, and things change...
Fabien, that you don't trust Scags made the first part of my reply moot.
Perhaps in future episodes we'll see that the Doctor is mired in a moral dilema like the Volkenritters in A's. Until then, I'll take his words with a pinch of salt. Even so, that doesn't excuse the huge rap sheet he already has. I'm talking about the extensive one Fate mentioned back in ep6.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2007-07-23 at 20:33.
Old 2007-07-23, 20:18   Link #347
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Nope. He could have killed people. Lots of people.
AFAIK, he's responsible for damaging property, hurting a few people, and abduction of two girls.
Believe me, with his power, he could have done far worse.
No, by destroying their headquarters, there would be chaos and panic. By taking out their main base, you would render them ineffective to mantain order.'

People want to talk about the big picture? Well this is the big picture.

What he did was an act of war.
Old 2007-07-23, 20:31   Link #348
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
As for who killed Subaru and Ginga's mom, my guess is:
Spoiler:
Hmmmm now thats a bold guess. Maybe thats a reason for Subaru's cyborg placements.

Quote:
No, by destroying their headquarters, there would be chaos and panic. By taking out their main base, you would render them ineffective to mantain order.'

People want to talk about the big picture? Well this is the big picture.

What he did was an act of war.
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he got killed by someone for revenge but thats not going to happen. If you attack any military force your basically on their list to be dealt with.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2007-07-23, 20:37   Link #349
Aaron008R

In any case, I'd like to see the reactions of the people on the next episode to shed more light on the matter. Needless to say there would be some military and political garble, some doubts, and some shattered faiths. (Of course, I'm not ruling out the possibility of some people getting interested) This is usually the time where people start pointing fingers.

About the Scaglietti matter, he'll be ending up ever higher on the wanted list. To be relistic, his intentions won't really matter to most of the victims. All that they would probably think is that, "Some mad scientist staged an attack on us!" or something on similar lines. Thus, I think that he's current priority now is enticing his target market before trying to move onwards. By rules history documentation, the ones who usually comes out victorious in a long war are the ones documented as the correct faction. So if he wins, he'll ultimately be recognized by history as the one who was right. Results at times speak louder than methods or even intentions when things get as serious as this. But, knowing how an anime works...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-07-23, 20:42   Link #350
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
In any case, I'd like to see the reactions of the people on the next episode to shed more light on the matter. Needless to say there would be some military and political garble, some doubts, and some shattered faiths. (Of course, I'm not ruling out the possibility of some people getting interested) This is usually the time where people start pointing fingers.

About the Scaglietti matter, he'll be ending up ever higher on the wanted list. To be relistic, his intentions won't really matter to most of the victims. All that they would probably think is that, "Some mad scientist staged an attack on us!" or something on similar lines. Thus, I think that he's current priority now is enticing his target market before trying to move onwards. By rules history documentation, the ones who usually comes out victorious in a long war are the ones documented as the correct faction. So if he wins, he'll ultimately be recognized by history as the one who was right. Results at times speak louder than methods or even intentions when things get as serious as this. But, knowing how an anime works...
Thus the term.... "The ends justify the means". About the pointing fingers, Hayate is going to get blamed by the land forces.

Anyway we are going off topic, lets keep it in within the discussion of episode 17.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2007-07-23, 20:46   Link #351
Fabien

Quote:
He could CHOOSE whether they live or die.
Whenever I drive and I see a pedestrian, I can choose whether he lives or die.
Old 2007-07-23, 20:49   Link #352
Aaron008R

Quote:
Thus the term.... "The ends justify the means". About the pointing fingers, Hayate is going to get blamed by the land forces.

Anyway we are going off topic, lets keep it in within the discussion of episode 17.
Maybe this could fit in the abandoned Military thread. But then, a new thread would be more fitting...

Quote:
Ahh... A driver of a vehicle with several passsengers is expected to show prudence of a good father-... WAIT! Sorry. I got a little nostalgic of my Obligations and Contracts subject.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-07-23, 20:49   Link #353
narmi

Quote:
Lol, doesn't everyone. Oh yah anyway V and the chance to kill Subaru.but didn't take it. Instead she was shocked and didn't do anything.

Quote:
Maybe this could fit in the abandoned Military thread. But then, a new thread would be more fitting...

Ahh... A driver of a vehicle with several passsengers is expected to show prudence of a good father-... WAIT! Sorry. I got a little nostalgic of my Obligations and Contracts subject.
Oh god lol.

Old 2007-07-23, 20:50   Link #354
Fabien

Quote:
He proved that Ground forces were ineffective to begin with.
And, by destroying Ground Central, he may have allowed TSAB's main branch (Chrono and co) to take over Michilda's protection instead of Regius, which is definitely a Good Thing.
In other words, Bad Guy #1 is trying to destroy Bad Guy #2.
Old 2007-07-23, 20:54   Link #355
Aaron008R

Quote:
And, by destroying Ground Central, he may have allowed TSAB's main branch (Chrono and co) to take over Michilda's protection instead of Regius, which is definitely a Good Thing.
That may not necessarily be the agenda, but it could be very well be a useful externality for some factions. Like they say, 'Almost every situation can give an advantage one way or another.'

(Okay, I just made that up.)

OC Profiles
Old 2007-07-23, 20:54   Link #356
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Lol, doesn't everyone. Oh yah anyway V and the chance to kill Subaru.but didn't take it. Instead she was shocked and didn't do anything.
Their 2 main objectives was a bloodless victory and the Vessel. Jail wanted Type-0 as well, but it was secondary. Besides, they got Ginga anyway, so they still achieved the secondary victory.

Like said, if Jail was really serious, forget just the building of RF6 and GC, there wouldn't be half the important personnel of RF6 and GC left including those like Hayate, Regius and Carim, since Sei's Deep Diver + Otto's Ray Storm would've easily killed every important people during that presentation. After all, buildings are easily replaceable, but not mages.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-23, 20:55   Link #357
Fabien

Quote:
In any case, I'd like to see the reactions of the people on the next episode to shed more light on the matter. Needless to say there would be some military and political garble[...]
Yeah, once again an episode which will be pretty hard to understand without subtitles.
Ah well, we highly count on Thisguy to shed some light on the dialogue...

Last edited by Fabien; 2007-07-23 at 20:55. Reason: typo
Old 2007-07-23, 20:58   Link #358
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Their 2 main objectives was a bloodless victory and the Vessel. Jail wanted Type-0 as well, but it was secondary. Besides, they got Ginga anyway, so they still achieved the secondary victory.
Which means he completely won the skirmish.

Quote:
Like said, if Jail was really serious, forget just the building of RF6 and GC, there wouldn't be half the important personnel of RF6 and GC left including those like Hayate, Regius and Carim. After all, buildings are easily replaceable, but not mages.
He could have easily ordered his troops to just go ahead and bring down the base entirely with everbody inside.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-07-23, 20:58   Link #359
Fabien

Quote:
Like they say, 'Almost every situation can give an advantage one way or another.'
Yeah, Vivio is now under Jail's "care", so Nanoha won't be late for her appointments any more
Old 2007-07-23, 20:59   Link #360
narmi

Quote:
Heheh which will become his down fall, and lets hope Arf gets some screen time with Yuuno.

Quote:
Yeah, Vivio is now under Jail's "care", so Nanoha won't be late for her appointments any more
Oh.... now thats mean and funny. Hahaha

Closed Thread